• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Not sure at all, really. MBTI?Soc?Enna?

Elocute

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Hello, I have seldom posted here, and after deciding that these theories--though psudeoscience--have more merit than the gamut of other types of metrics (e.g. astrology), I've decided to try again.

MBTI-wise, I normally come in INxx, with the last two dimensions depending on the time.

I don't have a strict adherence to rigid schedueles, although bigger plans (career etc.) tend to be a preoccupation of mine, as I tend to constantly mull over possible and possible stumbling blocks along the way, with the hopes of assuring the goal is met. It's both a source of security and anxiety, as minor changes in trajectory are liable to cause me to think of another possible play of events. And frankly, there is no way to predict every obstancle and prepare for it.

I'm most certainly an introvert; I can don a good extrovert mask, but it's either for encouragement (e.g one friend is too quiet) or for buisness.

I seem to minimize stimuli. For example, if I am programming or studying, there is often just enough light to progress. Loud sounds, gaudy lights, and a large crowd create a nervous energy that is hard to dissipate. If I am tired or have prolonged exposure to certain stimuli (e.g. crowded bars), this can lead to greater anxiety and ultimately a mental disconnect, where I am liable to not notice things occuring right in front of me--as if my eyes were not sending the signal to my brain.

I've had varied interests, but all of them are science-related. I view science as a pretty monolithic entity, so distinctions between say, physics and chemistry are pretty moot to me.

I'm not very callous, at least I try not to be. However, people still view me as "detatched" in situations. Again, however, I'm capalble of being more lively in spurts, especially around those I know.

I'm not terribly neat; in fact, I could tidy up now. I tend not to make strict schedueles but I have an ideal timeframe for everything, which if not completed by that time, leads to a bit of existential depression. However, my day to day activities are not routinized by strict times. I have days or weeks in which one or two things are practiced or done to ensure a future goal follows. Yet day to day activities, with the exception of paying bills and other things that have long-term effect, can somtimes escape my attention until they become an issue.

I also have bipolar disorder, so some of my most extroverted moments were likely somewhat spawned from this fact.

I'm unsure of what other information is needed as there doesn't seem to be a template on this site for this type of thing. Thankx.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hmm...i'm not getting a clear vibe. will likely have to see you post more before i get any impressions.

Elocute

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
hmm...i'm not getting a clear vibe. will likely have to see you post more before i get any impressions.
I've tried other sites, and actually sparked a week debate between two members that on two different types, so it's an enduring sentiment of sorts, even with familiarity. I don't really "get" Ne (as interpreted by Jung or Socionics' writers), so I doubt it would be high in function stacking. Therefore, I think the possibilites in likihood are (at least from my reading) : 1) INTJ/ISTJ (low order Ne) 2) ISTP/INFJ 3) INTP Maybe which one best suits will be clear over time for you guys. Thankx

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well the first thing that jumped out to me in your style was intj but i don't think i have nearly enough information to even give that thought any weight.

will have to see more of how you interact with people.

Qloshae

Assassin from the future
MBTI Type
NONE
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You also asked about Enneagram, so I will respond to that as I feel like MBTI is debunked.

I recommend what Mario said (who is a type 8 and an Enneagram teacher), the wings add an unnecessary complexity - at least start by just finding the core type. I myself don't even believe in the wings anymore (tho I recognize that a 5 could move more towards 4 or 6).

The main thing about the Enneagram is that you don't have to fit any type perfectly, it is about which one you generally use, the Enneagram is a map, unlike MBTI which tries to put you in a neat box.
Remember, Enneagram basically deal with your survival strategies.

What I myself did was to look at each type, research them and write down or at least think of why I can't be that type.
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

This should be a start:

Social Style
EnneagramWork - Defense Systems

Elocute

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Not sure if this helps, but I took it after reading another typeme threadL
Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************** (20.5)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ********************* (21.6)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************** (20.6)
limited use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ***************************************** (41.7)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *********************************************** (47)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************ (36.7)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************** (20.3)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************** (32.4)
good use

Elocute

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
You also asked about Enneagram, so I will respond to that as I feel like MBTI is debunked.

