• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Let's get this over with.

What is my type?

• INFJ

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • INTJ

Votes: 11 84.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Sounds to me like you're a well-socialized introvert. I had a "crew" for a few years, but we didn't frequent frat parties like some of the more extroverted did. Also, I think a good barometer is your ability to continually like stimuli. Why? Inferior Se tends not to like bombardment for too long. When I am in concentration mode, I don't like a lot of light, TV, music, etc.

This was very different than my INTP friend, even though he was a strong introvert as well. He in a way "needed" the enviornment to supply him with ideas, often saying things like "purely reading a book is so boring" and opting more for group studies. I was the opposite, if there was a lot going on in the classroom or group, my attention just felt like it was being torn in too many directions.

Therefore, for me, group studies were a hindrance unless I already knew the material to my own standard (which is pretty high--almost cripplingly so at times). I just don't come up with random yet usable ideas as an Ne dom or secondary. So when they would throw the tangents, I just feel "slow." "What if this did that, and this doesn't really matter," like hypothetical tangents were often met with me saying, "Umm, the test is in 3 days, guys."

However, alone, just with a book, I could somehow ensure my understanding to a high enough degree to be #1 or #2 in 80% of my classes. This especially applies to when I attempt to write for people. I ask them to quickly tell me what they want to convey and then be quiet. If they continue to talk, the words don't flow as easily at all.

Believe it or not, I hardly ever read books anymore, and generally do far less than the recommended amount of study (which infuriates my SJ parents who are both high achievers/workers), but have an A- average. I prefer surfing the net :D But if I could d anything, I would be going out into the world traveling. My current commitments make this difficult, but I really enjoyed going on trips with my parents. I remember going to Greece in 2006 and Northern Italy in 2009. Outside my pre teen years when I wasn't bullied viciously, these were the best times I can remember. Though I process information in a very stereotypically Ni way, as people here may have noticed I make decisions and judgements quickly, and do so even more offline...this really upsets my mum (ESFJ) in particular who says I rush into things and make bad decisions. Sometimes I do, but I only make the same mistake once.

I love music (I'm an amateur composer and musician), however I can dream up ideas at any time though they sometimes come randomly (stereotypical Ni), and don't mind bright light as long as it's natural. But I can't stand the flashing artificial lights people have at parties, I hate them - they're one of the main reasons I don't go. Besides I'm a bit fussy about music. I prefer Beethoven to rap "artists"...

Elocute

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Believe it or not, I hardly ever read books anymore, and generally do far less than the recommended amount of study (which infuriates my SJ parents who are both high achievers/workers), but have an A- average. I prefer surfing the net :D But if I could d anything, I would be going out into the world traveling. My current commitments make this difficult, but I really enjoyed going on trips with my parents. I remember going to Greece in 2006 and Northern Italy in 2009. Outside my pre teen years when I wasn't bullied viciously, these were the best times I can remember. Though I process information in a very stereotypically Ni way, as people here may have noticed I make decisions and judgements quickly, and do so even more offline...this really upsets my mum (ESFJ) in particular who says I rush into things and make bad decisions. Sometimes I do, but I only make the same mistake once.

I love music (I'm an amateur composer and musician), however I can dream up ideas at any time though they sometimes come randomly (stereotypical Ni), and don't mind bright light as long as it's natural. But I can't stand the flashing artificial lights people have at parties, I hate them - they're one of the main reasons I don't go. Besides I'm a bit fussy about music. I prefer Beethoven to rap "artists"...

Yeah there's some of what I do that's likely due to the household I was grew up it (as would be the same with you). It wasn't stable and consisted of a lot of yelling, so I'd run into the bathroom and read for hours while they argued. I think that's more of an individual trait.

I like music. I'm an amateur singer myself, and a lot of my idols cross genres, from R&B to opera. I particurlarly love the operatic tenor way of hitting big notes; it's full, resonant, and without strain. A good deal of pop male singers kind of use their nasal cavities too much to amplify the sound, giving them a squirley timbre.

I make decisions without much consultation, too, but I take a long time to examine whether the central goal is met. I changed career paths from wanting a PhD in Physical Chemistry to programming because the previous field is too theortheical and not very practical for jobs outside of academia.

