1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
2. Study these two images here and here. Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?
Definitely the first one, it is so much more expansive, dramatic and meaningful. I feel very small and kind of humbled in comparison to the stars, I also confess I thought about the Milky Way and how the various starts and systems they belong to relate, the patterns there are. Also it has a lot more meaning to me because I often sit at night in the spa at home looking up at the starts trying to connect them in my mind to some kind of mental map/pattern and equation. Wait. This is beginning to sound weird as fuck...
3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?
I am embarrassed to say it but I am still an undergraduate student at uni, have never needed to look for a job so have never had to write a cover letter before, so here I am just guessing. I would definitely try and gloss over any past successes/achievements I have had academically, my results from professionally administered intelligence tests, and the volunteer work I have done. Stuff like that is presumably information that might show me to be a better than average applicant? Again I'm not sure, I'd have to do some research...
4. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?
I am an amateur pianist and aspiring composer, I also hope to take up conducting next year when a course is offered in it. Basically I would love to be a successful composer and conductor like the great composers I look up to as role models. Failing freaks me out. Like it would be pretty much the end for me, I wouldn't know what to do, which is why whenever I start struggling i get really scared and worried, and have to try and do other things to keep the worries off my mind...
5. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?
I think people perceive me as quite a bit better than i am actually, if they knew what i was really like...how depressed i am, how physically and mentally sick I can be sometimes, my outbursts of anger, a whole range of things I have to constantly suppress simply to get by or I'd collapse into myself. It is really hard being a man having to fight all this because it is basically expected of you and there is no tolerance for struggling at all.
6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the Value Test and post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2.
Doing really well in my work, achieving my goals and finishing what I start. I am really desperate to make my ideas and dreams a reality that everyone will be able to see, then they will have to accept that I can do it and I will outlast everybody who has put me down. It is also really important for me to have support, so I view family as pretty important to my life and would really like a girlfriend who understood and didn't constantly ask questions and bitch, as well.
7. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?
I can't generally adapt pretty well but I am sick of having to do it, it is about time people started to adapt to me for once. The worst situation for me intermediate school where I went somewhere I didn't know, was completely isolated and never made any friends. It was a hellish time which I hated, couldn't stand and I have never forgotten...
8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
I will get angry, very, very angry, it bottles over and if the stress continues I will say and do something, sometimes unwisely. I have very low tolerance for shit. I don't want to talk about real life experience, I've said enough already.
9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
I am unusually happy and cheerful. I also start trying to help out other people and make sure that everyone else is in a good mood as well, like I'll help around the house a lot with family and keep an eye out with friends to see what I can do for them...
10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?
I hate being around large numbers of people, it makes me really uncomfortable and I want to get out of the situation ASAP. One on one interaction is much easier and I don't feel as threatened.
11. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?
My view is completely practical, i neither value tradition for the sake of tradition, or change for the sake of change. I come across as very conservative because at the moment society is making a number of social changes which i can tell wont work and are going to lead to serious bad shit in the long term. I have a lot of admiration for Western culture and my people's heritage, because I realise it represents the closest humanity has got to perfection aesthetically and feel proud that that is part of my heritage. But I don't have any respect for people until they demonstrate it.
12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?
I recognise the value and naturalness of a hierarchy theoretically, but despite this find it hard to feel comfortable working for authority figures I don't respect (most of them). I deal with it by telling myself that one day I will be in charge and will apply my own vision, but then of course I question myself as to whether that would actually be any different....
13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?
I admire order, structure, balance, symmetry, partly because they feel good and comforting to me and something to strive for. Chaos is interesting but disturbing is it lasts too long and is something to be resolved. In my daily life, you might find this interesting...it translates into my music. If anyone understands this ideas of consonance and dissonance, well dissonance represents the temporary tension/chaos - but it is always resolved. That's just one way...
14. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?
Not doing the best work I can, unfortunately this often leads to me procrastinating...
15. What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?
To achieve my goals with my work (which I have alluded to earlier), I also look for personal happiness with a mate and hopefully children someday. These desires don't come from one place in particular, it's pretty natural for people to want to achieve happiness.
16. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
Anything music related really, except writing essays heheh. Socialising, or talking about deep personal problems, drains me more than anything.
17. Why do you want to know your type? What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why? If you know your enneagram, please post this here. If you have done any online function tests such as the Keys2Cognition, it helps if you post these results here as well.
My K2C and Enneagram results are part of my signature for those who need prompting, but ignore the MyPersonality profile above those.
I 95% think I am an INTJ, obviously.
18. Finally, is there something else you find to be of importance you want to add about yourself you think might be of relevance when helping to type you?
I am 100% sure about being I and N, so you guys have only got two axes to look at. I will be pissed off if this last injunction is ignored as it shows you are incapable of reading and/or don't give a shit about the research I've done.