• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I a 6w5 INTJ?

Eum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I consistently score as an INTJ. I consistently score as a 6w5. Is there most likely some sort of error, or are these truly my types? I've only taken online tests, so the accuracy is perhaps questionable. I will answer any questions.

Last edited:

yeghor

I consistently score as an INTJ. I consistently score as a 6w5. From what I've read this combination is extremely rare. Is there most likely some sort of error, or are these truly my types? I've only taken online tests, so the accuracy is perhaps questionable. I will answer any questions.

Could you do this test and paste the results please?

Free Enneagram Personality Test

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I consistently score as an INTJ. I consistently score as a 6w5. From what I've read this combination is extremely rare. Is there most likely some sort of error, or are these truly my types? I've only taken online tests, so the accuracy is perhaps questionable. I will answer any questions.
[MENTION=5627]BlackCat[/MENTION] says it's common

tumblr_moaalulBiB1sq3u8zo1_1280.jpg

Eum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Apparently I was given false information about the rarity.

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||||||| 78%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||| 50%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||||||||| 86%
Type 4 Individualism |||||||||||||||| 62%
Type 5 Intellectualism |||||||||||||||||||| 90%
Type 6 Security Focus |||||||||||||||||||| 90%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||| 18%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||||||| 70%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||| 38%

type score type behavior motivation
5 22 I must be knowledgeable to survive.
6 22 I must be secure and safe to survive.
3 21 I must be impressive and attractive to survive.
1 19 I must be perfect and good to survive.
8 17 I must be strong and in control to survive.
4 15 I must be unique/different to survive.
2 12 I must be helpful and caring to survive.
9 9 I must maintain peace/calm to survive.
7 4 I must be fun and entertained to survive.

Your main type is Type 5
Your variant stacking is spsosx
Your level of health is very low, i.e. very unhealthy

This is the first time I've scored as a 5, or taken that test.

yeghor

Apparently I was given false information about the rarity.

type score type behavior motivation
5 22 I must be knowledgeable to survive.
6 22 I must be secure and safe to survive.
3 21 I must be impressive and attractive to survive.
1 19 I must be perfect and good to survive.
8 17 I must be strong and in control to survive.
4 15 I must be unique/different to survive.
2 12 I must be helpful and caring to survive.
9 9 I must maintain peace/calm to survive.
7 4 I must be fun and entertained to survive.

Your main type is Type 5
Your variant stacking is spsosx
Your level of health is very low, i.e. very unhealthy

This is the first time I've scored as a 5, or taken that test.

6w5 (44), 3w4 (36), 1w2 (31), 8w9 (26) = Te Fe Ni Se. Sorry can't decide.

If I had to guess I'd say you are an ENxJ, with leaning more towards ENTJ.

Eum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No no no, I'm extremely introverted. I have no friends, I'm very uncomfortable in social situations, and I spend a ton of time in my own head. Where did you get the E and the possible F from?

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

No no no, I'm extremely introverted. I have no friends, I'm very uncomfortable in social situations, and I spend a ton of time in my own head. Where did you get the E and the possible F from?

Extroverts can have no friends, have social anxiety, and can spend a lot of time in their own heads.

Especially if they're "very unhealthy" as your test results suggest.

yeghor

The belowgiven is my own theory is not universally applicable so take it with a grain of salt:

Your type 3 and 4 scores are quite high. Enneagram types 2,3 and 4 are known as the heart triad and related F function. Enneagram 3 score implies that you want to impress people socially but you say you are uncomfortable in social situations, which seems to conflict with each other. The Fe comes from your 3w4, i.e. desire to impress people.

Your enneagram 6 score seems to as high as your 5. Enneagrams 5,6 and 7 are located in the head triad which I equate with thinking functions. 6s desire for security I believe manifests itself as Te. Te is about material and business world and is also related with utility value of objects and living beings. A type 6 person would keep checking whether he's valued by the Te (business?) framework, i.e., whether he's regarded by others as useful so that he won't be discarded and he'll be protected by the system.

So I assumed your high 5 and 6 scores must mean that your strongest function is either Ti or Te. So I guessed you must be Te-Ni-Se-Fi = ENTJ based on your results. High 3w4 score however means you feel too much about how you are valued by others as a person, which doesn't seem to fit with ENTJ.

Another test in a different system here to check it:

Socionics Tests

Eum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Extroverts can have no friends, have social anxiety, and can spend a lot of time in their own heads.

Especially if they're "very unhealthy" as your test results suggest.

I see. Well, I'm open to the possibility. As a young child I was much more outgoing, but ever since adolescence I've been an extreme introvert.

Eum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The belowgiven is my own theory is not universally applicable so take it with a grain of salt:

Your type 3 and 4 scores are quite high. Enneagram types 2,3 and 4 are known as the heart triad and related F function. Enneagram 3 score implies that you want to impress people socially but you say you are uncomfortable in social situations, which seems to conflict with each other. The Fe comes from your 3w4, i.e. desire to impress people.

Your enneagram 6 score seems to as high as your 5. Enneagrams 5,6 and 7 are located in the head triad which I equate with thinking functions. 6s desire for security I believe manifests itself as Te. Te is about material and business world and is also related with utility value of objects and living beings. A type 6 person would keep checking whether he's valued by the Te (business?) framework, i.e., whether he's regarded by others as useful so that he won't be discarded and he'll be protected by the system.

So I assumed your high 5 and 6 scores must mean that your strongest function is either Ti or Te. So I guessed you must be Te-Ni-Se-Fi = ENTJ based on your results. High 3w4 score however means you feel too much about how you are valued by others as a person, which doesn't seem to fit with ENTJ.

Another test in a different system here to check it:

Socionics Tests

Interesting. Yes, I do want to impress people socially, and I'm very aware of what people think about me. However, I'm also socially incompetent. I'm taking that test now.

Test Results

Your Sociotype: LII-1Ti (INTj)

Using introverted thinking as his base function and extroverted intuition as his creative, the LII is adept at creating a concept of reality through the synthesis and application of preformulated principles and rules. When formulating new principles, the LII methodically analyzes new information, taking the salient aspects and discarding the extraneous. Staying within the boundaries of his principles, the LII is capable of generating new ideas and possibilities of how the world could work. At its best, this ability gives the LII an aura of confidence and insightfulness into areas of abstraction and possibility that many other types don't have; at its worst, this ability may lead the LII to possibilities so impractical or unreachable that he is perceived as others to be out of touch with reality. Additionally, the LIIs inclination for deep isolated thoughts often leaves him disconnected from societal interaction--as if he is constantly an observer but never a participant. Learn more about the LII here! - See more at: Socionics Tests

Other Possible Types

ILI (INTp): 96% as likely as LII.
LIE (ENTj): 78% as likely as LII.
LSI (ISTj): 76% as likely as LII.
- See more at: Socionics Tests

Granted, I was uncertain about a lot of the questions, especially the visual section.

Last edited:

yeghor

Interesting. Yes, I do want to impress people socially, and I'm very aware of what people think about me. However, I'm also socially incompetent. I'm taking that test now.

Test Results

Using introverted thinking as his base function and extroverted intuition as his creative, the LII is adept at creating a concept of reality through the synthesis and application of preformulated principles and rules. When formulating new principles, the LII methodically analyzes new information, taking the salient aspects and discarding the extraneous. Staying within the boundaries of his principles, the LII is capable of generating new ideas and possibilities of how the world could work. At its best, this ability gives the LII an aura of confidence and insightfulness into areas of abstraction and possibility that many other types don't have; at its worst, this ability may lead the LII to possibilities so impractical or unreachable that he is perceived as others to be out of touch with reality. Additionally, the LIIs inclination for deep isolated thoughts often leaves him disconnected from societal interaction--as if he is constantly an observer but never a participant. Learn more about the LII here! - See more at: Socionics Tests

Other Possible Types

Granted, I was uncertain about a lot of the questions, especially the visual section.

Your test result suggests you are a socionics INTj, which is normally equated to MBTI INTP. However, I believe socionics and MBTI types are directly correlated so I believe your result implies MBTI INTJ.

However, I also believe that you are sitting on the verge of INTP and ENTJ. Are you younger than 20? If yes, your type may have not been settled yet and may be shifting back and forth between the two.

Eum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No. I'm twenty, turning twenty-one soon. As I said, I've been scoring as an INTJ for several years. I've never scored as an INTP or an ENTJ.

yeghor

No. I'm twenty, turning twenty-one soon. As I said, I've been scoring as an INTJ for several years. I've never scored as an INTP or an ENTJ.

Sorry, I am short of any other ideas.

Eum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I appreciate the effort. I'm most likely just mental.

Alea_iacta_est

Test Results

Other Possible Types

The visual section is part of an in-the-works theory that is highly controversial known as Visual Identification (to type others). The people you chose were probably used to estimate what Quadra you lie in, or something of the sort.

Logical Intuitive Introtratim corresponds to the JCF INTP (Ti-Ne-Si-Fe) with Lead Ti, Creative Ne, Mobilizing Si, and Suggestive Fe.

Keep in mind however, that Personality Tests themselves are relatively inaccurate due to the test taker's biases like the Forer Effect, so it might help to learn each of the functions and observe how they operate in yourself.

One key starting point might be the Vulnerable Function of Sociotypes, where the LII's (INTj/INTP) downfall is Extroverted Sensation and the ILI's (INTp/INTJ, and also your next closest type according to the test) downfall is Extroverted Ethics (a.k.a Extroverted Feeling).

Eum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Seems that there is no easy answer. Judging from what I'm reading, I have very poor Extroverted Feeling. I keep a poker face almost constantly. I don't laugh at jokes. I'm not very polite. I do have a desire to connect with others, but it is not evidenced by expressions of warmth (or displeasure) and self-disclosure. I don't have the best Extroverted Sensing, but it isn't horrible.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We won't get much adequate information just from tests. But you are vibing me as a definite combination of 5 and 6, with INTJ being obvious.

This is from the members only section of the Enneagram Institute regarding type misidentifications-

What do you think after reading that?

Eum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd say I identify more with Six. I often do not trust that my mind can come to a meaningful conclusion on its own. I much prefer to find something or someone to trust, hence why I posted this thread. I also have very strong and radical political opinions. I seldom voice these opinions because I know I'll be negatively judged for them.

Though I did drop out of high school, so I don't identify with "the world of academia being my realm".

Last edited:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

It's not an extremely rare combination, so the premise behind your question is invalid.