• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type My Friend!

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
I think he's an INTP, but I may be wrong. Since I cannot really say what's going on inside his head, I'll just talk about his eccentricities and how he interacts with people. I'll call him Delta (because that sounds cool).

Facebook Snippets

Random Girl - Let's go Argentina :D Messi 3> #FifaWorldCup2014 #awesome #love
Delta - So, after July, will you latch on to something else that's considered cool? I'm surprised you didn't go to Brazil just to take a selfie.
Random Girl - Dude, wtf you talking about?
Delta - Sorry, I should have realized that was out of your range of comprehension.

Later, when I asked him about it, he told me that he found people like her who just adapt to whatever's mainstream in order to generate a favorable image despicable. "All they care about is Ronaldo or Messi. It's a slap in the face to football fans like me."

His sense of humor is quite cryptic. I've observed that he tends to exploit patterns or give alternative perceptions of things. He can make conspiracy theories out of anything. For example, this status was posted back in August, when Ben Affleck was announced as the new Batman and Bale was getting transferred to Real Madrid.

"Considering the recent attempts to procure a certain Tottenham professional footballer and an actor known for his mainstream portrayal of Batman, it seems that changing your last name to 'Bale' guarantees you a great amount of cash."

"Occasionally, I wonder whether the the world that I perceive is an elaborately fabricated environment, similar to the Matrix. For all I know, all the living organisms in this world might be artificial, precisely and cleverly designed so as to seem authentic. The surroundings are constantly being manipulated in accordance with my thoughts, beliefs and perspectives. What I perceive is actually a complex synthetic creation; I may be trapped inside my own realistic dream, and in actuality am being scrutinized by a secret council of sophisticated government scientists as a test subject, who themselves are counterfeits and plan to...
I've been drinking an excess of Red Bull."

(comment on a political debate) "With global stupidity increasing like crazy (I'm looking at you, selfie), I think democracy might be losing its touch"

Characteristics
- He's quite eccentric, infact he often talks about how he's glad he's an eccentric because that makes him unique and "normal is boring"
- He loves playing sports, even though he's horrible at them (sometime, he can be surprisingly food thought); he also tends to do a lot of research on his favorite sports and keeps mentioning past tournaments and random statistics
- He is passive to a fault, he can also come up with extraordinary explanations for his laziness, like this one incident where in high school we were supposed to move the furniture back to make space, he did nothing and when I asked him about it, he said, "Why retreat when you can remain in the front? Life is about progressing"; I also asked him one day why he does not retaliate whenever someone insults him and he said, "Meh, that's pointless, it's not like I'm offended and fights only lead to hurt egos or go nowhere... and anyway, I'm too lazy"
- Even though he doesn't show it, he cares about what people think of him (at least what I think, he keeps asking how other people see him)
- He can also sometimes get a little too fixated on his appearance
- He is more often than not wearing a mask, I can see that, it's like he adapts to different situations (even though he hates it, it's more like he adapts to his idea of how he should behave more than the environment, though); he also likes the 'idea' of acting (he can't act at all, though, he can barely smile for pictures) because it gives him the opportunity to adopt masquerades
- He has a monotonous voice, not sure if this is relevant
- He can go from being reclusive and deadpan to bubbly and enthusiastic, he thinks he has the Bipolar Disorder
- Horrible procrastinator
- Grammar Nazi (terrible one, though he's moderated now)
- He once even told me that sometimes he can't help noticing flaws in people
- His sarcasm tends to get him into trouble (he once posted a status where he asked if anyone was coming to school tomorrow, one guy commented that he wasn't and Delta responded with, "Wow, that was incredibly helpful")
- He never speaks in absolutes ("I suppose", "I think", "Perhaps", "Maybe", "Seems like it", "Probably", "That's possible")
- He despises physical motivation (loud speeches, threats, violence, scoldings), in fact it rather demotivates him
- In association with the above one, his best way of dealing with conflict is to have it discussed and rationalized peacefully, which is also in relation to his tendency to withdraw from fights
- His depression basically follows a pattern where he starts believing that no one likes (or cares about) him and that he will always be a lone drop in the rain (again, this is contradictory to his usual behavior)
- He's not really that nostalgic (although, he does occasionally talk about how much better the old days used to be, mostly when we're in a messed up situation) but he has an excellent memory for dates (when something happened) and random events, his short term memory is hilariously terrible though
- He can become a psychopath in the football field, usually he's calm and composed but when he starts doing sensory stuff like football... he actually told me that he hates being the goalkeeper because he hates just standing on one spot and doing nothing

