• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me (revised second edition)

intpinfp

3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?

I'm lazy, imaginative, logical, despise boring stuff more than anything else in the world, people annoy me very much and I don't get them in the slightest, I'm very absent-minded and I can get so wrapped up in my thoughts I not only lose track of time but I completely forget about anything else like my surroundings or an appointment or my house burning down, I have a huge problem with procrastination and I always cram for exams two days before and get 70% when I could have easily gotten a perfect score if I could have forced myself to study a bit during the semester, I hate drama and conflicts and go to great lengths to avoid them because they seem pointless, I'm very innapropriate and awkward in social situations, I can make a great first impression but then it all goes downhill because I can't pretend forever, I love logical debates,science and art, I dread cheap humor,loud crowds,intense traffic and standing very still, although I like science I'm only interested in particular science branches such as neuroscience,psychiatry,cosmology,molecular biology and genetics, Dr.House and I share the same principles,beliefs and many personality traits except I'm not brilliant and I can't behave like that in public or I'd be stoned to death, I have crippling self-esteem issues but somehow I still think I'm better than most people I know personally, I'm not quick to make judgements about people and I'm not judgemental in general, I'm very open-minded and individualistic, I can easily see the principles or reasons behind actions but I can't see through people's words or the way they say something ( some people can easily know if others are good or bad just by looking at them, I have to talk to the person for years and study their actions until I realize that), I'm a grammar Nazi (not that I hate gramatical mistakes per se but I always notice them and if I'm reading a textbook and finding mistakes I'm going to focus on the mistakes a lot and correct them in my head as I go and that drastically lowers my productivity)

4. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?

I would like to be powerful,brilliant and self-reliant at all times because I highly value independence(self-reliable),intelligence(brilliant) and making a difference in the world(powerful).I wish I would be able to do what I'm truly passionate about and not what I ended up doing (self-explanatory). I want to be the person that when it's time to go says "what the flying fuck I haven't even invented the time machine 5s yet".

I neither want to be a vacuous,close-minded,orange,loud type of person nor the proud owner of factory line thoughts.

5. Do you think there are any differences to how you describe yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?

Of course there are but isn't it kind of obvious that people around you see you differently than you see yourself and that to each human you are a slightly different person than to the other? We filter all the information received through ourselves first so we as humans can never be perfectly objective. People see what they want to see most of the time which 9 out of 10 is innacurate information.

6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the Value Test and post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2.

Value Test results:

1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

I'm a 20 years old hella depressed female human.

2. Study these two images here and here. Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?

I don't particularly like either of those photos but if I have to choose it would be the first one because it's a picture I can create a thousand stories about.I like the aurora borealis(although this one is not that impressive).The photographer must have been in some northern country like Finland or Norway or Sweden.

3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?

I'm lazy, imaginative, logical, despise boring stuff more than anything else in the world, people annoy me very much and I don't get them in the slightest, I'm very absent-minded and I can get so wrapped up in my thoughts I not only lose track of time but I completely forget about anything else like my surroundings or an appointment or my house burning down, I have a huge problem with procrastination and I always cram for exams two days before and get 70% when I could have easily gotten a perfect score if I could have forced myself to study a bit during the semester, I hate drama and conflicts and go to great lengths to avoid them because they seem pointless, I'm very innapropriate and awkward in social situations, I can make a great first impression but then it all goes downhill because I can't pretend forever, I love logical debates,science and art, I dread cheap humor,loud crowds,intense traffic and standing very still, although I like science I'm only interested in particular science branches such as neuroscience,psychiatry,cosmology,molecular biology and genetics, Dr.House and I share the same principles,beliefs and many personality traits except I'm not brilliant and I can't behave like that in public or I'd be stoned to death, I have crippling self-esteem issues but somehow I still think I'm better than most people I know personally, I'm not quick to make judgements about people and I'm not judgemental in general, I'm very open-minded and individualistic, I can easily see the principles or reasons behind actions but I can't see through people's words or the way they say something ( some people can easily know if others are good or bad just by looking at them, I have to talk to the person for years and study their actions until I realize that), I'm a grammar Nazi (not that I hate gramatical mistakes per se but I always notice them and if I'm reading a textbook and finding mistakes I'm going to focus on the mistakes a lot and correct them in my head as I go and that drastically lowers my productivity).

4. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?

I would like to be powerful,brilliant and self-reliant at all times because I highly value independence(self-reliable),intelligence(brilliant) and making a difference in the world(powerful).I wish I would be able to do what I'm truly passionate about and not what I ended up doing (self-explanatory). I want to be the person that when it's time to go says "what the flying fuck I haven't even invented the time machine 5s yet".

I neither want to be a vacuous,close-minded,orange,loud type of person nor the proud owner of factory line thoughts.

5. Do you think there are any differences to how you describe yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?

Of course there are but isn't it kind of obvious that people around you see you differently than you see yourself and that to each human you are a slightly different person than to the other? We filter all the information received through ourselves first so we as humans can never be perfectly objective. People see what they want to see most of the time which 9 out of 10 is innacurate information.

6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the Value Test and post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2.

Value Test results:

1.Imagination
2.Logic
3.Making a differance
4.Freedom
5.Intelligence
6.Creativity
7.Power
8.Bravery
9.Self-reliance
10.Uniqueness

7. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?

I welcome new situations and enjoy the process of figuring out what the unknown situation is going to be like.

8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

I'm relaxed until the last moment then I panic then I relax again then I panic some more and then it passes.

9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

I never get too excited about things but the legend goes that some winning dance moves might occur during particularly enjoyable situations like "the new game of thrones episode is out" or "you have won the nobel prize and a makeout session".

10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?

I don't mind socializing but I can live without it just as well. I prefer group interactions and large parties to one-on-one interactions because I don't talk that much and things always get awkward when it's only me and another person. And when things get awkward my initial response isn't "run for your life and hide in the bungalows" but unfortunately I try to make things better and I say something innapropriate and burry the deadly awkward situation under 6 feet of aftermath silence. Plus I don't know what to talk about with other girls because it's either about relationships or other girls or parties and I'm not interested in any of that. I don't talk to guys but when I do,it's awesome. I just have to pretend I'm listening to whatever fictional story they're telling and they just have to pretend they care that I listen. I can go fetal over how awkward some of my conversations are.

11. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?

People are lying cheating bastards. They can be alright if they want to only they don't. Valid if by "people as a whole" you mean society. If we're talking about humanity in general than I have the utmost respect for the human race, if anything at least for surviving the Ice Age. But then again, so did archaea. However the human race never ceases to amaze me through its sparse but paramount genius.Some people are like enzymes - a few of them can change a whole bunch of stuff.

I don't mind social norms unless they contradict with my own norms. Traditions and customs are valuable to a nation's identity and I can understand how some people's ethnical identities are tied to traditions but I'm not one of those people.

12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?

I believe authority is great when it makes sense but the power it has over the masses is preposterous. Have you heard about the Milgram experiment? Even if you haven't,you have. It's everywhere.

If by "authority" you mean the police - I haven't had the chance to annoy them yet. If you mean "the boss","the big cheese","the big lebowski"... who that guy is again?

13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?

Chaos is the effect of entropy. Order is something that inevitably ends.

I'm a very messy person but from time to time I like to declutter both my pc and my room. My brains gets even messier.

14. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?

I fear living like I do now. I fear predictability even though I believe everything can be predicted to a certain degree.
I fear being wiped out by time. I fear not being able to change what needs to be changed. I fear myself most.

15. What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?

I want to do what I'm great at,what flows naturally and doesn't make me miserable. I'd love to do something that puts my thinking to use and doesn't only overwork my hippocampus.

16. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

Even though I'm a self-proclaimed introvert some social interaction gives me more energy than no interaction ; however, constant interaction drains me to the core. Doing something both interesting to me and challanging recharges my bateries the most. Things that are boring to me drain me the most. I could have literally just woken up but if you tell me the story that you have already told me countless times I'm going to be half asleep by the time you tell the punchline. If you top that with a 3 hour lecture on microbiology count me in a coma by sundown.

17. Why do you want to know your type? What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why? If you know your enneagram, please post this here. If you have done any online function tests such as the Keys2Cognition, it helps if you post these results here as well.

I want to know my type because I'm not sure if the MBTI-type tests I took are accurate enough. Hmm.. I have no idea what type I might be. I'd like to be an ENTP or INTJ but hey, we can't all be harry potter and have a scar too.
I'm a 5w4 enneagram.

intpinfp

What about INFJ? Have you considered that?

