User Tag List

View Poll Results: Enneatype of Alea_iacta_est

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1w9

    1 8.33%
  • 1w2

    0 0%
  • 2w1 (You're an idiot)

    0 0%
  • 2w3 (You're an idiot)

    1 8.33%
  • 3w2

    0 0%
  • 3w4

    1 8.33%
  • 4w3

    0 0%
  • 4w5

    1 8.33%
  • 5w4

    1 8.33%
  • 5w6

    4 33.33%
  • 6w5

    2 16.67%
  • 6w7

    0 0%
  • 7w6

    0 0%
  • 7w8

    0 0%
  • 8w7

    0 0%
  • 8w9

    0 0%
  • 9w8

    0 0%
  • 9w1

    1 8.33%
123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 29

  1. #1
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default Enneatype me, Go.

    Polls are excellent.

    Instinctual variants are welcome as well.

  2. #2
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Well you're not an idiot, so that rules out enneagram 2. Haha.

    I'm interested in why you chose E8,5, and 1 in the past. Maybe we can plot out a pattern between them, and since they're all of the same system, we can arrive at a conclusion with less uncertainty.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Well you're not an idiot, so that rules out enneagram 2. Haha.

    I'm interested in why you chose E8,5, and 1 in the past. Maybe we can plot out a pattern between them, and since they're all of the same system, we can arrive at a conclusion with less uncertainty.
    I typed at 8 due to the fact that I thought I was too extroverted to be a 5 (I was wrong), and shared the worldview that the world is survival of the fittest and that vengeance is holy. 8-5 line seemed reasonable.

    Mal's explanation for 1 seemed to fit rather well, so I'm interested how many people will vote 1w9. For some reason, however, I think 9w1 would be a better fit than that.

    5, of course, is the easiest. I always test as it in every single enneagram test, and I fit with it rather well. 5's integration to 8 aligns quite nicely.

    But of course, the majority vote shall determine it. Or the strongest argument.

    (Also, the 'You're an Idiot' refers to anyone who would think about clicking it, I didn't think it would be interpreted as the poll-taker calling me an idiot, lol)

  4. #4
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    I typed at 8 due to the fact that I thought I was too extroverted to be a 5 (I was wrong), and shared the worldview that the world is survival of the fittest and that vengeance is holy. 8-5 line seemed reasonable.

    Mal's explanation for 1 seemed to fit rather well, so I'm interested how many people will vote 1w9. For some reason, however, I think 9w1 would be a better fit than that.

    5, of course, is the easiest. I always test as it in every single enneagram test, and I fit with it rather well. 5's integration to 8 aligns quite nicely.

    But of course, the majority vote shall determine it. Or the strongest argument.

    (Also, the 'You're an Idiot' refers to anyone who would think about clicking it, I didn't think it would be interpreted as the poll-taker calling me an idiot, lol)
    So I'm gathering that you're somewhere between introversion and ambiversion, but more introverted nonetheless. Veering into 4,5,9 territory. Your tritype would heavily correspond...

    I said your vocabulary is full of "should"s because it seems like you've wanted to devise "omni-theories" that include elements from most of the systems we use here. So you have a level of dissatisfaction with them - or at least the way their implemented. Maybe this ties into your lack of certainty about your own type. But that's neither here nor there.

    On one hand, the desire to reform the theory - or how we look at it - seems 1-ish, but it's only truly 1-ish if you feel an almost self-evident sense of what is right and good. On the other, it seems 5-ish in the sense that it's iconoclastic. 5s act out a small "revolt" against conventional ways of thinking, developing new theories defined by the context of the convention and their own reasoning. In a way, I heavily associate 5s, and 4s for that matter, with the subconscious - they're driven by thoughts and feelings that are so uniquely anterior. So anterior, so native, in fact, that they easily distance themselves from those starting points. They may make a game out of their thoughts and feelings because they have a sense that, as adept as they are with them, they would have nothing to lose by openly toying around with them.

    I don't see that kind of playfulness in you. Maybe I simply don't know you well enough, but it's led me to feel you're more of a 1. The playfulness of a 1 tends to revolve around the absurdity of something so "wrong" that it's obviously not even intended to be "right". Would you say this is true for you? The whole "survival of the fittest" inclination leans more toward the head-fix or the gut-fix than it does the heart-fix, IMO. Though, frankly, even though I am a 4, I once partially defined myself by Darwinist biases to distance myself from dependency on others.

  5. #5
    ndovjtjcaqidthi
    Guest

    Default

    ENTJ 6w5
    LIE-Ni

  6. #6
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    So I'm gathering that you're somewhere between introversion and ambiversion, but more introverted nonetheless. Veering into 4,5,9 territory. Your tritype would heavily correspond...

    I said your vocabulary is full of "should"s because it seems like you've wanted to devise "omni-theories" that include elements from most of the systems we use here. So you have a level of dissatisfaction with them - or at least the way their implemented. Maybe this ties into your lack of certainty about your own type. But that's neither here nor there.

    On one hand, the desire to reform the theory - or how we look at it - seems 1-ish, but it's only truly 1-ish if you feel an almost self-evident sense of what is right and good. On the other, it seems 5-ish in the sense that it's iconoclastic. 5s act out a small "revolt" against conventional ways of thinking, developing new theories defined by the context of the convention and their own reasoning. In a way, I heavily associate 5s, and 4s for that matter, with the subconscious - they're driven by thoughts and feelings that are so uniquely anterior. So anterior, so native, in fact, that they easily distance themselves from those starting points. They may make a game out of their thoughts and feelings because they have a sense that, as adept as they are with them, they would have nothing to lose by openly toying around with them.

    I don't see that kind of playfulness in you. Maybe I simply don't know you well enough, but it's led me to feel you're more of a 1. The playfulness of a 1 tends to revolve around the absurdity of something so "wrong" that it's obviously not even intended to be "right". Would you say this is true for you? The whole "survival of the fittest" inclination leans more toward the head-fix or the gut-fix than it does the heart-fix, IMO. Though, frankly, even though I am a 4, I once partially defined myself by Darwinist biases to distance myself from dependency on others.
    Interesting. I guess my playfulness does sort of revolve around moral absurdity. Makes me seem stupid for typing as a 7 before though, if I do really appear absent of playfulness. My friends would definitely say that my sense of humor revolves around the morally absurd. One of my good friends actually believed I was extremely racist based on some of the jokes I have made before, but I'm not, I simply know what's wrong and how to make it so wrong that it is humorous.

    I'm almost certain that I have both the 5 and 1 fix now, and I'm more inclined to say 5 may be ahead from 1 simply because I'm not one for mobilizing into action often, and am extraordinarily lazy and unorganized for the most part (I call it anarchic organization). Though the iconoclastic rebellion seems more in line with me as well.

    My omni-theories are simply my personal view of the grand design that can be created from weaving systems, with heavy emphasis on the combination of the Beebe Model, Jungian Cognitive Functions, and Socionics into one beautiful pattern that can be so generalized as to be easily applicable to the whole population without specifying and convuluting function definitions. I guess it is 'cause' like in a 1-ish way, in that I am entirely confident that the pattern is perfect, but it would also be 5 like due to my disregard for conventional notions about type.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    ENTJ 6w5
    LIE-Ni
    I'm probably not so or sx lead, and I'm pretty sure I'm neither a Prussian nor Counter-phobic 6. I'm definitely not a Phobic 6.

    Also, I'm an irrational type, that much is set in stone. I am much too engrossed in my inner world to be Te leading, I prefer the expression of my inner mechanics through creative Te, the implementation of my inner ideas and dynamic pattern assessment in external systems to redesign them and manipulate them.

  8. #8
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Interesting. I guess my playfulness does sort of revolve around moral absurdity. Makes me seem stupid for typing as a 7 before though, if I do really appear absent of playfulness. My friends would definitely say that my sense of humor revolves around the morally absurd. One of my good friends actually believed I was extremely racist based on some of the jokes I have made before, but I'm not, I simply know what's wrong and how to make it so wrong that it is humorous.

    I'm almost certain that I have both the 5 and 1 fix now, and I'm more inclined to say 5 may be ahead from 1 simply because I'm not one for mobilizing into action often, and am extraordinarily lazy and unorganized for the most part (I call it anarchic organization). Though the iconoclastic rebellion seems more in line with me as well.

    My omni-theories are simply my personal view of the grand design that can be created from weaving systems, with heavy emphasis on the combination of the Beebe Model, Jungian Cognitive Functions, and Socionics into one beautiful pattern that can be so generalized as to be easily applicable to the whole population without specifying and convuluting function definitions. I guess it is 'cause' like in a 1-ish way, in that I am entirely confident that the pattern is perfect, but it would also be 5 like due to my disregard for conventional notions about type.
    I'm starting to lean toward 5 as well, but for reasons that may not necessarily rule out 6. What do you think about 6?

    EDIT: No need to answer now that you've responded to Evee's post.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    I'm starting to lean toward 5 as well, but for reasons that may not necessarily rule out 6. What do you think about 6?
    I wouldn't consider myself a Phobic 6 at all. Too fearless/unworried. I wouldn't consider myself a Counter-phobic 6 either. Too careful/self-preservatory. I might buy Prussian, but I really don't think I'm so first.

    I'm not really fearful at all, I'm simply aware of the dangers and know how to steer clear of them. The only paranoia I can really say I have is interpersonal, but even then I really don't care excepting the selective few who act abnormally.

  10. #10

    Default

    5 makes sense, as Go is five in Japanese.

Similar Threads

  1. [Tri] Enneatype Me Immediately
    By asynartetic in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-11-2014, 08:14 PM
  2. Alright, people, enneatype me.
    By Amargith in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-01-2014, 04:26 PM
  3. Enneatype Me!
    By Lysethe in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-27-2011, 02:23 PM
  4. [INFJ] INFJ Movie - Never Let Me Go
    By MrRandom in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-05-2011, 11:06 AM
  5. Next challenge: Enneatype me!
    By Such Irony in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-28-2011, 09:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO