User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    spso
    Posts
    130

    Question Not sure at all, really. MBTI?Soc?Enna?

    Hello, I have seldom posted here, and after deciding that these theories--though psudeoscience--have more merit than the gamut of other types of metrics (e.g. astrology), I've decided to try again.

    MBTI-wise, I normally come in INxx, with the last two dimensions depending on the time.

    I don't have a strict adherence to rigid schedueles, although bigger plans (career etc.) tend to be a preoccupation of mine, as I tend to constantly mull over possible and possible stumbling blocks along the way, with the hopes of assuring the goal is met. It's both a source of security and anxiety, as minor changes in trajectory are liable to cause me to think of another possible play of events. And frankly, there is no way to predict every obstancle and prepare for it.

    I'm most certainly an introvert; I can don a good extrovert mask, but it's either for encouragement (e.g one friend is too quiet) or for buisness.

    I seem to minimize stimuli. For example, if I am programming or studying, there is often just enough light to progress. Loud sounds, gaudy lights, and a large crowd create a nervous energy that is hard to dissipate. If I am tired or have prolonged exposure to certain stimuli (e.g. crowded bars), this can lead to greater anxiety and ultimately a mental disconnect, where I am liable to not notice things occuring right in front of me--as if my eyes were not sending the signal to my brain.

    I've had varied interests, but all of them are science-related. I view science as a pretty monolithic entity, so distinctions between say, physics and chemistry are pretty moot to me.

    I'm not very callous, at least I try not to be. However, people still view me as "detatched" in situations. Again, however, I'm capalble of being more lively in spurts, especially around those I know.

    I'm not terribly neat; in fact, I could tidy up now. I tend not to make strict schedueles but I have an ideal timeframe for everything, which if not completed by that time, leads to a bit of existential depression. However, my day to day activities are not routinized by strict times. I have days or weeks in which one or two things are practiced or done to ensure a future goal follows. Yet day to day activities, with the exception of paying bills and other things that have long-term effect, can somtimes escape my attention until they become an issue.

    I also have bipolar disorder, so some of my most extroverted moments were likely somewhat spawned from this fact.

    I'm unsure of what other information is needed as there doesn't seem to be a template on this site for this type of thing. Thankx.

  2. #2
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    hmm...i'm not getting a clear vibe. will likely have to see you post more before i get any impressions.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    spso
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_X View Post
    hmm...i'm not getting a clear vibe. will likely have to see you post more before i get any impressions.
    I've tried other sites, and actually sparked a week debate between two members that on two different types, so it's an enduring sentiment of sorts, even with familiarity. I don't really "get" Ne (as interpreted by Jung or Socionics' writers), so I doubt it would be high in function stacking. Therefore, I think the possibilites in likihood are (at least from my reading) : 1) INTJ/ISTJ (low order Ne) 2) ISTP/INFJ 3) INTP Maybe which one best suits will be clear over time for you guys. Thankx

  4. #4
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    well the first thing that jumped out to me in your style was intj but i don't think i have nearly enough information to even give that thought any weight.

    will have to see more of how you interact with people.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  5. #5
    Assassin from the future Qloshae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    MBTI
    NONE
    Enneagram
    5 sx/so
    Socionics
    NONE
    Posts
    116

    Default

    You also asked about Enneagram, so I will respond to that as I feel like MBTI is debunked.

    I recommend what Mario said (who is a type 8 and an Enneagram teacher), the wings add an unnecessary complexity - at least start by just finding the core type. I myself don't even believe in the wings anymore (tho I recognize that a 5 could move more towards 4 or 6).

    The main thing about the Enneagram is that you don't have to fit any type perfectly, it is about which one you generally use, the Enneagram is a map, unlike MBTI which tries to put you in a neat box.
    Remember, Enneagram basically deal with your survival strategies.

    What I myself did was to look at each type, research them and write down or at least think of why I can't be that type.
    Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
    This should be a start:

    Social Style
    EnneagramWork - Defense Systems
    MBTI: IXXX (I don't even believe in it atm.)
    Enneagram: 5 | Sx/So
    Big 5: RLOAI (last time I did it)
    Alignment: True Neutral
    MOTIV type: SOTID
    MOTIV+ type: |S|oxiD

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    spso
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Not sure if this helps, but I took it after reading another typeme threadL
    Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
    extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************** (20.5)
    limited use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ********************* (21.6)
    limited use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************** (20.6)
    limited use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ***************************************** (41.7)
    excellent use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) *********************************************** (47)
    excellent use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************ (36.7)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************** (20.3)
    limited use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************** (32.4)
    good use

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    spso
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qloshae View Post
    You also asked about Enneagram, so I will respond to that as I feel like MBTI is debunked.

