123 Last

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Default What type is EJCC?

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Posting this question somewhere more on-topic than where I'd been discussing this issue previously.

I'm an ESTJ with a lot of NFJ friends and family. I appreciate their interpersonal savvy, kindness, and creativity. They appreciate my steadiness and directness. I've heard from other NFJs that STJs appeal to them because they can take overwhelmingly detailed situations and reduce them to a sentence or two -- which calms the NFJs down immensely and helps them take action.

I acknowledge, here, that NFJs require time to Ni-Ti-dump, which I've talked with other NFJs on the forum about before. They need someone to talk at, so they can lay out all their thoughts and put everything in order. For an STJ, this seems like a prime opportunity to reduce that dumping to a brief summary and piece of advice -- which, as stated above, is one of their great strengths. They recognize this about themselves, and if they know NFJs well, they know that NFJs don't just appreciate that skill, but sometimes NEED it as well.

So, I'm having a difficult time recognizing when NFJs are using me as a sounding board without wanting my input, versus wanting someone to calm them down with Si-Te quick and reliable conclusions. In both cases, they vent at me and are stressed. In neither case will they ask me for my input. Sometimes they thank me, sometimes they are dissatisfied because they wanted me to give external validation (for their Fe), and/or just listen without presenting anything for them.

Not to mention, it's also impossible for me to distinguish that Ni-Ti-dump process, which is normal and natural, with a Ni-Ti loop, which is unhealthy. This is because if I were ever to dump information on someone similarly, it would NOT be healthy or normal, and I would need someone to snap me out of it -- because I don't use Ni or Ti and therefore don't process similarly.

Thoughts?
    There is absolutely no way you're an ESTJ.
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly View Post
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Thanks, folks -- will reply when I have time.

It's been a whole lot of work to get here -- I was the most ESTJ person just about anywhere, up until my early to mid teens. Most ESTJs don't care enough to accommodate others' communication styles. Then again, most ESTJs aren't into the MBTI. If they knew more about personality typology, who knows, maybe it would appeal to their Te/Si, as it appeals to mine, for its practical and strategic use in the real world.

More evidence of my type can be found here.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Thanks, folks -- will reply when I have time.

It's been a whole lot of work to get here -- I was the most ESTJ person just about anywhere, up until my early to mid teens. Most ESTJs don't care enough to accommodate others' communication styles. Then again, most ESTJs aren't into the MBTI. If they knew more about personality typology, who knows, maybe it would appeal to their Te/Si, as it appeals to mine, for its practical and strategic use in the real world.

More evidence of my type can be found here.
    As an ESTJ you should have digested some MBTI profiles in half an hour and then executed your new knowledge in every day interactions, rather than continuing to hang around here and discuss typology theory. I think you're confused. I know tons of ESTJs. They do stuff. They don't talk about it. I think you're confused.
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

It's like me going to fix a car at a garage and then staying behind to learn all the tricks of the trade LOL no, sorry.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

As an ESTJ you should have digested some MBTI profiles in half an hour and then executed your new knowledge in every day interactions, rather than continuing to hang around here and discuss typology theory. I think you're confused. I know tons of ESTJs. They do stuff. They don't talk about it. I think you're confused.
    You may be the only one here who thinks that. I've proven my ESTJ-ness time and time again.

Check out my videos, and check out the thread I linked, for proof of my type. Or if you really want to, feel free to make a thread about it. But I would ask that we not derail this thread to debate it.

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

You may be the only one here who thinks that. I've proven my ESTJ-ness time and time again.

Check out my videos, and check out the thread I linked, for proof of my type. Or if you really want to, feel free to make a thread about it. But I would ask that we not derail this thread to debate it.
    I think Sigourney Weaver is an ISTP. I may be wrong though. It's also peculiar that ISTP is the mirror image of ESTJ function-wise.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    I think Sigourney Weaver is an ISTP. I may be wrong though. It's also peculiar that ISTP is the mirror image of ESTJ function-wise.
    I think she is an INTP. Interesting you mention the ISTP-ESTJ mirror. I tend to find myself butting heads with that type more than any other, at least in a work setting.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

For whatever reason, the types of folks I use in avatars are usually STPs or NTJs. With the exception of Hermione Granger. (Using Ellen Ripley at the moment because The U cast Sigourney Weaver as me in Typology Central: The Movie today!)

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    I think she is an INTP. Interesting you mention the ISTP-ESTJ mirror. I tend to find myself butting heads with that type more than any other, at least in a work setting.
    I think a lot of people feel like they butt heads with ESTJs more than any other type in a work setting.

I probably do worst with people who vary widely between micromanaging and not managing at all. Unsure if that's type-related, but I've seen INTPs and various other introverted types do it.

p.s. I keep meaning to reply to your management question in the Ask an ESTJ thread. I swear I'm not ignoring it.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

For whatever reason, the types of folks I use in avatars are usually STPs or NTJs. With the exception of Hermione Granger. (Using Ellen Ripley at the moment because The U cast Sigourney Weaver as me in Typology Central: The Movie today!)

I think a lot of people feel like they butt heads with ESTJs more than any other type in a work setting.

I probably do worst with people who vary widely between micromanaging and not managing at all. Unsure if that's type-related, but I've seen INTPs and various other introverted types do it.

p.s. I keep meaning to reply to your management question in the Ask an ESTJ thread. I swear I'm not ignoring it.
    I don't mean to imply there is something inherently wrong with ESTJs. It is very likely a fault of my own. I can be pretty stubborn and headstrong when I set my mind on doing something a particular way.