User Tag List

View Poll Results: What's my type?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • ISTJ

    0 0%
  • ISFJ

    0 0%
  • ESTJ

    0 0%
  • ESFJ

    0 0%
  • ISTP

    0 0%
  • ISFP

    0 0%
  • ESTP

    0 0%
  • ESFP

    0 0%
  • INTJ

    0 0%
  • INFJ

    0 0%
  • ENTJ

    0 0%
  • ENFJ

    0 0%
  • INTP

    0 0%
  • INFP

    0 0%
  • ENTP

    0 0%
  • ENFP

    0 0%

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Type me please

  1. #1

    Default Type me please

    0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

    No nothing would affect it
    19 year old male

    1. Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/sunip/13947540296/

    I would describe it as majestic spiritual grand cultured awesome

    2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favorite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

    Initial thoughts " aw crap not we are going to miss the concert" along those lines

    outward reaction " probably joke about it with other people and try to help

    3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

    don't really like parties but their the driver I migh try to convice them to abandon the plan but if that fails call up to see whether I can get a lift home

    4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

    Inward reaction " Thinking up ways that their argument can be disproved "

    outward reaction " disproving using the things I thought up "

    5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

    " if I know the person and can stop it I will try to "
    but will most probably go on a rant about it if it is some macro political decision that I can't influence to people i know

    6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

    I probably believe is the most important values are things such as freedom of speech , Freedom of thought that kind of thing I came about determining them by just thinking about how you can't make exceptions in this rule otherwise you fail to uphold the whole system as too many people are either silenced by society or by actual governments they may change is someone is getting hurt by these values such as someone making death threats

    7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

    I don't really know what distinguishes me from everybody else because any idea you or personality trait you have there probably another millions of people who had just the same thought if I was to change one thing about me it would probably be to make it so that I can focus more on task I tend to get distracted when studying and end up trying to find out what happened in 1823 in Angola on Wikipedia when I meant to be researching something more important

    8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

    I often follow if I don't have time to think them through like it a lightning round in a quiz for example my intuition is usually right if allowed to think about it about 50% of the time i will follow my gut feeling

    9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

    I am probably energised mostly by things such as debate due to the fact it allows me to take apart ideas and get to the bottom of what a other person its thinking also it allows me to test my own ideas and may be a springboard for other ideas that will occur later thing that don't energise me are things where I am expected to talk about boring stuff at an event like a party where people only talk about gossip and that kind of thing

    10. What do you repress about your outward behaviour

    I probably repress my sensitivity due to the fact I am quite sensitive to criticism and things in films and TV may make me cry but i don't like people to know this

  2. #2
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    I'll place a solid bet on ENxP.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    I'll place a solid bet on ENxP.
    What makes you say that and anything that may indicate ENTP vs ENFP ?

  4. #4
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Witty account name View Post
    What makes you say that and anything that may indicate ENTP vs ENFP ?
    Your answers point to an Ne line of operation.

    4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

    Inward reaction " Thinking up ways that their argument can be disproved "

    outward reaction " disproving using the things I thought up "
    While obviously everyone thinks up ways to disprove others' arguments, its specific connotation here is indicative of attempting to perceive not one main flaw but multiple flaws with another's argument. This implies that you are weighing several approaches (of equal or near equal worth) to criticizing a viewpoint instead of gravitating toward one via subjective worth of an argument (akin more to Pi), and specifically you are weighing approaches in a conceptual plain, where there is no focus on the immediate standards of the environment and how they might be "fixed" with the right approach (looking at the opposing opinion through its immediate face value) but focusing on the conceptual undertones of the argument, actually grasping the ulterior problem from which the argument is based and analyzing it for contradictions, possible solutions, and possible arguments/counterarguments.

    I am probably energised mostly by things such as debate due to the fact it allows me to take apart ideas and get to the bottom of what a other person its thinking also it allows me to test my own ideas and may be a springboard for other ideas that will occur later thing that don't energise me are things where I am expected to talk about boring stuff at an event like a party where people only talk about gossip and that kind of thing
    Aux Ji, Ji is used as a sort of "slave" for the dominant perspective of Ne. Ji's only use particularly in the ENxP is to analyze ideas and possibilities for ethical or logical understanding or frameworks. The analyses of Ji are only used to complement the dominant perspective of Ne, with its focus on possibility exploration and objective weighing of plausible routes. In this case, you are using the Ji analyses as a medium to reach the ulterior goal of understanding the other's perspective.

    These are just two examples I saw in particular.

    If I were held at gunpoint, I would say ENTP is your type, primarily because "picking things apart" is slightly more indicative of Ti than Fi (as Ti users would probably recognize it as picking things apart and dissecting ideas whereas Fi users would probably recognize it as evaluating or judging ideas on a moral or even ethical basis, either way it is still analysis). That, and ENTPs are typically (though not always) more fond of debate than ENFPs.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Your answers point to an Ne line of operation.



    While obviously everyone thinks up ways to disprove others' arguments, its specific connotation here is indicative of attempting to perceive not one main flaw but multiple flaws with another's argument. This implies that you are weighing several approaches (of equal or near equal worth) to criticizing a viewpoint instead of gravitating toward one via subjective worth of an argument (akin more to Pi), and specifically you are weighing approaches in a conceptual plain, where there is no focus on the immediate standards of the environment and how they might be "fixed" with the right approach (looking at the opposing opinion through its immediate face value) but focusing on the conceptual undertones of the argument, actually grasping the ulterior problem from which the argument is based and analyzing it for contradictions, possible solutions, and possible arguments/counterarguments.



    Aux Ji, Ji is used as a sort of "slave" for the dominant perspective of Ne. Ji's only use particularly in the ENxP is to analyze ideas and possibilities for ethical or logical understanding or frameworks. The analyses of Ji are only used to complement the dominant perspective of Ne, with its focus on possibility exploration and objective weighing of plausible routes. In this case, you are using the Ji analyses as a medium to reach the ulterior goal of understanding the other's perspective.

    These are just two examples I saw in particular.

    If I were held at gunpoint, I would say ENTP is your type, primarily because "picking things apart" is slightly more indicative of Ti than Fi (as Ti users would probably recognize it as picking things apart and dissecting ideas whereas Fi users would probably recognize it as evaluating or judging ideas on a moral or even ethical basis, either way it is still analysis). That, and ENTPs are typically (though not always) more fond of debate than ENFPs.
    Thanks for the quick reply

  6. #6
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Witty account name View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply
    No problem.

    Some ways to distinguish the ENFP and the ENTP would be looking at the function that comes most difficult to them, known as the Trickster Function in the Beebe Model, the Point of Least Resistance in Socionics, and the Shadow Tertiary in JCF.

    For the ENTP, this is Introverted Feeling, meaning that ENTPs are predisposed to being rather amoral, basing any kind of morality on a logical or objective approach (Ti > Fi) than any actual internal moral compass. Instead, ENTPs are more apt to taking on the morality and ethics of society than crafting their own personal agenda (Fe > Fi), which is still subordinate to the logical approach (Ti > Fe).

    For the ENFP, this is Introverted Thinking, meaning that ENFPs are predisposed to being rather clueless of logical constructs devised from rationalization without empirical evidence (Fi > Ti; Te > Ti), usually leading to confusion with knowledge such as a priori frameworks (that which can be logically deduced without outside evidence).

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    No problem.

    Some ways to distinguish the ENFP and the ENTP would be looking at the function that comes most difficult to them, known as the Trickster Function in the Beebe Model, the Point of Least Resistance in Socionics, and the Shadow Tertiary in JCF.

    For the ENTP, this is Introverted Feeling, meaning that ENTPs are predisposed to being rather amoral, basing any kind of morality on a logical or objective approach (Ti > Fi) than any actual internal moral compass. Instead, ENTPs are more apt to taking on the morality and ethics of society than crafting their own personal agenda (Fe > Fi), which is still subordinate to the logical approach (Ti > Fe).

    For the ENFP, this is Introverted Thinking, meaning that ENFPs are predisposed to being rather clueless of logical constructs devised from rationalization without empirical evidence (Fi > Ti; Te > Ti), usually leading to confusion with knowledge such as a priori frameworks (that which can be logically deduced without outside evidence).
    How do you determine whether or not you are using a logical or objective approach because everyone tends to think they are being logical?

  8. #8
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Witty account name View Post
    How do you determine whether or not you are using a logical or objective approach because everyone tends to think they are being logical?
    Everyone does believe they are being logical, but ENTPs in relation to Fi will come off as cold-blooded and will purposely base their morality on not what is right ethically but what is right objectively.

    A murderer, for instance, might be punished by an Fi-valuer with an equal fate because of the wrong they have done (and this is seen as logical, which it is, in a way), but might be punished by an ExTP Fi PoLR with an equal fate so that they don't kill any more people (not because the murderer has done something wrong, but the objective fact that this man has a high probability of committing another heinous crime since he has already committed murder). The ExTP seeks to systematize morality and logically decipher it so that it can be measured objectively and applied, rather than actually relying on a sense of morality, ignoring it in favor of remaining unbiased and impartial.

    Of course, this is merely an example and does not account for individual variation in types. It only serves to illustrate the point.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Everyone does believe they are being logical, but ENTPs in relation to Fi will come off as cold-blooded and will purposely base their morality on not what is right ethically but what is right objectively.

    A murderer, for instance, might be punished by an Fi-valuer with an equal fate because of the wrong they have done (and this is seen as logical, which it is, in a way), but might be punished by an ExTP Fi PoLR with an equal fate so that they don't kill any more people (not because the murderer has done something wrong, but the objective fact that this man has a high probability of committing another heinous crime since he has already committed murder). The ExTP seeks to systematize morality and logically decipher it so that it can be measured objectively and applied, rather than actually relying on a sense of morality, ignoring it in favor of remaining unbiased and impartial.

    Of course, this is merely an example and does not account for individual variation in types. It only serves to illustrate the point.
    OK thanks for that explanation it helps a lot although in that example I am probably closer to the Fi user

  10. #10

    Default

    Does anyone else have any good examples of how to differentiate between ENTP and ENFP?

Similar Threads

  1. Type me, please?
    By mellanae in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 172
    Last Post: 08-30-2010, 05:18 PM
  2. Sooner than Later- help type me please?
    By ShadowPage in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-12-2009, 10:59 PM
  3. Try to type me, please.
    By Haphazard in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: 04-10-2009, 10:20 AM
  4. Type me please?
    By /DG/ in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 03-25-2009, 09:47 PM
  5. Help type me please
    By NewEra in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 01-02-2009, 03:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO