• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Been typed as everything from INFJ to ENTP.. help?

Which type?

• ENTP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INTP

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • INFJ

• INFP

• Total voters

fersailles

I've been typed as everything from INFJ/ENFJ to INTP/INTJ/ENTP. I don't feel that any of the personality descriptions describe me very well. The only thing I'm certain of is that I'm a xNxx.

Extrovert/Introvert — fairly certain I'm introverted as I get tired after an hour or so of socializing and eventually just space out. I enjoy silences more than most people do (and definitely prefer them), and usually find them relatively comfortable even with strangers. I never talk on the phone and only text when necessary to pass on information. However, humor is essentially the backbone of my existence and I absolutely love being the center of attention whenever I make a joke; hearing people laugh at something I said is one of my favorite feelings. Typically go for sarcastic/clever/dry/witty humor a la Veep. I definitely get a lot of energy from entertaining via humor. I think my image/what people view me as is very important, and I've cultivated it to make sure I'm seen as smart and quick on all fronts.

Intuition/Sensing — very sure that it's N. I have no interest in details or hands-on type of stuff. I'm a quick, visual learner and definitely enjoy making plans more than following through with them. Really a big picture kind of person.

Feeling/Thinking — quite unsure about this one. While I 100 percent think things through before I go through with them (a common example - when at restaurants I weigh every meal option for how delicious it's going to be/easiness of eating/price/amount of food and then rehearse my lines a thousand times before ordering - I overanalyze a lot) and I ultimately use my brain over my emotions when making decisions, I don't identify with the "coldness" often presented in Thinking types. I don't find it impossible to relate to people, but I do find it impossible to find what to say/do. I am terrible at taking things seriously and hardly ever do, even when clearly needed - I find it really uncomfortable. Not only do I find it almost impossible to talk about emotions/feelings, I really think it's unnecessary/uncomfortable most of the time. I like to forgive/forget rather then dwell on things and usually bottle things up. I'm bad with confrontations only because I view them as unnecessary most of the time; however, if someone is clearly in my way or very blatantly in the wrong, I have absolutely no problem with standing ground and telling them off. I enjoy debate/conversation very much, especially with things I am knowledgable about. Retain a lot of information/trivia. Can quickly analyze data/information and draw conclusions.

Also - I HATE movies/shows that blatantly attempt to appeal to the audience's emotions (The Notebook, etc). I don't think I've cried when watching a film since I was 10. I am an atheist, and don't find religion to be logically sound. Am often surprised to meet people and find out they're religious because I don't think it makes any sense.
I think people who share everything and anything on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram are really annoying. I think a lot of things should be kept private.

Judging/Perceiving — don't know much about this category. I plan things out and prefer routine - however I almost always avoid being bound by obligations and am usually ~5/10 minutes late to things. I think time/deadlines are more flexible/relative than they are.

I'm sure there's a lot of stuff I left out. Please let me know if there's anything I should add. This is an odd amount of effort put into finding out which arbitrary personality group I fall in, but it's killing me not being able to answer when people ask me.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm going to take a few shots in the dark here.

I'm getting a definite Ti-Fe or Fe-Ti vibe from what you shared (as opposed to Fi-Te/Te-Fi).

I'm going to tentatively say some variant of NTP. I don't think you're a xNTJ, but I wouldn't completely rule out xNFJ. Your comment about not caring much for deadlines would indicate a preference for P over J, but some J types have also reported such attitudes toward deadlines. Don't bind yourself to a particular type based purely on stereotypical traits which can often be over-exaggerated in type descriptions.

Also, why are you so certain you are N and not S? How hands-on are you when learning new skills and information? I think it can be much easier to confuse sensing and intuition than many people think.

Could you provide some more information and self-analysis as objectively as possible?

Perhaps you might take a cognitive functions test and see how the scores stack up.

fersailles

I'm fairly certain I am N instead of S because of the way I usually think. For example, when studying I retain almost no dates/exact numbers and instead focus on the big idea of the chapter (or whatever I'm studying) and I fill in the blanks for the rest following this broad idea. It usually works out great for me - I'm not a big studier. I also really hated labs (especially physics) in high school, would almost always learn more in lectures/reading.

Cognitive functions ranking - Ti, Ni, Te, Ne, Fe, Si, Fi, Se

I'm also not sure if I'm an introvert/extrovert because while small talk/forcing conversation absolutely drains me within minutes, I gain a lot of energy/happiness from entertaining and cracking jokes, or debating and formulating arguments.

Here are some questions I found that may help with typing -

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mtsacprof/14271739397/in/explore-2014-06-19/
The angle really bothers me. I understand the photographer tried to include the reflection of the cliffs in the lake, especially considering the opportune lighting, but it is teetering on the edge of Instagram angle/filter.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
Well, how did the car break down? Engine trouble? Flat tire? I’d check to make sure we have reception and call for help if we ended up concluding that the problem was not fixable ATM. I don’t know how “middle of nowhere” this would be if it’s on the road to a concert venue, I’m sure there would be some other concert goers on the way who might be able to give us a ride. If not, then we’re probably not too far from our starting point and could call for someone we knew or a taxi for a ride. How often does this band come to town? How much were tickets? How set were the others on attending the concert? I’d weigh pros/cons, think about how much trouble it would be worth.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
I weigh pros/cons - how many of my friends are going? How much do I like those friends? Where will the after party be held? I’d probably go considering I have a safe ride.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

My inward reaction would be to analyze whether it would be worth it to speak up in this very moment. In this (relative) order, I would: ensure that I have a good argument and points to back it up, analyze how valuable and productive this discussion will be in context to myself and the others in the car, analyze how important this certain belief is to me, analyze how important this certain belief is to whom I am arguing with. If I ended up deciding to contribute to the discussion in which my friend made the claim, I would counter it. If not, I would most likely make a sarcastic joke about it to subtly undercut the claim. Yay, passive-aggression!

