• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTP, ENTP, or something else???

Which Type Am I?

• INTP

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • ENTP

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • XNTP

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Other- please post letting me know which type you think I am!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I am confused about what type I am.
I'm pretty sure that I have abundant Ne and Ti- but who's in charge or are they both in charge?
Or am I something different?

So I am starting up a poll.. what type am I?

Also if you could post with why you think I'm that specific type, that would be great!

Everyone good? :nice:

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
It seems to me that your dominant function is extroverted. I don't know you well enough to guess your type, but my vote is ENTP, between that type and INTP.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Your analysis so far leads me to believe you're an INTP. I may alter this with further study
*get's out tools*

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Thanks, Dana and Xander for your opinions!

For now.. I'm going for ANTP!
Ambiversion.. I have to figure out if it actually exists or not first.

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I think that would be XNTP, but then again, I'm still new to MBTI.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
There is no real ambiversion, just degrees of one or the other. You see even if you are in the middle of E and I that doesn't change if you're an INTP or an ENTP.

Do you suck in all available information and then sort the wheat from the chaff or do you sort it out before you gather it and only work with what you gleen?

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I tend to suck in all available information and then sort everything out.
I may learn something new from doing so- I like to keep all my options open.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Of course ambiversion works.

Let's say your ratio of introverting to extraverting TODAY is 6:4. That would make you an introvert.

Tomorrow the ratio changes to 3:7. That day you're an extravert 'cause the second number is larger.

Who says that can't happen? If it consistently changes polarity, Ambivert works.

I wouldn't say ambivert though (for now I use it 'cause i can't thnik of better word) but Ambi implies both at once.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
I tend to suck in all available information and then sort everything out.
I may learn something new from doing so- I like to keep all my options open.
ENTP. Perception first, sorting later.

Me, I'm the opposite. Nothing gets in without first passing through the analysis. Hence Ti Ne. Despite what some might say ;)

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I love the idea of being an ANTP but I think I may be an ENTP who simply had some bad luck socializing in the past.

I remember trying to be friends with some people who just didn't like me. I didn't do anything wrong but it seemed like they wanted to hate me just for the sake of hating me- in the case of high school dynamics- it was because I was seen as a nerd and they didn't like associating with nerds.. I hated that so much.

Thankfully, that has all changed recently- most of my friends are in fact nerds but I'm happy with that.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
I love the idea of being an ANTP but I think I may be an ENTP who simply had some bad luck socializing in the past.

I remember trying to be friends with some people who just didn't like me. I didn't do anything wrong but it seemed like they wanted to hate me just for the sake of hating me- in the case of high school dynamics- it was because I was seen as a nerd and they didn't like associating with nerds.. I hated that so much.

Thankfully, that has all changed recently- most of my friends are in fact nerds but I'm happy with that.
Nerds are often the most colourful of personalities... it's the fashion manequins I can't stand. Sure they look nice but only until you reach the eyes and see the blank expression... it'll be hell when they start doing 3D advertisments with those billboard stars...

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Nerds are often the most colourful of personalities... it's the fashion manequins I can't stand. Sure they look nice but only until you reach the eyes and see the blank expression... it'll be hell when they start doing 3D advertisments with those billboard stars...

but they do make great house decorations.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
extraverted Sensing (Se) *************** (15.8)
unused
introverted Sensing (Si) *********************** (23.8)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *************************************** (39.9)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ***************************** (29.6)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************************* (33.9)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************************** (44)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********************** (23.5)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ***************************** (29.7)
average use

According to this, here is how one would rank my cognitive processes.

Ti/Ne/Te/Fi/Ni/Si/Fe/Se

So
Ti>Te, Ne>Ni, Fi>Fe BUT Si>Se
Ti is stronger than Ne and Si is stronger than Fe.. I guess this sort of says INTP.
Both are fairly strong.
I think I'm going to look at each of the questions separately and try to figure out what processes they actually work for.
I already did it for 'brainstorming'- something I think I'm very good at and was surprised to see that not only Ne went up but Ti.. I guess a lot of things I associated with Ne also exist with Ti too.. I may be ready to consider myself a Ti-dom.

NOTE: Something of interest, I switched all the answers around and my opposite type is NOT ESFJ but ESFP.. cognitive processes are crazy..

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I personally thought the avatar was kind of funny- that's the only reason.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
NOTE: Something of interest, I switched all the answers around and my opposite type is NOT ESFJ but ESFP.. cognitive processes are crazy..
If you run all the functions backwards from eighth to first; for the INTP, it would be ISFP! Considering that the strengths are not in order, that's close enough, and makes sense.

I've found that even if the strengths don't match the order it's opposed to, they will still fall into the archetypal roles. So you can see for instance, what role Te plays in your life (stressful opposition, and backup to Ti, for instance), and if this is really your preferences, it will match that.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I took the test again.

Your Cognitive Development Profile
The forty-eight questions you rated earlier tap into the eight cognitive processes. Some questions tapped into basic or developed use of a process used by itself, while other questions tapped into use of multiple processes at once. The profile below is based on your responses. The number of squares indicate strength of response. The equivalent numeric is shown in parentheses along with likely level of development.
Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) *********************** (23.1)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************* (19.1)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ***************************************** (41.4)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************************** (30)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************************* (33.2)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) **************************************** (40.4)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************** (20.9)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************** (32.1)
good use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTP

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Thinking (Ti): Gaining leverage (influence) using a framework. Detaching to study a situation from different angles and fit it to a theory, framework or principle. Checking for accuracy. Using leverage to solve the problem.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTP, or INFP

I have a question about my results.

Ne>Ti & Fe>Si.. why does this say I'm INTP?

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Well I have the opposite problem. Ti way over Ne and yet I'm an ENTP?