User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Boogie man View Post
    Well, you don't suck at knowing whether I would be an 8 or not, cause you're right on the money!
    One down, 7 to go!
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

You didn't say much about about being a 2, but this bit:

1- to be loving and benevolent

Why to be loving and benevolent? Because it comes from a strong place; from a warm, open and generous heart that isn't afraid of getting rejected. A powerful philanthropist.
    Sounds a lot like a 2, probably 2w3
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Se

Quote Originally Posted by Qloshae View Post
    Why don't we start here to check your view and understanding of the Enneagram - why are you not an 8?
    All right. I'm not an 8 because I really don't feel the need to control my environment as much; I'm more of a laisser-faire kind of guy, I don't seem to possess the 8's control issues.
    I'm not all that confrontational either, though it does seem impossible for me to back down in interpersonal conflict. My first instinct to problems is not to face them head-on, but rather to avoid them altogether if possible. If not, I'll still try to go for the path of least resistance. I will get impatient and frustrated if these alternatives don't work.
    Type 8 also seems to have some issues trusting others when it comes to anything that could expose their weaknesses. I don't seem to have any problem with either trust or showing weakness. Even if I'm not flaunting my flaws everywhere, ask and I'll probably be willing to share. (If I can think of any )
    Overall, I'd rather have someone else take the lead while I'll see how I can fill in the gaps in his/her tactics.

These are the biggest reasons I can think of atm.

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    One down, 7 to go!
    Hells yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    You didn't say much about about being a 2, but this bit:

Sounds a lot like a 2, probably 2w3
    Yes, I thought of that too while I was writing that.
    The reason I didn't mention type 2 was because I think the chance of me being type 2 is quite small as I am more consciously self-centered -for better and worse- than I am altruistic.
    Especially when I feel like I'm going to a less healthy place, instead of trying harder for others, like type 2, I focus more and more on how I am experiencing my problems.

Assassin from the future Qloshae's Avatar
    MBTI
    NONE
    Enneagram
    5 sx/so
    Socionics
    NONE

All right. I'm not an 8 because I really don't feel the need to control my environment as much; I'm more of a laisser-faire kind of guy, I don't seem to possess the 8's control issues.
    I'm not all that confrontational either, though it does seem impossible for me to back down in interpersonal conflict. My first instinct to problems is not to face them head-on, but rather to avoid them altogether if possible. If not, I'll still try to go for the path of least resistance. I will get impatient and frustrated if these alternatives don't work.
    Type 8 also seems to have some issues trusting others when it comes to anything that could expose their weaknesses. I don't seem to have any problem with either trust or showing weakness. Even if I'm not flaunting my flaws everywhere, ask and I'll probably be willing to share. (If I can think of any )
    Overall, I'd rather have someone else take the lead while I'll see how I can fill in the gaps in his/her tactics.

These are the biggest reasons I can think of atm.
    Well, unlike what some sources say, type 8s are not controlling, they seek to be self-controlling.
    A type 8 is that person you may have spent annoying for an entire day and they kept holding in their anger at you until they finally couldn't anymore.
    A type 8 explained it as "to become angry is to lose control, therefor we try not to".
    When unhealthy they become more paranoid and revenge seeking and also likely controlling (honestly tho, I think unhealthy type 1s are the most controlling as they will burn you alive if you don't follow their exact view of how to do something).

In contrast, me as a withdrawn type for example when my friends made a joke that gave me a deep sense of shame, I left early and didn't talk to them for some time.
    My natural reaction is to disappear when things get tough.
    8s in contrast... I mean, when we were in Falun in the winter a few years back, a friend of mine got driven over in the hill as people were sliding down and got knocked out. Everyone froze and became shocked except my type 8 friend who instead started directing people to do different tasks. At their best, 8s make extremely good leaders I'd say, in a very self-controlled way. 8s are good in crisis situations I suppose where things happen fast as they feel a deep need to not lose control.

Generally tho it seems like you know what you are talking about, not like some who think certain types are better than others.
    What you described seemed to be withdrawn or generally one of the conflict avoidant types, which is 2, 7 and 9: Enneagram Harmonics
    Possibly also withdrawn: Social Style
    Withdrawn types are known to physically and/or emotionally withdraw which if you identify with you'd probably feel a certain degree of belonging with that category.

Enneagram leans a lot on the person in question tho, but you don't really strike me as a type 4, tho I have had a generally bad experience with type 4s so I wouldn't draw any conclusions based on that.