5. If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be?
I’m someone who avoids obligations and pushes things off/ignores them instead of facing them head on. I am also someone who would prefer to lead/take charge of all tasks when working in a team simply because I often don’t trust that others will do it to my expectations. This leads to me biting off more than I can chew. I’m definitely an easy-going individual, but overly pushy/bossy people bother me, especially if they don’t know what they’re doing, and will not hesitate to take the reins. Another thing I’d like to change - my ability to confront someone about something almost definitely relies on who is with me at the time/how visible my actions are. I think I focus too much energy on how I am seen by everyone else.

6. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
I hardly ever get or recognize “hunches.” Sometimes I’ll feel uneasy before taking long trips, but I almost always immediately dismiss it. The closest thing to a “gut feeling” that I get, I suppose, would be when watching TV/movies I can most often predict what’s going to happen by analyzing what scenes the director decided to include versus what lines the writers put in - stuff like that.

7. What activities energize you most? What activities drain you most? Why?
Going out into unfamiliar territory socially exhausts me, and so does small talk and forced conversation. If I have nothing of value to say, I don’t talk usually.
Silent car rides energize me, but so does entertaining groups of people (preferably with a at least few people I know). The idea of meeting new people and socializing is great, especially in the moment, but I’m exhausted after because I’m overanalyzing every little detail in the shower the next morning. I am also really energized/excited when debating or arguing something worthwhile.

8. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others?
I get annoyed with the behavior of others /a lot/ and hardly ever show it unless actively provoked. I prefer to be more easy-going. To be honest, I keep most of my life private, and I don’t offer information about myself unless explicitly asked. Oversharing makes me really uncomfortable. I am definitely somewhat concerned about my “public image” so I’m careful to keep that in line and not disclose anything else. I also don’t share my interests in things that are considered “popular” - not necessarily because I dislike that they are mainstream, but I don’t find it worthwhile to discuss something that 90 percent of people like. Definitely like esoteric things.

yeghor

I've been typed as everything from INFJ/ENFJ to INTP/INTJ/ENTP. I don't feel that any of the personality descriptions describe me very well. The only thing I'm certain of is that I'm a xNxx.

Extrovert/Introvert — fairly certain I'm introverted as I get tired after an hour or so of socializing and eventually just space out. I enjoy silences more than most people do (and definitely prefer them), and usually find them relatively comfortable even with strangers. I never talk on the phone and only text when necessary to pass on information. However, humor is essentially the backbone of my existence and I absolutely love being the center of attention whenever I make a joke; hearing people laugh at something I said is one of my favorite feelings. Typically go for sarcastic/clever/dry/witty humor a la Veep. I definitely get a lot of energy from entertaining via humor. I think my image/what people view me as is very important, and I've cultivated it to make sure I'm seen as smart and quick on all fronts.

Intuition/Sensing — very sure that it's N. I have no interest in details or hands-on type of stuff. I'm a quick, visual learner and definitely enjoy making plans more than following through with them. Really a big picture kind of person.

Feeling/Thinking — quite unsure about this one. While I 100 percent think things through before I go through with them (a common example - when at restaurants I weigh every meal option for how delicious it's going to be/easiness of eating/price/amount of food and then rehearse my lines a thousand times before ordering - I overanalyze a lot) and I ultimately use my brain over my emotions when making decisions, I don't identify with the "coldness" often presented in Thinking types. I don't find it impossible to relate to people, but I do find it impossible to find what to say/do. I am terrible at taking things seriously and hardly ever do, even when clearly needed - I find it really uncomfortable. Not only do I find it almost impossible to talk about emotions/feelings, I really think it's unnecessary/uncomfortable most of the time. I like to forgive/forget rather then dwell on things and usually bottle things up. I'm bad with confrontations only because I view them as unnecessary most of the time; however, if someone is clearly in my way or very blatantly in the wrong, I have absolutely no problem with standing ground and telling them off. I enjoy debate/conversation very much, especially with things I am knowledgable about. Retain a lot of information/trivia. Can quickly analyze data/information and draw conclusions.

Also - I HATE movies/shows that blatantly attempt to appeal to the audience's emotions (The Notebook, etc). I don't think I've cried when watching a film since I was 10. I am an atheist, and don't find religion to be logically sound. Am often surprised to meet people and find out they're religious because I don't think it makes any sense.
I think people who share everything and anything on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram are really annoying. I think a lot of things should be kept private.

Judging/Perceiving — don't know much about this category. I plan things out and prefer routine - however I almost always avoid being bound by obligations and am usually ~5/10 minutes late to things. I think time/deadlines are more flexible/relative than they are.

I'm sure there's a lot of stuff I left out. Please let me know if there's anything I should add. This is an odd amount of effort put into finding out which arbitrary personality group I fall in, but it's killing me not being able to answer when people ask me.

Could you do this test and paste the results please?

Free Enneagram Personality Test

fersailles

[

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-19 at 11.43.40 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-06-19 at 11.43.40 PM.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 85

fersailles

A point I forgot to add in - my least favorite thing in the world is when somebody tells me what to do or how to do something. It often makes me not do the thing, even if I was already planning to do it.