User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 19

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    8

    Default confirm my personality type?

    Hi! I'm new here, and I'm wondering if I could possibly have a hand in figuring out what my type really is. I've got mine narrowed down to three possibilities but I figured since y'all more experienced I'd come here. Thanks in advance!

    I've consistently either tested as a INTJ with online questionnaires or as an INFJ via cognitive functions. However, when I was younger (~10) I was tested as an INFP. I don't see the INFP cognitive function stack reflective of my nature though, and it's hard for me to identify with that type. I haven't ruled it out completely unless there's substantial evidence against me being infp.

    Some information about me that could be helpful? I'm not sure if I'm a developed intj, infj, or infp.

    - people around me are surprised when I tell them I'm introverted because they think I'm sociable. I am definitely introverted because I work in a severely extroverted environment and I get drained by the end of five hours.

    - I like discussing theory and musing about the world. I see the big picture with close friends of mine and we can easily summize world issues into one or two human traits

    - I'm more of the "get it done" type of person (type A personality) but I slack off if I'm not invested in the task

    - I like having a set plan whenever I do things but I'm not too anal if they change as long as I know in advance and could replan

    - I'm interested in programming, but getting into the details, I'm not fond of. I like science but not the hard sciences. Physics, I like most from all of them. I was a business major in college but I disliked the materialistic perspectives they had going on. I'm now studying environment geography and I have a goal to work for international development organizations. I'm now much happier.

    - I'm a quiet leader I think, and people come to me for help all the time? I've learned to put my needs first or else I don't get anything else done. One point though, is that while I like helping people they usually end up frustrating me? I ran a couple clubs back in high school and took all the IT courses available. Ran a business or two, and was set on being an entrepreneur. Wasn't a high achiever, but I did what I needed to do.

    - I can be very sarcastic, biting, witty, and blunt. I'm independent (or I'd like to think so).

    Any comments or ideas, about my type? Thanks, I'm just quite confused.

  2. #2
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Could you do this please?

    http://similarminds.com/test.html

  3. #3
    I could do things Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    7,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    Could you do this please?

    http://similarminds.com/test.html
    PSA: Enneagram results aren't going to tell you anything substantiating about MBTI type.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari


  4. #4
    ndovjtjcaqidthi
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Panrue View Post
    I am definitely introverted because I work in a severely extroverted environment and I get drained by the end of five hours.
    Hmm..

  5. #5
    Infinite Bubble
    Guest

    Default

    Say ENxJ if you want, @Evee.

  6. #6
    Infinite Bubble
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    Could you do this please?

    http://similarminds.com/test.html
    Too bad that test is even worse than the typology itself.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    Could you do this please?

    http://similarminds.com/test.html
    I did an Enneagram test and typed as 1w9, if that helped. I'm not in the mood right now to do another test, but I might do so tonight or something.

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    Say ENxJ if you want, @Evee.
    May I ask how you reached ENxJ from what I wrote? Just trying to pry a bit, that is all. I've never felt I'm an extrovert, but I could understand how people often fall onto different ranges on the introvert-extrovert spectrum. To me, extroversion is a learned trait, lol.

    If it helps, my cognitive functions are ranked like this:
    Se: 19.7
    Si: 28.9
    Ne: 23.9
    Ni: 35.2
    Te: 30
    Ti: 34.8
    Fe: 32.1
    Fi: 35.8

  8. #8
    Infinite Bubble
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Panrue View Post
    May I ask how you reached ENxJ from what I wrote? Just trying to pry a bit, that is all. I've never felt I'm an extrovert, but I could understand how people often fall onto different ranges on the introvert-extrovert spectrum. To me, extroversion is a learned trait, lol.

    If it helps, my cognitive functions are ranked like this:
    Se: 19.7
    Si: 28.9
    Ne: 23.9
    Ni: 35.2
    Te: 30
    Ti: 34.8
    Fe: 32.1
    Fi: 35.8
    No, I don't think you are that... best fit appears to be INTJ. Just don't be one of those wannabes that starts to become a self-fulfilling prophecy as they begin to play chess too much and staring at people until they're turned to stone.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    No, I don't think you are that... best fit appears to be INTJ. Just don't be one of those wannabes that starts to become a self-fulfilling prophecy as they begin to play chess too much and staring at people until they're turned to stone.
    Haha, good. If I was an ENxJ I'd have an identity crisis, no joke lol. Would you say then I'm a more developed INTJ compared to the INTJs I know in real life? I'm just looking at my Fi, and it's substantially high. Perhaps it's got to do with the fact I'm a girl and have been pressured to act within societal norms? Heck, I'm not even sure anymore.

    Chess was never my thing, lol. So you don't need to worry about that bit. I'm skeptical about INTJ mostly because I'm a girl, and I read about how female INTJs are rather rare, but it can't be all like what people proclaim INTJ females to be? lol

    It's just that

    - I can empathize with others just fine
    - I don't agree with some of the mentalities other INTJs I know in real life have
    - I don't believe in "ends justify the means" which said INTJs seem to uphold
    - I'm not interested in hard sciences, which INTJs apparently are brilliant at?

    Maybe that's just a stereotype, but those are the few points that make me doubt I'm an actual INTJ lol.

  10. #10
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    Hmm..
    Thing that caught my eye, as well.

    Mind-mates.

Similar Threads

  1. ISTJ, INTJ, or ISFJ: What Is My Personality Type?
    By LavenderSoda in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-17-2015, 01:42 AM
  2. Ask me questions to help discover my personality type.
    By Faux Pas in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-30-2014, 04:50 PM
  3. Guess what? Uncertain of my personality type(probably not the best english)
    By Rajko in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-19-2014, 06:18 AM
  4. Can someone confirm my personality type?
    By Liberty in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-29-2012, 09:19 PM
  5. Help: Please guess my personality type
    By MicahMischief in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-30-2011, 09:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO