User Tag List

First 34567 Last

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    My parents are INFJ and INTP and had a strong influence on my usage of N. Especially because -- and I think most people with an INTP parent can attest to this -- INTP parenting necessitates a degree of "ooh, let's experiment with this kid to see how far i can push them". In my case, that pushing was intellectual, and led to a lot of abstract discussion early on.

However, even with my well-developed Ne, which others have commented on, I still can't help but fall into black and white thinking, especially when stressed. And when in doubt, I always, and I mean ALWAYS, refer to precedent first.
    My mom is ESFJ, dad is ISTP, brother ISTP, sisters ISFP, ESTP, ISTJ.

I grew up in S overload. That still didn't influence my preferences. They all have sensory skills and talents, but I do not take any interest in them and they certainly don't listen for more than 5 seconds to me about Myers Briggs or any of my other N interests. In fact they're all quite dismissive of my personality psychology interests. Not grounded in practical application enough.
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

test
    I FEEL ALRIGHT

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

test part 2.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly View Post

I grew up in S overload. That still didn't influence my preferences. They all have sensory skills and talents, but I do not take any interest in them and they certainly don't listen for more than 5 seconds to me about Myers Briggs or any of my other N interests. In fact they're all quite dismissive of my personality psychology interests. Not grounded in practical application enough.
    They clearly didn't interpret it the way I did -- 90% of my MBTI interest is for the practical application.

Clearly didn't influence my preferences either, as I'm still very clearly a sensor. Assuming your family are actually sensors -- which, considering your N bias as reflected in your mistyping of me, I highly doubt -- then you presumably developed an ability to speak S language and get along better with Sensors. Same thing happened with me, in reverse. Makes me more compatible with Ns than I might have been, had I been raised by S types.

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    test
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_X View Post
    test part 2.
    Weirdest friggin thing -- had no idea Thessaly had replied until the two of you posted.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

But they form a majority, don't they? You are the odd one, no need for them to adjust. In EJCC's case it was the other way around which makes for a much stronger motivator.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

lol "N interests"

My best friend is an ISFP (she's actually a member here) and she's the one that actually showed me the Enneagram and taught me about it. On Skype we've had a lot of conceptual conversations with each other over the theories, the implications and analyses of shows we've watched, etc. What's practical isn't something that she really concerns herself with as much as what's interesting.

On the flip side, I love watching football and basketball, playing mindless fighting games, etc. I'll even eat avocados because I know they're good for my skin. Does this mean I should switch to ESFP? Nope.

I gotta say, between you and @EJCC, she has brought to this discussion (and countless others) detail of thought, implications of her findings, and critical analyses while you seem to just be applying a black and white formula to what you perceive. From your perspective, I'd say you're the one that has your 2nd letter mistyped. But I'm not going to, because I know it actually isn't that simple.

Here you go:

7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

I will admit I have questioned @EJCC's type, but she seems to have a pretty good grasp on the theory and comes off as quite confident in her typing, so that's enough for me. If I didn't know her type and I were asked to guess, I'd probably say either ENFJ, ENTJ or ISxJ. As far as N types go, the two ENJs seem to me to be the most interested in practical, real-world applications of knowledge.
    Masculine presenting transgender lesbian

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

@EJCC
    you are correctly typed
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i don't see why she can't be an ESTJ she's just an unusually introspective one.

I never said she wasn't. I think she's ESTJ 100%. I only wish there were more ESTJs interested in typology.
    Masculine presenting transgender lesbian