I recommend what Mario said (who is a type 8 and an Enneagram teacher), the wings add an unnecessary complexity - at least start by just finding the core type. I myself don't even believe in the wings anymore (tho I recognize that a 5 could move more towards 4 or 6).

The main thing about the Enneagram is that you don't have to fit any type perfectly, it is about which one you generally use, the Enneagram is a map, unlike MBTI which tries to put you in a neat box.
Remember, Enneagram basically deal with your survival strategies.

What I myself did was to look at each type, research them and write down or at least think of why I can't be that type.

This should be a start:

Social Style
EnneagramWork - Defense Systems

Is that a version of Occam's Razor?

I definitely think I'm a 5w4 sp/so/sx after reading, Aside from heavily relating to it, I'm kind of follow it sort of sterotypically , with a preference for science and music. Even before I found out about any of these typings, most of my work and research was dealing with how to fuse both in one. I'm not very good with details, but I do seem to be drawn to innate beauty of logic and art. Withdrawn is pretty much a "duh" for me as a defense style.

MBTI and Soci are confusing to me. I've had people debate INFj/INTj with prettty good reasoning. Apparently in Soci, there's a subset of INFj and INTj that are more reliant on Ti/Fi, respectively, so the lines there remain a blur.

Qloshae

Assassin from the future
MBTI Type
NONE
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Is that a version of Occam's Razor?

I definitely think I'm a 5w4 sp/so/sx after reading, Aside from heavily relating to it, I'm kind of follow it sort of sterotypically , with a preference for science and music. Even before I found out about any of these typings, most of my work and research was dealing with how to fuse both in one. I'm not very good with details, but I do seem to be drawn to innate beauty of logic and art. Withdrawn is pretty much a "duh" for me as a defense style.

According to Mario then it is Occam's Razor as Occam's Razor states that "It is futile to do with more things that which can be done with fewer."

Also, type 5 isn't about what your interests are, it is about how you protect yourself from the world. Type 5 and type 4 are both withdrawn types, which means we have a tendency to physically and/or emotionally withdraw.
We who are type 5 for example tend to isolate ourselves and intellectualize our emotions. Type 4 on the other hand seek emotional enrichment, but also often have a feeling that they don't belong.

I'd recommend listening to this: www.enneagramportland.com/watch-9-enneagram-portlanders-on-pechakucha-nite-january-2014
Another one where you can listen to stuff: www.enneagramworldwide.com

This guy also comes with good descriptions
http://ninepointsmagazine.org/the-nine-styles-fives-tom-condon/
http://ninepointsmagazine.org/the-nine-styles-fours-tom-condon/

Elocute

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
According to Mario then it is Occam's Razor as Occam's Razor states that "It is futile to do with more things that which can be done with fewer."

Also, type 5 isn't about what your interests are, it is about how you protect yourself from the world. Type 5 and type 4 are both withdrawn types, which means we have a tendency to physically and/or emotionally withdraw.
We who are type 5 for example tend to isolate ourselves and intellectualize our emotions. Type 4 on the other hand seek emotional enrichment, but also often have a feeling that they don't belong.

I'd recommend listening to this: www.enneagramportland.com/watch-9-enneagram-portlanders-on-pechakucha-nite-january-2014
Another one where you can listen to stuff: Enneagram Worldwide • Enneagram Studies in the Narrative Tradition

This guy also comes with good descriptions
THE NINE STYLES: Fives – Tom Condon | Nine Points Magazine
THE NINE STYLES: Fours – Tom Condon | Nine Points Magazine

Yeah, I follow the style of 5s in terms of intellectualizing yet having an emotional tug in the background (4 I believe). I was just mentioning that I both agreed it was in alignment with me as well as the "common stereotypes." Better worded: I can see both the application in the pure sense and in the stereotyped sense. I'll get back to you once I watch the videos :smile: