• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Everyone: Enneatype me

What enneatypes do I have?

• e1

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • e2

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • e3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • e4

• e5

• e6

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • e7

• e8

• e9

• Total voters

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
I find it helps me if there is some structure to responses, so will based my submission on the Enneagram Quiz created for TypeC.

Apologies in advance for not answering all questions. I just felt some of them were much too personal to post on a public forum.

0. What's making you unsure of your type? What research have you already done to determine type?

My tritype specifically...

It constantly changes depending on my mood. I have read up on the various different Enneagram types and done quite a few tests online (and wouldn't rate most of them).

1. Establish a "baseline mood"--when you're at home with nothing to do, where are you at mentally and emotionally? What do you notice in yourself? (Note, this is not a mood you inhabit "frequently", but your psychological baseline).

Restless and bored, agitated to either get out or do something. At home I either have my laptop, some music (provided I can play it loud enough) or some work to distract me, usually, but if I didn't, I'd get really irritable and start lashing out at people.

4. You're not good at everything--
a. What personality traits and/or ways of being are impossible for you to adopt?
b. What are qualities you'd like to have, but can't seem to develop?

I am not sure whether it is impossible, but i'd like to be better at relating to other people emotionally, and to be more patient.

5. Why have you left friends and other relationships in the past and/or why have they left you?

Arguments over and over again, usually. From my end, my anger over the other party not instigating enough activity in the relationship, refusing basic duties and basically obstructing harmony in the relationship. The other party has generally found my beliefs and views a bit too much, and/or me emotionally challenging.

6. Which types do you identify with most?
a. How do you relate to these types?
b. How do you NOT relate to them?

I identify the most with types 6, 8 and 4, and 3 and 5 to an extent. I see nothing in the others.

Why? Look, I am really bad at explaining my own personality in depth...but basically I looked at the profiles of those types and would that say I feel they connect with me the most. The question is more one of order than of identifying types themselves for me, though maybe you guys will disagree. I would caution taking my forum posting as representative of my true personality either however, inevitably I let of steam here a lot - I'm generally a lot more relaxed and in control navigating (i have a very good sense of direction), investigating an ancient site or drinking beer in the pool than debating, which tends to get me frustrated if nobody changes (as without outcome, things are kind of pointless...)

8. They claim enneagram type is a hidden love need. What are your attitudes toward finding love?

Ambivalent. I like the idea of being in love, and the times I've had a girlfriend however brief they were (I seem incapable of a relationship beyond a couple of months lol) have been oases of happiness for me. But inevitably once the passion ends I don't seem to hold any attraction to girls anymore...we start arguing a lot...and I find that really stressful, especially my most recent relationship. I have been arguing with my parents a lot recently and having her being a bitch to me as well just switched a fuse and made me really angry.

Ideally, I just want someone to smile, come up and talk to me and for everything to flow, and over time gently draw out the parts of me nobody has got to see yet and I want to share with someone. My needs might not be "average", but not much about me is...that's part of the problem I think. I just doubt what happens will ever last :(

10. Determine your ego ideal--the way you strive to be and want others to perceive you. (Note, you may be consciously aware of failing at this, and you will be hard on yourself if you do. If someone else tells you you're NOT this way, it may make you feel hurt, violated, or angry.)

I am pretty indifferent to how most people view me actually, what frustrates me is that I don't feel I will be able to achieve my potential and purpose. My main drive is to be able to live my own life, independent of any support and the way I want to. I want to be in control. I don't really feel the need to go after anyone else unless what they are doing may harm me in some way; my anger really comes out in those cases.

Which of the following ideals resonate with you the most, and why? Rank them.

Being "okay", having it together - very closely followed by being strong and unassailable. I also want to be original, creative, and express my musical abilities outside my head. However I kind of take much of this for granted as it isn't something I have to work on to the same extent.

None of the other ideals interest me much.

11. Determine your "felt sense" of life. To do this it may help to look at how you perceive events. Another way to do this is to look back at your childhood and think of all the things your parents did to you. How did you/do you feel about these events?

Here are some common "felt senses" of life:

I am vulnerable to feeling imperfect and often worry that I'm not and won't be good enough, that I won't be able to attract anyone, and will be left by girlfriends I want to be with because of who I am, personal stuff about me. I also am on the lookout for physical threats a lot, my Se is quite well devaloped - probably this because it has been bred into me by my background. I don't have fond memories of high school, affluence doesn't protect you from bullying.

12. Core fears. You may have been aware of these fears even as a very small child, before anyone did anything to influence it. You'd be mortified to be in this position or have others perceive you this way.

Discuss which fears have played the greatest role in your life:

Just not feeling that I'm in control of my life and that I have no/can't achieve a purpose. I want to be independent of the system - because I realise it won't last for much longer, I am frustrated to find that I can't survive in a more Darwinian, organic society. I am weak, damaged shit compared to my ancestors, which I hate even more, and while I even know two potential ways to fix this problem, they are both highly dangerous and could lead to my death. I haven't reproduced yet and want to tick that box first.

á´…eparted

passages
I can say with pretty high confidance that you are NOT the following: 1, 2, 7, 8, and 9. Thus leaving 3, 4, 5, and 6 as the most reasonable possibilities. Beyond that I don't know.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
6w5 sx-sp, from what Ive seen.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Forgive my ignorance; what does that term mean?

In the enneagram there are three groups: the heart, the mind and the gut, respectively. Identifying with one from each group gives you your tritype. Within each groups you have a type that is considered the 'reactive'. The other subdivisions are called the 'competent' and the 'optimistic', due to the way they deal with their core fear.

Being a 648 would mean that you are a triple reactive, iow you've got the three reactive types within you.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
In the enneagram there are three groups: the heart, the mind and the gut, respectively. Identifying with one from each group gives you your tritype. Within each groups you have a type that is considered the 'reactive'. The other subdivisions are called the 'competent' and the 'optimistic', due to the way they deal with their core fear.

Being a 648 would mean that you are a triple reactive, iow you've got the three reactive types within you.

That wouldn't surprise me...hell I feel very reactive at the moment...

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Three instead of four.

One instead of eight, perhaps.

I can (kind of) understand 3, but what's your rationale for 1? I have never seen myself as having type 1 traits.

Part of the problem is the skewed perception of my personality you guys get on here from forum posts.

Last edited:

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Here's my results from EclecticEnergies.

Type 5 - 12
Type 8 - 9
Type 3 - 8.3
Type 6 - 8
Type 7 - 8
Type 1 - 7.7
Type 4 - 7

Wing 5w6 - 16
Wing 5w4 - 15.5
Wing 6w5 - 14
Wing 4w5 - 13
Wing 8w7 - 13
Wing 7w8 - 12.5
Wing 6w7 - 12
Wing 7w6 - 12
Wing 3w4 - 11.8
Wing 4w3 - 11.2
Wing 8w9 - 9.9
Wing 1w9 - 8.6
Wing 3w2 - 8.3
Wing 1w2 - 7.7

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
ISTJ 6w5 3w4 1w9

What do you think about this?

That you are off your rocker :D

I live with an ISTJ type 1 and while we share many interests and beliefs, the way we approach them is very different.

Anyway back to business: I am undecided between 6 - 4 - 8, 5 - 4 - 8, 6 - 3 - 8 and 5 - 3 - 8.

I am doubtful about the presence of e1, 2 or 9 in my personality, and believe that e7 would only be present as a wing of another type.

I get that nobody here will believe I have e8 in my tritype because of the nature of our interactions. But IRL I can be impatient, and be prone to outbursts. This surprises people as I'm usually quite thoughtful, calm and easy to talk to. However if I feel I'm not going anywhere I get very restless - if there was one thing I could change about my personality that would be it.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
[MENTION=15318]Evee[/MENTION] The ISTJ I was talking about is my dad.

If I accepted stereotypes he presumably struggles with me because he is an ISTJ and even more so a 1w2. Conflict is greatest concerning studying: he can't understand my studying for an hour on each subject per day max - I glance at book pages, get the general idea and then just go and write, make shit up as I go along, then go back to surfing the net or posting hateful rants :) Yet I got straight As in all my papers. I am not interested in learning and regurgitating anything without a good reason why, as it seems like a stupid way to actually learn. But to him that's an excuse for "laziness". It doesn't matter how many times I do well, just one fuckup on my behalf vindicates his and my mum's (ESFJ 2w1) view that I'm lazy and don't care.

Don't judge my personality on my politics (at least not directly - you could look at why I believe what I do and how I came to), I am sure you are affected by Keirsey who stereotyped SJs as conservatives, unfortunately leading to the inverse being assumed as well.

Fun fact: INTJs are the most likely personality type to vote Republican, or hold "far right" political views.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I know two INTJs, one is liberal as FUCK, the other is libertarian..

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
Fun fact: INTJs are the most likely personality type to vote Republican, or hold "far right" political views.

What about INTJs makes them most likely to vote Republican?