• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Analysis of my conflicting DDLI results.

Aleria

Um, well.
I've been taking the DDLI test yesterday (twice, to confirm), and it gave me those results:

...'s scores on the main set of questions:

Extraversion (E): 19 46 : (I) Introversion
Sensing (S): 0 90 : (N) iNtuition
Thinking (T): 40 16 : (F) Feeling
Judging (J): 8 60 : (P) Perceiving
You scored as an INTP.

Assuming that you are an INTP,
Your DOMINANT function is Introverted Thinking.
Your AUXILIARY function is Extraverted Intuition.
Your TERTIARY function is Introverted Sensing.
Your INFERIOR function is Extraverted Feeling.
Please bear in mind that the supplementary questions are experimental and
may be highly unreliable. If these scores conflict with your previous
scores, it is probably because the questions are still not reliable enough.

...'s scores on the supplementary questions:

Extraverted Thinking / Introverted Feeling : 43
Extraverted Feeling / Introverted Thinking : 33

Extraverted Intuition / Introverted Sensing : 31
Extraverted Sensing / Introverted Intuition : 17

Rationality (Dominant Judging Function) : 44
A-rationality (Dominant Perceiving Function) : 5

According to the supplementary scores, ... could be an ESTJ or an
INFP. These are opposite types, because the supplementary questions
measure for preferences that opposite types share in common. See the FAQ
for an explanation. These results conflict with the evaluation of ... as
an INTP.

Apparently, in the dichotomy based part of the test, I had a strong preference for T... by the way, in the functional analysis, I had an slight preference for Te/Fi, over Fe/Si. I guess I'm pretty balanced, people sometimes have a hard time telling me if I'm an idealist or rational type, although it's consistent that I tend to behave accordingly my intellectual/rational side more in a daily basis.

Enneagram results tend not to help too much either. I consistently score equally as 5 and 4, at last at tests I took until today, I identify more with 5, though, making me 5w4...

So, I'd like to have some help figuring out this... If you want to help, I'll be open to questions too.

Thank you all in advance!

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I wouldn't worry about the conflicting results too much since online tests aren't always accurate. Which type descriptions fit you the best? Also try reading Ti vs. Te descriptions, which fits you the best? You could try the same with Fi vs. Fe. I will warn you that some INTPs will identify more with Fi than Fe, probably because Fe is the INTPs inferior function.

Also how well does the INFP description fit you? Which description fits better, INTP or INFP?

Aleria

I wouldn't worry about the conflicting results too much since online tests aren't always accurate. Which type descriptions fit you the best? Also try reading Ti vs. Te descriptions, which fits you the best? You could try the same with Fi vs. Fe. I will warn you that some INTPs will identify more with Fi than Fe, probably because Fe is the INTPs inferior function.

Also how well does the INFP description fit you? Which description fits better, INTP or INFP?

The best description that fit me really well, like a glove, is that one, an INTP description: INTP Central

I can identify with some INFP descriptions but, to be sincere, some things I really can't relate regarding them. What, for example, involves my emotional/feeling side... I don't cope as well with it as INFPs are supposed to. And, I'm addicted to the use of logic, and I see that INFPs aren't too much worried about it. Like they use logic, but it isn't essential for them. I think it is very important to me, in a way that I can even feel annoyed when people are being illogical. I guess Fs are more tolerant about it.

What confuses me most is that I can understand people very well, but somehow I feel it's more based on Ti than Fi. Making a long story short, in my early teens I had a hard time understanding people, their emotions and motivations, sometimes hurting them or straining good relations because of it. So I started to read a lot about psychology to improve myself regarding it. Because of it, I think this understanding derives more from analysis and rationality than pure empathy (it exists, but in a less extent than it should if I was a pure F type. Even with that, till today I'm sometimes criticized for being oblivious about the emotional needs of others, distant, too tough, or being so sincere to the point of hurting people, when I express some opinions.

The INFP's characteristics I have are an artistic side and the close attention I pay to my personal values, but both can be applied to INTPs too, and are pretty shallow characteristics to define someone's type, I guess. Answering the other question, I identify far more with Ti than Te, my Te is very weak and more with Fi than Fe.

Last edited:

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=21139]Aleria[/MENTION]

Thanks for your response. I'd say INTP is most likely type for you.

yeghor

Um, well.
I've been taking the DDLI test yesterday (twice, to confirm), and it gave me those results:

Apparently, in the dichotomy based part of the test, I had a strong preference for T... by the way, in the functional analysis, I had an slight preference for Te/Fi, over Fe/Si. I guess I'm pretty balanced, people sometimes have a hard time telling me if I'm an idealist or rational type, although it's consistent that I tend to behave accordingly my intellectual/rational side more in a daily basis.

Enneagram results tend not to help too much either. I consistently score equally as 5 and 4, at last at tests I took until today, I identify more with 5, though, making me 5w4...

So, I'd like to have some help figuring out this... If you want to help, I'll be open to questions too.

Thank you all in advance!

Do you have the link to the DDLI test?

I've also found an old thread about the DDLI test: http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...sts/14992-accurate-free-online-mbti-test.html