User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by pfninja View Post
    Exactly. With my definition of shyness, im not shy.

I'm still open to hearing more people's opinions of whether im introverted or extroverted
    yeah I said you weren't shy in the first place.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    yeah I said you weren't shy in the first place.
    Silentmusings said i could be shy; i was replying to her. I should've used quotes.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

Well you're right. I'm not able to pay attention to a lot of things due to my ADD (self diagnosed). But i still think that i might be an extrovert in the sense that if i knew a lot about a lot of things and had lots of interesting stories, i have no doubt that i would behave like an extrovert, generally speaking.

Most of the tests i took say im an istj
    So do you relate to this: "I also think extraverts like to talk to several different people, or talk to someone and then move on and switch to talking to someone else and so on. Does that sort of socializing pattern energize you?"

I thought I was introverted for a long time. I'm mostly quiet when I'm in conversations with other people. This is not due to nervousness though. It's just I don't know what to say. If I always knew what to say I know I will be very talkative.

So I started questioning whether I was really introverted. I'm very talkative if I'm familiar with the subject of the conversation, but I look like an idiot if I'm not familiar.

With regards to where I get my energy, I get energy when the conversation goes really well. But if I make a big social fau pax, it drains my energy and I have to be alone.

If I knew what to say most of the time I would be going out a lot and talking to everyone.

Do you guys think I'm an introvert or extrovert?
    Introvert. You do not (or cannot) dominate your environment. You can engage if you have something in your internal reserves to contribute to the issue at thand.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    Introvert. You do not (or cannot) dominate your environment. You can engage if you have something in your internal reserves to contribute to the issue at thand.
    Sounds like a pretty good distinction here!

Btw what is it when I sometimes engage because I want to have influence over stuff when I'm actually interested? The thing is just that a lot of time I just can't be bothered about shit, I mean I usually don't get involved in the socializing shit. But I'm also not just a follower of whatever someone else decides if that affects me so that requires me to get engaged with people, to influence where things go, what I get out of it etc. And I actually enjoy engaging in this way. Call it domination according to your definition but it's not for social goals.

I sometimes enjoy socializing itself though. Talking and other interaction with people for the sake of interaction can be pretty fine in short bursts. It makes me enlivened temporarily*. I only really get interested though if the topic we are talking about or the thing we are doing is something that I'm interested in and that's because it's a topic about something I've already analysed to death. There's Ti for you

*: and maybe call that Fe-DS in socionics but I dunno

Quote Originally Posted by infinite View Post
    Sounds like a pretty good distinction here!

Btw what is it when I sometimes engage because I want to have influence over stuff when I'm actually interested? The thing is just that a lot of time I just can't be bothered about shit, I mean I usually don't get involved in the socializing shit. But I'm also not just a follower of whatever someone else decides if that affects me so that requires me to get engaged with people, to influence where things go, what I get out of it etc. And I actually enjoy engaging in this way. Call it domination according to your definition but it's not for social goals.

I sometimes enjoy socializing itself though. Talking and other interaction with people for the sake of interaction can be pretty fine in short bursts. It makes me enlivened temporarily*. I only really get interested though if the topic we are talking about or the thing we are doing is something that I'm interested in and that's because it's a topic about something I've already analysed to death. There's Ti for you

*: and maybe call that Fe-DS in socionics but I dunno
    In extraverts I guess the thing to control their environment is some kind of a compulsion to soothe their fears and feel safe.

The "I am laid back and will go with the flow but will speak my mind when it matters" thing may be more like introversion. The auxiliary function determines how that control manifests in those cases I guess..

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    89?

So I started questioning whether I was really introverted. I'm very talkative if I'm familiar with the subject of the conversation, but I look like an idiot if I'm not familiar.
    Do you guys think I'm an introvert or extrovert?
    Definitely Introvert. Being introvert doesn't make you unable to have long deep discussions with people. Or rather you become more extroverted with familiar people/topics

well said. 2 Es could possibly even have problems since both want to dominate the conversation and express themselves as prior thing.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

In extraverts I guess the thing to control their environment is some kind of a compulsion to soothe their fears and feel safe.

The "I am laid back and will go with the flow but will speak my mind when it matters" thing may be more like introversion. The auxiliary function determines how that control manifests in those cases I guess..
    Uh. When I said I can't be bothered with shit it doesn't mean I go with the flow. I simply don't engage so there is no flow to go with. This is because I know very well if I like an environment or I don't. If I don't, I will be like this.

As for the desire to control the environment, I don't see it as related to any fears in my case - though I'll admit I didn't analyse this very deep - , it's more like I want things and I get frustrated and angry if I don't get them the way I want. On the surface it's definitely like this anyway. Sure now if you say that deeper analysis maybe would show related fears, well I don't know. All this crazy psychoanalysis is not my thing

Anyhow.. that wanting of things is something you'd call pretty compulsive. Because I get so angry if I don't have things my way. Maybe an enneagram thing and not related to I/E.

PS: As for "crazy psychoanalysis", it's like this, I'm pretty skeptical of some ideas and conclusions in it, like, people see crazy things into things where there aren't any of those things. But, sometimes it makes sense. Sorta.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Agnes View Post
    Definitely Introvert. Being introvert doesn't make you unable to have long deep discussions with people. Or rather you become more extroverted with familiar people/topics
    I think that latter sentence is well put. I relate

well said. 2 Es could possibly even have problems since both want to dominate the conversation and express themselves as prior thing.
    I can do that when I'm interested

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    89?

Quote Originally Posted by infinite View Post
    I think that latter sentence is well put. I relate
    You know what, everybody is an introvert and extrovert, but it depends which one dominates. In your case I would say I. I, myself can be very extremely introverted, but overall I am more extroverted.