0 0%
First 123 Last

Thread: ENTP vs INTJ

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

OP: I think you are an ambiverted NTP, but if you must have a full type, choose ENTP.

I am just not picking up J vibes from you.

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Enigma View Post
    Hmmm, interesting. I'll have to consider them at length, though. Meanwhile, I have an anecdote which might tell you about my Quadra preference.

A few days ago, my family organized a large social gathering, where almost everyone in their social circle was invited. Well, I sat alone in my bedroom, browsing the internet while the guests and my family regaled in the hall. Eventually, the kids and adolescents (about three or four) from the circle were sent to to my room. I was remotely inconvenienced by their intrusion but also somewhat relieved so I decided to optimize the situation by having a movie session. That was our group. We watched a movie. But what's interesting is how I behaved in the group. I suddenly assumed the role of the leader or the host and I also tried to make the guests enjoy the movie to the fullest by switching off the lights and manipulating the atmosphere to make it seem like we were in an actual cinema hall, get immersed. I was quite enthusiastic to get the opportunity to share my interests with them in such a way. Now, here's the interesting part. This is when I became cautious about letting other people join. I also wanted the people to understand the movie they were watching, not just watch it, if you know what I mean. I would get irritated whenever anyone would seem as if he wasn't interested in the movie and more interested in cracking jokes or eating. Of course, it wasn't their fault. Soon, one of the adult guests entered the room and asked us to join them in a sequence of party games and a rambunctious dance. I promptly denied the request. The others also hesitated, but they eventually left and that left me feeling somewhat furious. Why would anyone prefer playing silly games and dancing to watching an intriguing movie (it was The Usual Suspects, by the way, which explains why I particularly wanted them to understand the movie)? I could not understand. I was also looking forward to discussing the movie with them after its conclusion. Suffice to say, I was quite disappointed with humanity at that point, haha. And that's also one of my ways of getting to know people.
    As a matter of fact, every time I attend a social gathering, I just go to an isolated room and either search for interesting books to read or a computer with wi-fi. I also prefer having only a small group of people in the room. Discussions are more interesting. The bigger a group, the less the substance. It reminds me of a scientific phenomenon or theory but I cannot recall its name. If the social gathering is held outside, I'd rather play football or something. Now that I think about it, I would love to be involved in a group where we just keep playing football for quite a while. And when we're not in the mood for activity, time spent alone with like-minded people would be great. I specifically despise loud and boisterous groups where it's all about dancing, eating, superficial conversation and the like. Basically, the quintessential party.
    1. Who the fuck leaves for the Usual Suspects? That movie is great.

2. Your story is indicative of Super-Id Block and . Si-Fe mechanisms are aimed at making the environment comfortable and promoting a positive emotional atmosphere (when +). Specifically, your (or less likely , it's still possible for you to be LII) was inflating to assume a position of confidence (which is why Gainan called it the "Pathetic" hidden agenda, because it is a weak function going overboard with inflating to seem strong and heroic) and leadership, to organize the environment to make it comfortable.

3. This is the mantra of Alpha Quadra. Pleasant/Comfortable Surroundings and Environment, a Positive and Productive emotional atmosphere, all the while learning and understanding new things for the sake of learning and understanding new things.

4. You are probably an ILE.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    1. Who the fuck leaves for the Usual Suspects? That movie is great.

2. Your story is indicative of Super-Id Block and . Si-Fe mechanisms are aimed at making the environment comfortable and promoting a positive emotional atmosphere (when +). Specifically, your (or less likely , it's still possible for you to be LII) was inflating to assume a position of confidence (which is why Gainan called it the "Pathetic" hidden agenda, because it is a weak function going overboard with inflating to seem strong and heroic) and leadership, to organize the environment to make it comfortable.

3. This is the mantra of Alpha Quadra. Pleasant/Comfortable Surroundings and Environment, a Positive and Productive emotional atmosphere, all the while learning and understanding new things for the sake of learning and understanding new things.

4. You are probably an ILE.
    One of the guests actually suggested we watch some animated movie instead. I think it was about airplanes and produced by the same guy responsible for Cars. Ludicrous.

Hmmm... I guess I had no reason to succumb to indecision after all. So, ILE it is! Probably a Ti-subtype.

So, my dual is an ISFJ. This is actually quite interesting because I think I have found my dual. Our interactions perfectly encapsulates the nature of a dual relationship. I had also considered ESFJ as a possibility for her. And yet, she is so different from my mother, who's more of a stereotypical ESFJ. My relationship with my mother is quite capricious. How drastic can the differences be among the same type? Let's compare Fe-ESFJ and Si-ESFJ just for the sake of it.

Ah, just ignore that passage. I lost my mind for a minute there.

So, what surprises me is that my dual is introverted. And yet, the girl whom I consider to be my dual is a gazillion times more extroverted than me. Probably an Fe-ISFJ in that case. What do you think?

EDIT - Of course, I might be an LII-Ne but considering my relationship with my mother, it seems less likely. But then again, here's where the distinction between the Fe and Si subtypes might arise.

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Enigma View Post
    One of the guests actually suggested we watch some animated movie instead. I think it was about airplanes and produced by the same guy responsible for Cars. Ludicrous.

Hmmm... I guess I had no reason to succumb to indecision after all. So, ILE it is! Probably a Ti-subtype.

So, my dual is an ISFJ. This is actually quite interesting because I think I have found my dual. Our interactions perfectly encapsulates the nature of a dual relationship. I had also considered ESFJ as a possibility for her. And yet, she is so different from my mother, who's more of a stereotypical ESFJ. My relationship with my mother is quite capricious. How drastic can the differences be among the same type? Let's compare Fe-ESFJ and Si-ESFJ just for the sake of it.

Ah, just ignore that passage. I lost my mind for a minute there.

So, what surprises me is that my dual is introverted. And yet, the girl whom I consider to be my dual is a gazillion times more extroverted than me. Probably an Fe-ISFJ in that case. What do you think?
    It is feasible to have a socially outgoing Intratim, but it is usually not the case. In the event of an Intratim becoming social, the only thing that changes is the amount of information shared and relayed through Producing Functions (Creative, Vulnerable, Mobilizing, Demonstrative), so an ISFp being excessively social will just reveal more information through more , which should still draw you in (since as an ENTp, your suggestive function wants even more information and perspective to support your lead)

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    It is feasible to have a socially outgoing Intratim, but it is usually not the case. In the event of an Intratim becoming social, the only thing that changes is the amount of information shared and relayed through Producing Functions (Creative, Vulnerable, Mobilizing, Demonstrative), so an ISFp being excessively social will just reveal more information through more , which should still draw you in (since as an ENTp, your suggestive function wants even more information and perspective to support your lead)
    Interesting. And now that I reflected more on my relationship with her, it turns out that she isn't as extroverted as she superficially seems. In fact, she has mentioned that she finds it better to relax at home and watch her favorite TV shows. I also get the vibe that socialization (which, I think, has more to do with Fe than extroversion) does not really energize her as much as it does to my mother (she genuinely keeps meeting people all day long, for the most part I might as well be home alone). Basically, she's much more outgoing than me because of Fe. Conclusion, she's an ISFp-Fe.

Well, to put today (or rather yesterday, because it's 1 AM here) in perspective, it's been a great day. I figured out my type and also identified my dual. Classic scenario of hitting two birds with one stone. Thanks for your assistance!

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    If you wear glasses you are an INTJ, if not, you are an ENTP.
    Yes, exactly.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Yes, exactly.
    lol what?

ENTS are nerds, the difference between them and IN types is that they are proud of it and tend to be popular

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    lol what?

ENTS are nerds, the difference between them and IN types is that they are proud of it and tend to be popular
    You may be right. I read the comment as kind of a joke, and was just playing along.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

ndovjtjcaqidthi

ENTP 4w5? lol

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    I think being cheerful and having a goofy smile most of the time would also point towards ENTP whereas going about business with a seemingly paralyzed face with little mimickry would point towards INTJ as well.