Maybe you should write up which of each category you agree with the most,
    Heart, Head, Gut
    Reactive, Positive Outlook, Competency Harmonic
    Assertive, Compliant, Withdrawn

As you identify with the MBTI type of ENFP, type 7 wouldn't be far off as type 7s avoid pain by filling their life with a large variety of experiences.
    Then again, I put as much faith in MBTI as in Astrology, but what makes you identify with ENFP may still be what makes you a 7.
    MBTI: IXXX (I don't even believe in it atm.)
    Enneagram: 5 | Sx/So
    Big 5: RLOAI (last time I did it)
    Alignment: True Neutral
    MOTIV type: SOTID
    MOTIV+ type: |S|oxiD

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Se

Quote Originally Posted by Qloshae View Post
    Well, unlike what some sources say, type 8s are not controlling, they seek to be self-controlling.
    A type 8 is that person you may have spent annoying for an entire day and they kept holding in their anger at you until they finally couldn't anymore.
    A type 8 explained it as "to become angry is to lose control, therefor we try not to".
    When unhealthy they become more paranoid and revenge seeking and also likely controlling (honestly tho, I think unhealthy type 1s are the most controlling as they will burn you alive if you don't follow their exact view of how to do something).

In contrast, me as a withdrawn type for example when my friends made a joke that gave me a deep sense of shame, I left early and didn't talk to them for some time.
    My natural reaction is to disappear when things get tough.
    8s in contrast... I mean, when we were in Falun in the winter a few years back, a friend of mine got driven over in the hill as people were sliding down and got knocked out. Everyone froze and became shocked except my type 8 friend who instead started directing people to do different tasks. At their best, 8s make extremely good leaders I'd say, in a very self-controlled way. 8s are good in crisis situations I suppose where things happen fast as they feel a deep need to not lose control.
    That makes a lot of sense (about the type 8).
    _

Using your examples;
    When someone makes a joke at my expense that induces shame in me, I will feel hurt and all, but I'll act as if I'm fine and can laugh about it no problem.
    And in crisis situations like the example you used, I would actually react very similar to your 8 friend there. If anything, it's in a crisis that I feel the most alive, the most focused and driven. It's in many other situations where the stakes aren't that high that I'll feel nervous about a problem and that I'd rather avoid it.
    Pretty confusing for me :p

Generally tho it seems like you know what you are talking about, not like some who think certain types are better than others.
    What you described seemed to be withdrawn or generally one of the conflict avoidant types, which is 2, 7 and 9: Enneagram Harmonics
    Possibly also withdrawn: Social Style
    Withdrawn types are known to physically and/or emotionally withdraw which if you identify with you'd probably feel a certain degree of belonging with that category.

Enneagram leans a lot on the person in question tho, but you don't really strike me as a type 4, tho I have had a generally bad experience with type 4s so I wouldn't draw any conclusions based on that.
    One of the biggest reasons I can't see myself as a 4 is because I come across as fairly shameless. Whereas 4's tend to have this vibe about them, where every move seems calculated in a way.

Maybe you should write up which of each category you agree with the most,
    Heart, Head, Gut
    Reactive, Positive Outlook, Competency Harmonic
    Assertive, Compliant, Withdrawn
    I relate quite a bit to the Heart triad in that I'm constantly comparing myself to others, to see whether I'm doing better/worse. This also ties in to my constant search for my identity, which has been a life-long thing for me.
    Though I suspect my type is more likely part of the Head triad, mainly because of how I vibe with others. I tend to approach people with ideas, thoughts and questions, instead of emotion.
    It's unlikely I'm part of the Gut triad.

The Competency triad is something I don't relate to at all, it's just not how I approach issues. I tend to either be vague about them and try to give alternatives, or I get very intense and heated and feel the need to confront them, depending on how personal or immediate the problems are to me. If we're talking quantity, then I probably use the Positive Outlook more than the others, though I can't eliminate the Reactive triad just yet.

The social styles are the hardest for me to determine.
    I'm probably too laid back about my needs to identify with the Assertive style. In a way, I don't want to come across as too needy.
    As for the Compliant style, I don't relate to the whole commitment part, if anything, I can be the opposite.
    So I guess this leave the Withdrawn style, where I do have one big reason to identify with it; the reliance on their imagination which I do quite a bit of myself. It's exactly the discrepancy between my imagination and so-called-reality that is really messing with my life atm (work etc.)

As you identify with the MBTI type of ENFP, type 7 wouldn't be far off as type 7s avoid pain by filling their life with a large variety of experiences.
    Then again, I put as much faith in MBTI as in Astrology, but what makes you identify with ENFP may still be what makes you a 7.
    Yes, I mainly identify as an ENFP because it leads with extraverted intuition, which I relate strongly with. The pattern-seeking, the searching for options and possibilities. It all does sound very 7-ish.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Haha, no I'm not Kiwi or Australian.
    I'm Belgian and English isn't my native tongue so I just use whatever sounds good to me in the moment. I love variety.
    OK

About the 7w6 suggestion, could you explain why? I've considered it before but I seem to be too hesitating & self-conscious to be one.
    You could be 6w7 I guess, but that's not the immediate vibe I got. Anyway, 7s can be hesitant and self-conscious too.

There's lots of reasons why I think you are, but this sums it up:

What are qualities you'd like to have, but can't seem to develop?
    Ha! Great question :p Dedication, discipline, the ability to put aside the 'mood of the moment'.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte