Hi! I'm new here, and I'm wondering if I could possibly have a hand in figuring out what my type really is. I've got mine narrowed down to three possibilities but I figured since y'all more experienced I'd come here. Thanks in advance!
I've consistently either tested as a INTJ with online questionnaires or as an INFJ via cognitive functions. However, when I was younger (~10) I was tested as an INFP. I don't see the INFP cognitive function stack reflective of my nature though, and it's hard for me to identify with that type. I haven't ruled it out completely unless there's substantial evidence against me being infp.
Some information about me that could be helpful? I'm not sure if I'm a developed intj, infj, or infp.
- people around me are surprised when I tell them I'm introverted because they think I'm sociable. I am definitely introverted because I work in a severely extroverted environment and I get drained by the end of five hours.
- I like discussing theory and musing about the world. I see the big picture with close friends of mine and we can easily summize world issues into one or two human traits
- I'm more of the "get it done" type of person (type A personality) but I slack off if I'm not invested in the task
- I like having a set plan whenever I do things but I'm not too anal if they change as long as I know in advance and could replan
- I'm interested in programming, but getting into the details, I'm not fond of. I like science but not the hard sciences. Physics, I like most from all of them. I was a business major in college but I disliked the materialistic perspectives they had going on. I'm now studying environment geography and I have a goal to work for international development organizations. I'm now much happier.
- I'm a quiet leader I think, and people come to me for help all the time? I've learned to put my needs first or else I don't get anything else done. One point though, is that while I like helping people they usually end up frustrating me? I ran a couple clubs back in high school and took all the IT courses available. Ran a business or two, and was set on being an entrepreneur. Wasn't a high achiever, but I did what I needed to do.
- I can be very sarcastic, biting, witty, and blunt. I'm independent (or I'd like to think so).
Any comments or ideas, about my type? Thanks, I'm just quite confused.