Although, I think it's common for young people (early 20s) to be a bit precarious. By the way, you show a lot of compartmentalizing in your posts, which I believe is Te related. I think INTJ is right for you :)

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Yeah there's some of what I do that's likely due to the household I was grew up it (as would be the same with you). It wasn't stable and consisted of a lot of yelling, so I'd run into the bathroom and read for hours while they argued. I think that's more of an individual trait.

My parents were (and still are) stable in their marriage, and they never bullied me - it was more emotional isolation and their lack of effort to understand me as a person as opposed to what they would like me to be (an ISTJ, probably). They were never proactive enough in dealing with the treatment I received at school, either.

I like music. I'm an amateur singer myself, and a lot of my idols cross genres, from R&B to opera. I particurlarly love the operatic tenor way of hitting big notes; it's full, resonant, and without strain. A good deal of pop male singers kind of use their nasal cavities too much to amplify the sound, giving them a squirley timbre.

I make decisions without much consultation, too, but I take a long time to examine whether the central goal is met. I changed career paths from wanting a PhD in Physical Chemistry to programming because the previous field is too theortheical and not very practical for jobs outside of academia.

Although, I think it's common for young people (early 20s) to be a bit precarious. By the way, you show a lot of compartmentalizing in your posts, which I believe is Te related. I think INTJ is right for you :)

Awesome! One of the things that has irritated me about online INTJ personality profiles is how they paint INTJs as exclusively scientific. Any type can be musical. Granted, Si helps a lot, but it isn't an exclusive thing. I have to call it; you really do sound a lot like me in your habits, decisions and personality generally.

Yeah, I have a tendency to classify and summarize. That's a Te thing.

wildflower

you definitely don't strike me as an infj. not sure about intj, i could see you possibly being istj with your strong need for security. are you more focused on the present & the past or the future? are you a dreamer? are you traditional or do you have ideas that are far out there? are you more concrete or abstract in your thinking? in your body or your head?

i'm not sure about an intj being unsure of his type and consulting others. since you're young i guess that's possible but probably not if you were a few years older. i could also see you maybe being entj. mostly i'm getting an SJ vibe from you so far.

Elocute

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
you definitely don't strike me as an infj. not sure about intj, i could see you possibly being istj with your strong need for security. are you more focused on the present & the past or the future? are you a dreamer? are you traditional or do you have ideas that are far out there? are you more concrete or abstract in your thinking? in your body or your head?

i'm not sure about an intj being unsure of his type and consulting others. since you're young i guess that's possible but probably not if you were a few years older. i could also see you maybe being entj. mostly i'm getting an SJ vibe from you so far.

I'm not a seasoned typist, but this really fundamentally goes against function order and preference for IXTJs in general. Ni and Si are experiential functions, and both draw from the past and future. The future, to Ni-doms, seems to be more of a focus and a source of relief in contemplating. Si, with inferior Ne, is sort of the opposite. An INTJ consulting others to ensure logical consistency is by very core Te. Te/Se are reality based and anchor Ni to actually get closure. I'd actually say an INTP would be less doubtful as logic is determined internally, with mainly permuted ideas from the enviornment (Ne). Notice also the dominance of INXP types on these types of forums that seem pretty sure as to never really ask others to question it.There are type 6 and even 5w6 INTJs with a greater focus on Te/Se, giving them the illusion at least up front of certainty when they may be still battling the truth of the matter by researching and consulting (Ni-concept followed by Te-refinement).

Alea_iacta_est

I'm not a seasoned typist, but this really fundamentally goes against function order and preference for IXTJs in general. Ni and Si are experiential functions, and both draw from the past and future. The future, to Ni-doms, seems to be more of a focus and a source of relief in contemplating. Si, with inferior Ne, is sort of the opposite. An INTJ consulting others to ensure logical consistency is by very core Te. Te/Se are reality based and anchor Ni to actually get closure. I'd actually say an INTP would be less doubtful as logic is determined internally, with mainly permuted ideas from the enviornment (Ne). Notice also the dominance of INXP types on these types of forums that seem pretty sure as to never really ask others to question it.There are type 6 and even 5w6 INTJs with a greater focus on Te/Se, giving them the illusion at least up front of certainty when they may be still battling the truth of the matter by researching and consulting (Ni-concept followed by Te-refinement).

+1

INTJs work by gathering information and interpreting it or transforming it. The more opinions/evidence available, the more likely to generate insights into what is really going on or what really is. Though Fi can be staunchly resolute about these sort of things as well.