User Tag List

First 678

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    or

In the clip you can see where she's Te-ing it up, then almost physically shrinks back where in one incident, even her voice has a mild tremor in it. Like she's going to get supreme hell for doing so. Didn't like to see that and hope she learns to fly with her strengths, not against them.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Two relatively recent (2013) videos 4 U:

Pre- hair dye and glasses

Post- hair dye and glasses
    AHA! Hair dye and glasses?! No wonder everyone's questioning your type. It's like you're like a whole different person now.

WTF happened to you...
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post

In the clip you can see where she's Te-ing it up, then almost physically shrinks back where in one incident, even her voice has a mild tremor in it. Like she's going to get supreme hell for doing so. Didn't like to see that and hope she learns to fly with her strengths, not against them.
    Yeah it's been an ongoing battle to just let myself Te without worrying about people getting offended. If that was parenting, then it was also that I was an only child and more reliant on parental approval. Loudly voicing my Te meant disrupting familial harmony, and a couple of times I remember being called "selfish" for it. Doesn't help that in my mid teens and in recent years, I found myself befriending people whose emotional reactions I couldn't predict -- some of whom openly "dumped" me for grievances that they hadn't told me about and I hadn't noticed. So I found myself in a position where I felt that I needed to rebuild myself. To make myself worthy of friends, and stop being a jerk. Didn't have any Te role models for this, so I ended up imitating Fe and my NFP friends instead.

My work has made me better about this, because there's so little harmony and so little direct communication. (Things have changed dramatically at my work since that video!) It's a good practice area for seeing how Te I can be in a walking-on-eggshells environment. Letting go of the fake-Fe paranoia and saying "fuck it, I'll do what I can, and brush the rest off".
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

HAHAHA!

Andante is like Wonder Woman tutoring Wonder Girl on how to get out there and kick ass. This is spectacular awesomesauce.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I've met a couple of STJs that were raised by hippies and for hippies. They kind of ring similarly like our EJCC. I buy ESTJ.
    Dat hippie upbringing tho! Did I tell you I went to a K-8 private hippie school where we all sang Joni Mitchell songs?
    Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    If it helps, my Dad is INTP and my Mom was INFJ, just like EJCC. Some of my type-savvy friends theorized that the reason I am not as abrasive as so many INTJs are is that I grew up in that intuitive Ti-Fe household, where Te-brashness and Fi-whininess get shot down very quickly.
    That's a much more concise way of expressing what I just spent a few paragraphs trying to get at, above.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    or

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    AHA! Hair dye and glasses?! No wonder everyone's questioning your type. It's like you're like a whole different person now.

WTF happened to you...
    It is only a disguise. Never fear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    HAHAHA!

Andante is like Wonder Woman tutoring Wonder Girl on how to get out there and kick ass. This is spectacular awesomesauce.
    I really need to collect ExTJ 8s who can teach me their ways.

Teach me how to Te, teach me teach me how to Te!
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

@Jennifer and @EJCC, no need to teach, it's there. You only need some freedom to fly which will happen when you leave the nest and gain some confidence in your abilities. The prior Fe teaching will help to temper the bluntness of Te within any political spectrum. What you will have to do, is to learn not to fold within yourself, instead, when your Fe-taught alarm is ringing, that's when you sit back and observe/listen and when the opportunity returns to speak, don't be afraid to take advantage of the opportunity and seamlessly pick up where you left off, with the same Te confidence level as prior but inclusive of new data.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

A Freak.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    But they form a majority, don't they? You are the odd one, no need for them to adjust. In EJCC's case it was the other way around which makes for a much stronger motivator.
    Decent argument.
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    She was raised by INTP and INFJs, right?

I think that likely did some tempering.
    I think that would probably fuck up any S come to think of it.
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.