User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 57

  1. #21
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Sass, when you first came here, you were an ISTP, correct?

  2. #22
    Senior Member ThatsWhatHeSaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    7,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    People are usually the type they want to be. If you don't want to be ISTJ, you're probably not.
    You really believe this? If I want to be a T, I'm a T? If I want to be intuitive, I am? There's some truth to this in the sense that your values are based on your strengths, and you'll continue to develop those qualities in yourself if you value them, but I don't really think you can make such a broad sweeping statement like the one you made. There are lots of people who want to be logical but aren't really familiar with how to do it. Same with sensing OR intuition. There are times I'd like to be way less into my head and more grounded and sensory, but it doesn't just magically appear.

  3. #23
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Well, Jack Flak certainly has a point, especially considering that MBTI measures preference, not ability.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    You really believe this? If I want to be a T, I'm a T? If I want to be intuitive, I am? There's some truth to this in the sense that your values are based on your strengths, and you'll continue to develop those qualities in yourself if you value them, but I don't really think you can make such a broad sweeping statement like the one you made. There are lots of people who want to be logical but aren't really familiar with how to do it. Same with sensing OR intuition. There are times I'd like to be way less into my head and more grounded and sensory, but it doesn't just magically appear.
    What's your type? What type do you wish you were?

    I'm not talking about changing type--ever, let alone daily. You only get to be one type.

  5. #25
    Senior Member ThatsWhatHeSaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    7,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    What's your type? What type do you wish you were?

    I'm not talking about changing type--ever, let alone daily. You only get to be one type.
    I'm untypeable because my preferences and needs change with whatever's going on in my life, and even in my day. Anger will bring out the INT in me. Silliness the ENTP. Calmness the INFP. Tasks will bring out the J in me, too. So I can't answer the first of your questions because I disagree with the statement you made.

    As far as preferred type, I can't really say I have a strong preference, and even if I did, it would probably change with time and circumstance. My ideal self has qualities and attributes, but they're not related to any of the stuff MBTI deals with.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    I'm untypeable because my preferences and needs change with whatever's going on in my life, and even in my day. Anger will bring out the INT in me. Silliness the ENTP. Calmness the INFP. Tasks will bring out the J in me, too.
    You must be ISTJ then. http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post275125

  7. #27
    Senior Member ThatsWhatHeSaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    7,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Wow. That's totally it.

  8. #28
    Boring old fossil Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    I second Edahn as ISTJ.




  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Sass, when you first came here, you were an ISTP, correct?
    I have typed myself first as INTP then ISTP and currently ISTJ. I joined MBTIc right after I retyped as ISTP having spent some months on INTPc and seeing that I had nothing in common with actual INTPs. I went from ISTP to ISTJ once I understood that J meant a desire for closure and certainty rather than being a fastidious neat freak.

    I initially thought I was INTP because I had read that geeks and nerds are mostly INTPs and INTJs and I'm a fairly geeky/nerdy guy. I can't do algebra or hack unix but it's close enough.

    Quote Originally Posted by A Portrait of J. Random Hacker
    In terms of Myers-Briggs and equivalent psychometric systems, hackerdom appears to concentrate the relatively rare INTJ and INTP types; that is, introverted, intuitive, and thinker types (as opposed to the extroverted-sensate personalities that predominate in the mainstream culture). ENT[JP] types are also concentrated among hackers but are in a minority.

    Personality Characteristics
    That is where I first heard about MBTI.

    I don't suppose enneagram types would help at all? I've tested several times months apart as being equally 5 and 6 50/50 right down the middle.

  10. #30
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post
    I have typed myself first as INTP then ISTP and currently ISTJ. I joined MBTIc right after I retyped as ISTP having spent some months on INTPc and seeing that I had nothing in common with actual INTPs.
    Ah, there's your problem, LOL -- if you are an INTP, you probably just didn't fit into their stereotypical clique.

    Did you take the online Keirsey Temperament Sorter? That's actually a good test unlike the Human Metrics test, which is where most people seem to "discover" their type.

    You can get an account at Personality Zone and take the test from there. Your full four-letter results will then show up there in your account.

    It is probably most pragmatic to take a test before learning about the types. When you do it the other way around, you just wind up falling into stereotypes. And to some extent, when reading the descriptions, I'll identify with all of the types on some level.

Similar Threads

  1. Okay, one more time please.
    By Athenian200 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-23-2008, 07:55 PM
  2. One more time?
    By Skyward in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-29-2008, 05:00 AM
  3. One more heartless xNTJ
    By Enyo in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-13-2008, 03:37 PM
  4. One more for the road
    By JustDave in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 07-07-2008, 08:37 PM
  5. Introducing... one more INFP
    By placebo in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-12-2008, 09:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO