123 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFp

Smile INFJ or INFP type

Hello everyone, I am new to these forums but I am eager to find out whether or not I am actually an INFP or an INFJ. I have taken a lot of MBTI tests that confirm that I am an INFJ but now im getting tests that say I am an INFP. I also tried taking the enneagram tests which consistently tell me I am a 9w1, 5w4, 2w3 although the exact order varies occasionally based on these tests.

I am a young man that has an interest in geography and international relations and I did the temperaments test and am considered a phlegmatic-melancholic.

Ironically thanks to my love of playing strategy games and studying and practicing diplomacy I have been considered an INTJ, and an ISFJ before which I thought was a little interesting.

I excelled in the humanities and social sciences as well as biology and geology as far as class subjects go, I am about to graduate high school soon but I am told that I give off a very pleasant and respectful vibe as well. I personally think I might be an INFP with well developed Ne and Te as well as very solid Fi, but I am not sure, I could also be an Ni-Fe-Ti user as well. Exploring is something that can be quite fascinating to me and I love to swim and hike as well if that makes any difference, though I believe my Se could be a bit weak at least according to cognitive tests.

So I am curious if anyone can perhaps give greater insight and help me determine what my type actually is...

Thank you very much.

You didn't provide any type related info... try harder my fella...do the questionnaire, or describe us your learning/thinking/feeling process

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFp

I am not sure what questionnaire you are even referring to.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFp

Unless your referring to that INFP or INFJ site, in which case I got 50/50 on it so im apparently a blend of the P and J types...

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFp

Wait, I found a questionnaire I can use to give some more info about myself so here goes.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

infj, infp dont ask things they create drama
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFp

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
    I do not have any medications or illness that I believe, I am an 18 year old male that is trying to determine what career that I want to follow after being introspective for the last 2 years. I very much dislike the conflict I had a year ago with my parents, but I have resolved that conflict and I feel quite content and at peace again but I have a desire to explore and learn about the world and about other nations and cultures that I have yet to meet.
    1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.
    photos/hardpan/14006874907/in/explore-2014-05-15

I really admire the scenery there...

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
    I would try and assess where I was geographically and then I would try and ask directions from another car coming on the highway about where the nearest repairman was or at least the nearest gas station so we could get something to eat and assess the situation. Perhaps figure out where a tow truck would be if we couldn't quickly fix the car or if it had gas but some internal issue.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do? I would encourage them to go on ahead to the party, and I would try to socialize with the people that arrived at the concert.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
    I would listen to their claim and express calmness but internally I would be seeking to challenge them and make a counter claim or mount a defense with passion. I would try to cool this internal anger though and simply nod in agreement politely.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
    I would likely question myself as to why I feel so intensely frusturated about the clash to my beliefs but I would express calmness and try to be as agreeable as possible and not make too much of a fuss.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
    My most important values are obedience, polite courtesy, intellectualism, honesty, and helpfulness. I determined these values since I have been told I express these values a great deal and I believe that I work to develop these values within myself. I believe perhaps these values could change perhaps if I grew older and left home perhaps I might tend to value independence, ambition, capability, and perhaps a bit of economic restraint as I worked and lived on my own away from my family.
    I spend a great deal of time reflecting and being introspective about the morality of my actions and thoughts as well. I once even considered becoming a stoic...

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
    I am very respectful and obedient and yet also intellectualist. I wish I could be more assertive and ambitious in pursuing my goals and attaining them and act more aggressive and competitive in order to advance further and grow and become independent of my family. I also wish I was more aware of my external world and didn't make so many clumsy mistakes from not paying attention to the outside world.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
    I often times listen to my gut feelings and they seem to be triggered in situations where I see people manipulating another person. I also sometimes get quite angry on the inside when I see others treat each other disrespectfully and trick them. I despise dishonesty and manipulation to achieve selfish goals that do not help others.
    9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
    Activities that energize me include: I really love to counsel and help other people both in 1 to 1 situations as well as in writing. I love to roleplay and write characters and stories online. I love to learn about the world around me and to learn about the different nations and cultures throughout the world.

Activities that drain me: I dislike running too much since I hate the sweat and exhaustion and yet I love swimming since I do not feel the sweat when I am in the water. I also am drained when I have to work with complex mathematical concepts that deal with ways to solve problems quickly. I really dislike doing activities such as driving or cooking since I struggle with hand eye coordination and make mistakes fairly often

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
    I repress my rather active imagination sometimes when I am around others and I try to act more serious and focused in the present and I try to maintain a calm and peaceful yet charming appearance towards others. I try to repress ideas that are threathening or challenging to the group I am socializing with and I privately explore those ideas on my own time and develop my conclusions quietly and privately and only express them to my closest friends since I trust them to give me solid advice and that they will actually listen to what I have to say, or be polite in correcting me if my ideas are quite incorrect.

I thank you, which type do you think I am? I did the enneagram test and identified as a 9w1, 5w4, 2w3 tritype and my temperament is that of a phlegmatic-melancholic.
    Again the tests seem to indicate that I am either an INFJ or an INFP, but I was once mistaken for an INTJ.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFp

Interesting, perhaps I am an INFJ (that is what most of the tests say I am and until recently I was considered that type). I was just curious because I tend to be polite and discreet about my questioning. I was raised by a rather conservative ESFJ father and a conservative INFP mother and sheltered somewhat till I was 12 so perhaps that is influencing me.

Quote Originally Posted by Archaeologist View Post
    a 9w1, 5w4, 2w3 tritype and my temperament is that of a phlegmatic-melancholic.
    Again the tests seem to indicate that I am either an INFJ or an INFP, but I was once mistaken for an INTJ.
    9w1 = Si 5w4 = Ti 2w3 = Fe -> This might be Si-Fe-Ti = ISFJ

My most important values are obedience, polite courtesy, intellectualism, honesty, and helpfulness
    This can either be Ni-Fe or Si-Fe.

I repress my rather active imagination sometimes when I am around others and I try to act more serious and focused in the present and I try to maintain a calm and peaceful yet charming appearance towards others. I try to repress ideas that are threathening or challenging to the group I am socializing with and I privately explore those ideas on my own time and develop my conclusions quietly and privately and only express them to my closest friends since I trust them to give me solid advice and that they will actually listen to what I have to say, or be polite in correcting me if my ideas are quite incorrect.
    This is Ni-Fe or Si-Fe.

What irritates or causes you personal distress or anxiety IRL? What can't you seem to deal with and have trouble most?

Name one or two book, movie character or real person that you identify with or aspire to?

Could you post this test's results?

http://similarminds.com/test.html

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    9w1 = Si 5w4 = Ti 2w3 = Fe -> This might be Si-Fe-Ti = ISFJ

Could you post this test's results?

Free Enneagram Personality Test

No. This is wrong. I am not going to waste my time explaing why because you aready know why, but enneagram DOES NOT = MBTI functions or type.

[MOD EDIT by uumlau]
    Last edited by uumlau; 06-03-2014 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Keeping discussion on topic, removing off-topic bickering
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari