• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFJ or INFP type

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I do not identify with the woman that you described, I do not have my base experience as being composed of unraveling intagible thoughts and ideas. I think i am actually an ISFJ, since i am a fairly past oriented and traditional person. I love to reflect a lot and use my past experiences to guide my actions and then I seek to merge witha group. The reason i didn't identify with the ISFJ description is because i am not really a home maker type of person per se, but I love to study the past and see how it affects the present and I like to learn and gather knowledge as well. I do not have a grand vision of how things should be ideally though and I plan and use my current resources to achieve goals that are realistically feasible, I thought I used intution but actually, it was deep reflection of the past that I used in order to make plans for the future. I identify with the caring aspect of INFJ's and I identify with the knowledge seeking aspect, but I tend to seek knowledge to deposit and store it for use in future situations and for amusement and to help others. One of my life goals is to learn and gather knowledge and then use thatknowledge to help others that i care for. I practiced being a counselor as a summer job and I enjoyed that job a great deal since I was able to help other people. I am volunteering as a docent at a nearby historical site and giving tours of the site to locals and telling them about facts and details of the site. One of my dream jobs, before I decided to change based on resource issues was to become an archaeiologist and travel to other countries and examine those sites. I read and did research on the career of an archaeologist and I decided that i want to postpone that goal since they tend to make very little money and live in conditions that I am unsure I want to spend a lot of time in. I am considering instead studying international studies or geography and learning practical information about how to interact in other cultures and how to relate to them and understand them and perhaps get a job working in an international organization where I can do something practical to help other nations and my own understand each other better. I also enjoy studying about economics and enjoy playing strategy games and city builder games where i take the resources that I have and use those to develop my city and make it prosper and trade successfully and I find those as entertaining simulations of the kind of work I could actually see myself doing in 10-15 years possibly. Although I also am interested in being a missionary and providing practical care to others abroad, but I want to go on a trip abroad to a mission field before I confirm my decision (gather some form of experience to refer to in order to come to an effective and conclusive decision).

I guess after some deep reflection and thought from the questions I have been asked, I can be confident in saying that I am an ISFJ, an imaginative ISFJ and a rather intellectual ISFJ, but still an ISFJ all the same. I think that is reasonable, so I am a type 9w1 5w4 2w3 ISFJ, I think that is a very reasonable and well supported conclusion based on reflection and taking into consideration the interests and facts that I know about myself.

Thank you all for helping me officially come to this conclusion..

Ooh..

S

Society

one of the best and swiftest typological self analysis i've seen IMO. thumbs up :)

and welcome to typoC.

Cygnus

I do not identify with the woman that you described, I do not have my base experience as being composed of unraveling intagible thoughts and ideas. I think i am actually an ISFJ, since i am a fairly past oriented and traditional person. I love to reflect a lot and use my past experiences to guide my actions and then I seek to merge witha group. The reason i didn't identify with the ISFJ description is because i am not really a home maker type of person per se, but I love to study the past and see how it affects the present and I like to learn and gather knowledge as well. I do not have a grand vision of how things should be ideally though and I plan and use my current resources to achieve goals that are realistically feasible, I thought I used intution but actually, it was deep reflection of the past that I used in order to make plans for the future. I identify with the caring aspect of INFJ's and I identify with the knowledge seeking aspect, but I tend to seek knowledge to deposit and store it for use in future situations and for amusement and to help others. One of my life goals is to learn and gather knowledge and then use thatknowledge to help others that i care for. I practiced being a counselor as a summer job and I enjoyed that job a great deal since I was able to help other people. I am volunteering as a docent at a nearby historical site and giving tours of the site to locals and telling them about facts and details of the site. One of my dream jobs, before I decided to change based on resource issues was to become an archaeiologist and travel to other countries and examine those sites. I read and did research on the career of an archaeologist and I decided that i want to postpone that goal since they tend to make very little money and live in conditions that I am unsure I want to spend a lot of time in. I am considering instead studying international studies or geography and learning practical information about how to interact in other cultures and how to relate to them and understand them and perhaps get a job working in an international organization where I can do something practical to help other nations and my own understand each other better. I also enjoy studying about economics and enjoy playing strategy games and city builder games where i take the resources that I have and use those to develop my city and make it prosper and trade successfully and I find those as entertaining simulations of the kind of work I could actually see myself doing in 10-15 years possibly. Although I also am interested in being a missionary and providing practical care to others abroad, but I want to go on a trip abroad to a mission field before I confirm my decision (gather some form of experience to refer to in order to come to an effective and conclusive decision).

I guess after some deep reflection and thought from the questions I have been asked, I can be confident in saying that I am an ISFJ, an imaginative ISFJ and a rather intellectual ISFJ, but still an ISFJ all the same. I think that is reasonable, so I am a type 9w1 5w4 2w3 ISFJ, I think that is a very reasonable and well supported conclusion based on reflection and taking into consideration the interests and facts that I know about myself.

Thank you all for helping me officially come to this conclusion..

Past/future orientation plays no real part in the Ni/Si dichotomy. Both of them are simultaneously past- and future-oriented. They’re both Pi, Introverted Perception, which means your image of the world will be permanently grounded in your head and not based on external experiences in any form. Because of this, Pi connects the past and future and eliminates the barrier of real-time, making all of your personal perceptions one continuous stream unaffected by the pace of reality.

As an IxxP you would be guided predominantly by a Ji (Introverted Judgment) function. Your decisions and values would be grounded internally rather than in reality and you would spent most of your life contemplating your inner doctrines, be it a Ti logical doctrine or an Fi moral code.

To differentiate between Ni and Si, find out how you place value on events. How do you see your internal world? Can you look at an inanimate object and, just by looking at it, connect it to where it began in the past, what it’s doing now in the present, where it will end up in the future? Can you see its whole life cycle, different versions of it for different circumstances or places, even powerful emotions or abstract concepts all associated with the imagery of this single object?
That is Si. It is not about “KarING aBOuT teH DeETales, sOcIAl rOOlz, HeaR anD NoW, tRaDitioN.” That’s a fallacy.

Or do you read several books over a long period of months, watch movies, all in completely unrelated settings, yet ultimately with underlying “flow” and process that connects them, a specific type of structure that they all have in common even if none of the details point it out? Do you think in sequence of events? Do you take a fundamental sequence of events and translate this formula to any timeline or structure you can think of? Do certain similar, yet seemingly disparate patterns ring a bell to you? Do you immerse yourself in a complex series of mental patterns?
If so, this is probably Ni. Be wary of my description, as my word choice makes it sound like Ti.