Thank you for your input. I don't dismiss any type but can you provide any reasons for your choice?

"INFJ personalities are drawn toward helping those in need: they may rush to the place of a major disaster, participate in rescue efforts, do charity work, etc. INFJs see this as their duty and their purpose in life. People with this personality type firmly believe that nothing else would help the world as much as getting rid of all the tyrants (though preferably in a non-violent way). Karma and similar concepts are very attractive to INFJs." - although I would love to help humanity as a whole I'm not inclined to help people without getting anything in return, I'm just not this "gentle,caring,warm" person. I don't believe getting rid of the "tyrants" is the way to go,it's about changing the masses not the selected few. If by "tyrants" they mean the current world leaders. We live in a world that is too afraid to think for themselves and the volatile sense of free will you get is only there to fool them enough. In reality the average guy is a consumerism slave - obedient and dormant. I don't believe in karma.

"The sensitivity of INFJs allows them to connect to others quite easily. Their easy and pleasant communication..." - I don't connect to people easily and I'm anything but charming.

"Even the most rational INFJs may find it quite difficult to not take criticism personally—this is the INFJ’s Achilles’ heel." - what should be made out of this? Is it rational to "not take criticism personally" when it's addressed specifically to you? Is it more rational to think "oh he didn't mean my work sucks when he told me today I'm his worst employee yet he actually loved me so what the hell I'm gonna invite him to dinner"? I can take criticism if it's rational and objective and true not matter how awful it is. But standing emotion-driven criticism that's not going to give you any valid information is letting yourself get bullied.

"They may take on the role of counseling and advising their friends and siblings, or even adult family members, from a fairly young age. " - I sometimes give good advice but I'm not known as the ultimate advisor.

"Because of their strength of intuition, many INFJs report feeling like aliens in the world. One INFJ described her experience as a constant feeling of deja vu. Others report feelings of disembodiment. The fact is that many INFJs (and INTJs) seem to experience the world and their bodies differently than other types do. It is therefore not uncommon for INFJs or others to occasionally question their sanity." - I do feel like that but I don't even know if I have an intuition, I never go by intuition. And I'm not sure if I understand people too much or not at all because in both cases the result would be the same : horror and disdain.

"Despite their refined or sophisticated tastes, INFJs are generally not overly pretentious or serious individuals, at least not inwardly (ENFJs, as dominant Judgers, are characteristically more serious). INFJs enjoy regularly engaging with people, listening to music, and watching movies. Perhaps more than anything, INFJs love spending time engrossed in meaningful conversation. Because of their verbosity and communal nature, they are commonly mistaken for Extraverts." - I can relate to this to a certain degree.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Thank you for your input. I don't dismiss any type but can you provide any reasons for your choice? I can refute your statement.

"INFJ personalities are drawn toward helping those in need: they may rush to the place of a major disaster, participate in rescue efforts, do charity work, etc. INFJs see this as their duty and their purpose in life. People with this personality type firmly believe that nothing else would help the world as much as getting rid of all the tyrants (though preferably in a non-violent way). Karma and similar concepts are very attractive to INFJs." - although I would love to help humanity as a whole I'm not inclined to help people without getting anything in return, I'm just not this "gentle,caring,warm" person. I don't believe getting rid of the "tyrants" is the way to go,it's about changing the masses not the selected few. If by "tyrants" they mean the current world leaders. We live in a world that is too afraid to think for themselves and the volatile sense of free will you get is only there to fool them enough. In reality the average guy is a consumerism slave - obedient and dormant. I don't believe in karma.

"The sensitivity of INFJs allows them to connect to others quite easily. Their easy and pleasant communication..." - I don't connect to people easily and I'm anything but charming.

"Even the most rational INFJs may find it quite difficult to not take criticism personally—this is the INFJ’s Achilles’ heel." - what should be made out of this? Is it rational to "not take criticism personally" when it's addressed specifically to you? Is it more rational to think "oh he didn't mean my work sucks when he told me today I'm his worst employee yet he actually loved me so what the hell I'm gonna invite him to dinner"? I can take criticism if it's rational and objective and true not matter how awful it is. But standing emotion-driven criticism that's not going to give you any valid information is letting yourself get bullied.

"They may take on the role of counseling and advising their friends and siblings, or even adult family members, from a fairly young age. " - I sometimes give good advice but I'm not known as the ultimate advisor.

"Because of their strength of intuition, many INFJs report feeling like aliens in the world. One INFJ described her experience as a constant feeling of deja vu. Others report feelings of disembodiment. The fact is that many INFJs (and INTJs) seem to experience the world and their bodies differently than other types do. It is therefore not uncommon for INFJs or others to occasionally question their sanity." - I do feel like that but I don't even know if I have an intuition, I never go by intuition. And I'm not sure if I understand people too much or not at all because in both cases the result would be the same : horror and disdain.

"Despite their refined or sophisticated tastes, INFJs are generally not overly pretentious or serious individuals, at least not inwardly (ENFJs, as dominant Judgers, are characteristically more serious). INFJs enjoy regularly engaging with people, listening to music, and watching movies. Perhaps more than anything, INFJs love spending time engrossed in meaningful conversation. Because of their verbosity and communal nature, they are commonly mistaken for Extraverts." - I can relate to this to a certain degree.

Your Fe is much too high for an NTJ - INTJ is definitely out of the question. As an INTJ myself I don't pick up those vibes from you.

However, you seem to have a desire for closure, and are not primarily focused on research for the sake of it. Granted, some NPs are not like that regarding something they have a strong value based commitment to (again, Fe), but generally, I do sense some J ness and Ti. Many of your comments remind me of things I have heard INFJs say, a strong concern that people are not moral enough for example.

In summary, you have both Ti and Fe, and are introverted.

This means INFJ, or INTP.

Read up on whether you identify more with Ni or Ne.

Eilonwy

Vulnerability
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Don't buy into the INFJ descriptions you quoted. I think it's still a possibility for you.

intpinfp

Your Fe is much too high for an NTJ - INTJ is definitely out of the question. As an INTJ myself I don't pick up those vibes from you.

However, you seem to have a desire for closure, and are not primarily focused on research for the sake of it. Granted, some NPs are not like that regarding something they have a strong value based commitment to (again, Fe), but generally, I do sense some J ness and Ti. Many of your comments remind me of things I have heard INFJs say, a strong concern that people are not moral enough for example.

In summary, you have both Ti and Fe, and are introverted.

This means INFJ, or INTP.

Read up on whether you identify more with Ni or Ne.

My k2c results.

extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************************* (31)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************ (12.4)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************** (38.9)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************** (34.6)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************* (37.6)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) **************************************** (40.2)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) **************** (16.4)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) **************************** (28.7)
average use
ENTP

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: INTP, or ENTJ.

I'm even more confused than before.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
My k2c results.

extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************************* (31)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************ (12.4)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************** (38.9)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************** (34.6)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************* (37.6)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) **************************************** (40.2)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) **************** (16.4)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) **************************** (28.7)
average use
ENTP

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: INTP, or ENTJ.

I'm even more confused than before.

Not really, you are probably an INTP :)

Cognitive function tests can help, but as you yourself have realised, you really need to read up to be more sure of your type, and even then, not everybody will neatly fit in to a category.

Whenever I take that test, for example, I come up as an INFJ. The results are just a guide in a direction, not an absolute.

intpinfp

Whenever I test I get INTP and I've done up to 30 different tests. But I'm still unsure. I guess I'll just have to read more about functions just as you suggested.

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Holy crap. I think i gave up reading after the 3rd sentence. My opinion is that "NF" types are more concise in their writing, as "NT" types are more thorough. You'll rarely see an INFP post that much in the forums. Our usage of language is somewhat more colorful.

intpinfp

Holy crap. I think i gave up reading after the 3rd sentence. My opinion is that "NF" types are more concise in their writing, as "NT" types are more thorough. You'll rarely see an INFP post that much in the forums. Our usage of language is somewhat more colorful.

How on earth would being concise help with typing a person you have no idea about? That's irrational. You wouldn't be able to draw accurate conclusions about a complex personality from a 20 page essay let alone some relatively short answers.

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How on earth would being concise help with typing a person you have no idea about? That's irrational. You wouldn't be able to draw accurate conclusions about a complex personality from a 20 page essay let alone some relatively short answers.

That's exactly the INTP reaction I was hoping for.