Caw the rooks

MBTI Type
ENTP
In general I am adverse to typing strangers, especially across the internet, because I feel it should be used by the person themselves, rather than someone else typing for them. This is due to the amount of rationalizing that one can do to fit with a certain type or cognitive function. I could make a case for a wide variety of types, you see, simply by giving different interpretations of this text.

But you have no replies and I suppose a little hint from me is better than none. He may be an xNTP, and my first impression makes for a 3w4, with Soc dominant instinct. Perhaps you can verify if this seems accurate?

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
In general I am adverse to typing strangers, especially across the internet, because I feel it should be used by the person themselves, rather than someone else typing for them. This is due to the amount of rationalizing that one can do to fit with a certain type or cognitive function. I could make a case for a wide variety of types, you see, simply by giving different interpretations of this text.

But you have no replies and I suppose a little hint from me is better than none. He may be an xNTP, and my first impression makes for a 3w4, with Soc dominant instinct. Perhaps you can verify if this seems accurate?

Interesting. I actually thought he is a cold INFJ. What made you think of xNTP? And why that Enneagram? I'm new to that stuff, although I think I might be a 7.

Perhaps I can ask him to do a questionnaire... he hates doing them, though. He says that questions alone cannot capture someone's personality.

Caw the rooks

MBTI Type
ENTP
Interesting. I actually thought he is a cold INFJ. What made you think of xNTP? And why that Enneagram? I'm new to that stuff, although I think I might be a 7.

Perhaps I can ask him to do a questionnaire... he hates doing them, though. He says that questions alone cannot capture someone's personality.

This is the worst way to type somebody, but I'm simply getting the idea that it's extroverted rather than introverted intuition. He never speaks in absolutes for instance. Just the quotes... the characteristics... sounds like an ENTP. He does not sound like an INFJ at all really. What qualities does he have that make you think that? Because whatever it is, it doesn't show in what you have written so far.

I have to be honest, I don't know what lead me to E3. It was something, now I can't remember. It may even have been an absent-minded conclusion with nothing substantial in particular bringing me towards it. You say he is passive, well, 9s are known for passiveness, as well as laziness, whether that alone makes the case viable I don't know. Soc-dominant, definitely, that's the sort of stuff that he worries about isn't it?

Remember, the neuroses pretty much make the Enneagram... so maybe have a think what neurosis he probably has. It probably shows up on the outside from time to time. So you have anger & perfectionism ( Type 1), pride & histrionic (2), vanity & inauthenticity (3), envy & depressive-masochistic (4), avarice & pathological detachment (5), cowardice & paranoia (6), gluttony & narcissism (7), lust & sadism (8), and intertia & over-adjusted disposition (9).

Your friend's right btw. :D

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
He comes off as a withdrawn misanthrope, I'd type him as INTP 5w6 . I think you had it right the first time. His focus on appearance is more due to paranoia than vanity.

- He's not really that nostalgic (although, he does occasionally talk about how much better the old days used to be, mostly when we're in a messed up situation) but he has an excellent memory for dates (when something happened) and random events, his short term memory is hilariously terrible though

If he doesn't frequently bring up nostalgic topics, it doesn't mean he's not nostalgic, it may be because he's not comfortable talking about his feelings.