• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Other perspectives on my type.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
My work is abstract. I don't go into my art thinking "I'm trying to portray this," it just happens. But my artist statement is about connectivity and moments.

I think you are a perceiver. You don't work with structure you just start and see how it turns out. I often do it the same way when I am about to write some music. ISTPs are normally not shy. How strong is your use of Ne?

lue

I think you are a perceiver. You don't work with structure you just start and see how it turns out. I often do it the same way when I am about to write some music. ISTPs are normally not shy. How strong is your use of Ne?

Average use.

yeghor

Or, more realistically and truthfully, Se. The only insistence Ji produces is the insistence that the internal model is veritable and pure. Je insistence is to make others follow the framework absorbed from the environment. Se's insistence is self-assertion, sticking up for one's self and imposing one's will on others. "You don't bend for others" would, if actually used correctly, indicate the persistence of Se, to remain self-confident and to endure. Non-applicable to the Feeling function excepting the imposing of ethics on others (generally seen in Fx-Se mechanisms).

ISxP seems rather reasonable.

I've thought about this and come to the conclusion that Se rather tries to bend others to one's will... whereas Fe signifies an inclination to take others' preferences and desires into consideration.

I also get some sense of dormant Se from [MENTION=21486]lue[/MENTION]...which might be Se-aux. There's some kind of dormant attitude and temper.

lue

I've thought about this and come to the conclusion that Se rather tries to bend others to one's will... whereas Fe signifies an inclination to take others' preferences and desires into consideration.

I also get some sense of dormant Se from [MENTION=21486]lue[/MENTION]...which might be Se-aux. There's some kind of dormant attitude and temper.

what do you mean dormant attitude and temper?

yeghor

No worries.

There's something "off" in this thread, particularly in the way you started it..

You didn't provide that much material to work on to begin with and then asked alternative perspectives about your type..

Another thing that bothers me is that you said something like "feel free to ask questions". What is that supposed to mean? There's something off about it. It's as if you cannot be bothered to provide information and are expecting others to do the hard work of discovering who you really are. It feels as if you are expecting to be served.

Another thing is that it feels as if you have acquired some kind of opinion about your type from somewhere else and are now searching for another one to compare the two, like people do when they apply to doctors and say "I'll get another opinion".

So...I've lost enthusiasm in this until you decide to put more effort into this on your end.

lue

There's something "off" in this thread, particularly in the way you started it..

You didn't provide that much material to work on to begin with and then asked alternative perspectives about your type..

Another thing that bothers me is that you said something like "feel free to ask questions". What is that supposed to mean? There's something off about it. It's as if you cannot be bothered to provide information and are expecting others to do the hard work of discovering who you really are. It feels as if you are expecting to be served.

Another thing is that it feels as if you have acquired some kind of opinion about your type from somewhere else and are now searching for another one to compare the two, like people do when they apply to doctors and say "I'll get another opinion".

So...I've lost enthusiasm in this until you decide to put more effort into this on your end.

I got the idea from the alternative type thread. I didn't provide much material because I already know what my type is. I was trying to get other perspectives. I said in the beginning I knew it would be hard, but I wanted to see.

Feel free to ask questions means feel free to ask questions. I had and have no expectations. How did this get so deep all of a sudden? People say alternative types for people all the time, or is this incorrect?

I don't have an opinion, I know what it is.

If you feel like I'm asking to be served or your putting in hard work and I'm not, don't respond.

yeghor

I got the idea from the alternative type thread. I didn't provide much material because I already know what my type is. I was trying to get other perspectives. I said in the beginning I knew it would be hard, but I wanted to see.

Feel free to ask questions means feel free to ask questions. I had and have no expectations. How did this get so deep all of a sudden? People say alternative types for people all the time, or is this incorrect?

I don't have an opinion, I know what it is.

If you feel like I'm asking to be served or your putting in hard work and I'm not, don't respond.

Perspectives on what?

yeghor

Perspectives on my type.

But you are already certain of your type. So why ask for other perspectives if you have no doubt about it or your deduction? What is it that you really need to learn about?

Secondly, how did you come to a definite conclusion about your type? You provide us with some alternative perspectives please.

lue

But you are already certain of your type. So why ask for other perspectives if you have no doubt about it or your deduction? What is it that you really need to learn about?

Secondly, how did you come to a definite conclusion about your type? You provide us with some alternative perspectives please.

Your making this way more complicated then this needs to be. Just because I'm certain of something doesn't mean I don't want other perspectives. Why are you trying to attribute a motivation where there is none?

I didn't ask you to type me, I asked for other perspectives.

I don't have any other perspectives, for one, I know my type, and two, if I had other perspectives I wouldn't be asking for other perspectives.

This is what I think happened--you've made some assumption about me because I don't want to take your test for the second time, which leads you to believe I'm set some sort of way. Somehow that's turned into I'm asking you to do hard work and serve me.

And everything you've responded with has had to do with an attitude or making someone bend to my will, which is fine, as observations go, but not ok, if you're saying this because I don't want to take your test or I'm not asking for perspectives the way you think I should.

1. I asked for other perspectives on my type, I didn't say type me.

2. I said I understand it would be hard with my lack of posts.

3. I gave more information about myself (trying to keep things that have to do with my type out of the picture--this is why I didn't give info in the first place).

What about this is so hard?

Jinn

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I don't have any other perspectives, for one, I know my type, and two, if I had other perspectives I wouldn't be asking for other perspectives.
It's hilarious :popc1:

other perspectives
What is your definition of other perspectives?

What about this is so hard?
You are.