    I recommend what Mario said (who is a type 8 and an Enneagram teacher), the wings add an unnecessary complexity - at least start by just finding the core type. I myself don't even believe in the wings anymore (tho I recognize that a 5 could move more towards 4 or 6).

    The main thing about the Enneagram is that you don't have to fit any type perfectly, it is about which one you generally use, the Enneagram is a map, unlike MBTI which tries to put you in a neat box.
    Remember, Enneagram basically deal with your survival strategies.

    What I myself did was to look at each type, research them and write down or at least think of why I can't be that type.


    This should be a start:

    Social Style
    EnneagramWork - Defense Systems
    Is that a version of Occam's Razor?

    I definitely think I'm a 5w4 sp/so/sx after reading, Aside from heavily relating to it, I'm kind of follow it sort of sterotypically , with a preference for science and music. Even before I found out about any of these typings, most of my work and research was dealing with how to fuse both in one. I'm not very good with details, but I do seem to be drawn to innate beauty of logic and art. Withdrawn is pretty much a "duh" for me as a defense style.

    MBTI and Soci are confusing to me. I've had people debate INFj/INTj with prettty good reasoning. Apparently in Soci, there's a subset of INFj and INTj that are more reliant on Ti/Fi, respectively, so the lines there remain a blur.

  8. #8
    Assassin from the future Qloshae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    MBTI
    NONE
    Enneagram
    5 sx/so
    Socionics
    NONE
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elocute View Post
    Is that a version of Occam's Razor?

    I definitely think I'm a 5w4 sp/so/sx after reading, Aside from heavily relating to it, I'm kind of follow it sort of sterotypically , with a preference for science and music. Even before I found out about any of these typings, most of my work and research was dealing with how to fuse both in one. I'm not very good with details, but I do seem to be drawn to innate beauty of logic and art. Withdrawn is pretty much a "duh" for me as a defense style.
    According to Mario then it is Occam's Razor as Occam's Razor states that "It is futile to do with more things that which can be done with fewer."

    Also, type 5 isn't about what your interests are, it is about how you protect yourself from the world. Type 5 and type 4 are both withdrawn types, which means we have a tendency to physically and/or emotionally withdraw.
    We who are type 5 for example tend to isolate ourselves and intellectualize our emotions. Type 4 on the other hand seek emotional enrichment, but also often have a feeling that they don't belong.

    I'd recommend listening to this: http://www.enneagramportland.com/wat...e-january-2014
    Another one where you can listen to stuff: www.enneagramworldwide.com

    This guy also comes with good descriptions
    http://ninepointsmagazine.org/the-ni...es-tom-condon/
    http://ninepointsmagazine.org/the-ni...rs-tom-condon/
    MBTI: IXXX (I don't even believe in it atm.)
    Enneagram: 5 | Sx/So
    Big 5: RLOAI (last time I did it)
    Alignment: True Neutral
    MOTIV type: SOTID
    MOTIV+ type: |S|oxiD

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    spso
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qloshae View Post
    According to Mario then it is Occam's Razor as Occam's Razor states that "It is futile to do with more things that which can be done with fewer."

    Also, type 5 isn't about what your interests are, it is about how you protect yourself from the world. Type 5 and type 4 are both withdrawn types, which means we have a tendency to physically and/or emotionally withdraw.
    We who are type 5 for example tend to isolate ourselves and intellectualize our emotions. Type 4 on the other hand seek emotional enrichment, but also often have a feeling that they don't belong.

    I'd recommend listening to this: http://www.enneagramportland.com/wat...e-january-2014
    Another one where you can listen to stuff: Enneagram Worldwide • Enneagram Studies in the Narrative Tradition

    This guy also comes with good descriptions
    THE NINE STYLES: Fives – Tom Condon | Nine Points Magazine
    THE NINE STYLES: Fours – Tom Condon | Nine Points Magazine
    Yeah, I follow the style of 5s in terms of intellectualizing yet having an emotional tug in the background (4 I believe). I was just mentioning that I both agreed it was in alignment with me as well as the "common stereotypes." Better worded: I can see both the application in the pure sense and in the stereotyped sense. I'll get back to you once I watch the videos

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    spso
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Hmm anyone else want to weigh in?

Similar Threads

  1. [INFJ] Why do INFJs take ages to reply or not reply at all?
    By who in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 01-26-2015, 11:28 PM
  2. Ugh not sure at all...
    By dadapolka in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-08-2012, 03:42 PM
  3. I'm new, but I'm not sure I understand the point of all this...
    By thedusen in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-21-2009, 02:38 AM
  4. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-29-2008, 12:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO