User Tag List

Default Analysis of my conflicting DDLI results.

Um, well.
    I've been taking the DDLI test yesterday (twice, to confirm), and it gave me those results:

...'s scores on the main set of questions:

Extraversion (E): 19 46 : (I) Introversion
    Sensing (S): 0 90 : (N) iNtuition
    Thinking (T): 40 16 : (F) Feeling
    Judging (J): 8 60 : (P) Perceiving
    You scored as an INTP.

Assuming that you are an INTP,
    Your DOMINANT function is Introverted Thinking.
    Your AUXILIARY function is Extraverted Intuition.
    Your TERTIARY function is Introverted Sensing.
    Your INFERIOR function is Extraverted Feeling.
    Please bear in mind that the supplementary questions are experimental and
    may be highly unreliable. If these scores conflict with your previous
    scores, it is probably because the questions are still not reliable enough.

...'s scores on the supplementary questions:

Extraverted Thinking / Introverted Feeling : 43
    Extraverted Feeling / Introverted Thinking : 33

Extraverted Intuition / Introverted Sensing : 31
    Extraverted Sensing / Introverted Intuition : 17

Rationality (Dominant Judging Function) : 44
    A-rationality (Dominant Perceiving Function) : 5

According to the supplementary scores, ... could be an ESTJ or an
    INFP. These are opposite types, because the supplementary questions
    measure for preferences that opposite types share in common. See the FAQ
    for an explanation. These results conflict with the evaluation of ... as
    an INTP.
    Apparently, in the dichotomy based part of the test, I had a strong preference for T... by the way, in the functional analysis, I had an slight preference for Te/Fi, over Fe/Si. I guess I'm pretty balanced, people sometimes have a hard time telling me if I'm an idealist or rational type, although it's consistent that I tend to behave accordingly my intellectual/rational side more in a daily basis.

Enneagram results tend not to help too much either. I consistently score equally as 5 and 4, at last at tests I took until today, I identify more with 5, though, making me 5w4...

So, I'd like to have some help figuring out this... If you want to help, I'll be open to questions too.

Thank you all in advance!

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I wouldn't worry about the conflicting results too much since online tests aren't always accurate. Which type descriptions fit you the best? Also try reading Ti vs. Te descriptions, which fits you the best? You could try the same with Fi vs. Fe. I will warn you that some INTPs will identify more with Fi than Fe, probably because Fe is the INTPs inferior function.

Also how well does the INFP description fit you? Which description fits better, INTP or INFP?
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Such Irony View Post
    I wouldn't worry about the conflicting results too much since online tests aren't always accurate. Which type descriptions fit you the best? Also try reading Ti vs. Te descriptions, which fits you the best? You could try the same with Fi vs. Fe. I will warn you that some INTPs will identify more with Fi than Fe, probably because Fe is the INTPs inferior function.

Also how well does the INFP description fit you? Which description fits better, INTP or INFP?
    The best description that fit me really well, like a glove, is that one, an INTP description: INTP Central

I can identify with some INFP descriptions but, to be sincere, some things I really can't relate regarding them. What, for example, involves my emotional/feeling side... I don't cope as well with it as INFPs are supposed to. And, I'm addicted to the use of logic, and I see that INFPs aren't too much worried about it. Like they use logic, but it isn't essential for them. I think it is very important to me, in a way that I can even feel annoyed when people are being illogical. I guess Fs are more tolerant about it.

What confuses me most is that I can understand people very well, but somehow I feel it's more based on Ti than Fi. Making a long story short, in my early teens I had a hard time understanding people, their emotions and motivations, sometimes hurting them or straining good relations because of it. So I started to read a lot about psychology to improve myself regarding it. Because of it, I think this understanding derives more from analysis and rationality than pure empathy (it exists, but in a less extent than it should if I was a pure F type. Even with that, till today I'm sometimes criticized for being oblivious about the emotional needs of others, distant, too tough, or being so sincere to the point of hurting people, when I express some opinions.

The INFP's characteristics I have are an artistic side and the close attention I pay to my personal values, but both can be applied to INTPs too, and are pretty shallow characteristics to define someone's type, I guess. Answering the other question, I identify far more with Ti than Te, my Te is very weak and more with Fi than Fe.
    Last edited by Aleria; 06-21-2014 at 05:37 PM.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

@Aleria

Thanks for your response. I'd say INTP is most likely type for you.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Such Irony View Post
    @Aleria

Thanks for your response. I'd say INTP is most likely type for you.
    Thank you too, for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by Aleria View Post
    Um, well.
    I've been taking the DDLI test yesterday (twice, to confirm), and it gave me those results:

Apparently, in the dichotomy based part of the test, I had a strong preference for T... by the way, in the functional analysis, I had an slight preference for Te/Fi, over Fe/Si. I guess I'm pretty balanced, people sometimes have a hard time telling me if I'm an idealist or rational type, although it's consistent that I tend to behave accordingly my intellectual/rational side more in a daily basis.

Enneagram results tend not to help too much either. I consistently score equally as 5 and 4, at last at tests I took until today, I identify more with 5, though, making me 5w4...

So, I'd like to have some help figuring out this... If you want to help, I'll be open to questions too.

Thank you all in advance!
    Do you have the link to the DDLI test?

I've also found an old thread about the DDLI test: most accurate free online MBTI test?

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    Do you have the link to the DDLI test?

I've also found an old thread about the DDLI test: most accurate free online MBTI test?
    I downloaded it, the old DOS version... I can't remember the site right now, but it's pretty easy to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleria View Post
    I downloaded it, the old DOS version... I can't remember the site right now, but it's pretty easy to find.
    Didn't I think you to be an NF type?

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    Didn't I think you to be an NF type?
    Yes, at the moment I agreed but then I questioned it... see post number 3.

(I don't think INFPs would relate...)