• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Enneatype me, Go.

Enneatype of Alea_iacta_est

• 1w9

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 1w2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2w1 (You're an idiot)

• 2w3 (You're an idiot)

• 3w2

• 3w4

• 4w3

• 4w5

• 5w4

• 5w6

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • 6w5

• 6w7

• 7w6

• 7w8

• 8w7

• 8w9

• 9w8

• 9w1

• Total voters

Alea_iacta_est

I could still see you as an 8.

However, I am wondering what you think of being an sp/sx 3w4? You mentioned your low activity level, which would appear to rule it out, but I'm interested in your thoughts anyway.

Also, what are your thoughts on being a 5? I see you gathering lots of data and trying to come to some sort of "elegant solution" to understand humanity, which is reminiscent of the way 5s process. Especially when you add your anxiety regarding interacting interpersonally, I could easily see a case for it.

I'm more inclined toward Type 5. It was my original typing when I first learned about the system (though w4, I believe). My 'elegant solution' I guess would be very 5 like, as I enjoy the grand patchwork I have been weaving between JCF and Socionics as being a mechanical, technical, detached way to understand people and their motivations, sort of eliminating the pesky human element in favor of the objective mechanism that can be generally applied without straying from concrete reality.

As for 3w4, I have an almost abysmal work ethic for things I am uninterested in. I'm afraid of failure, but not in the specific way that it manifests in the 3, I believe. I'm more afraid of being wrong, and being inferior in regards to others. I need to be above or on-par with virtually everyone I know so that I can fuel an almost delusional sense that I am somehow greater. The problem is, I don't put forth effort toward self-actualization, due to how rather lethargic I am. In that sense, I identify with 9's sloth, that my own laziness is my own worst enemy, fighting me at every turn.

[MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION], I wonder if that would be more indicative of the 5 to remain impersonally detached from people like I apparently do here. I sort of do this in my own life, as well, keep everything distanced so that cords can be severed if need be.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm more inclined toward Type 5. It was my original typing when I first learned about the system (though w4, I believe). My 'elegant solution' I guess would be very 5 like, as I enjoy the grand patchwork I have been weaving between JCF and Socionics as being a mechanical, technical, detached way to understand people and their motivations, sort of eliminating the pesky human element in favor of the objective mechanism that can be generally applied without straying from concrete reality.

As for 3w4, I have an almost abysmal work ethic for things I am uninterested in. I'm afraid of failure, but not in the specific way that it manifests in the 3, I believe. I'm more afraid of being wrong, and being inferior in regards to others. I need to be above or on-par with virtually everyone I know so that I can fuel an almost delusional sense that I am somehow greater. The problem is, I don't put forth effort toward self-actualization, due to how rather lethargic I am. In that sense, I identify with 9's sloth, that my own laziness is my own worst enemy, fighting me at every turn.
Hmm...well what you say about fearing being inferior to others and needing to be above or on-par with virtually everyone is actually reminiscent of the narcissism of 7.

Keep in mind that 5s are very emotionally detached--this is their defense. They separate from emotions and really cannot process them till they're alone. Their lives often revolve around the acquisition of knowledge, accumulating it, storing it, and compartmentalizing it. They specialize more and more, acquiring ever-increasingly arcane details. Just to give a contrast to 7, they are very synthetic in their thinking, believing their ideas and ability to see things in new ways are what make them "gifted". They're less prone to specialization, more prone to combining ideas in new ways. Does either of these sound like your process?

Alea_iacta_est

Hmm...well what you say about fearing being inferior to others and needing to be above or on-par with virtually everyone is actually reminiscent of the narcissism of 7.

Keep in mind that 5s are very emotionally detached--this is their defense. They separate from emotions and really cannot process them till they're alone. Their lives often revolve around the acquisition of knowledge, accumulating it, storing it, and compartmentalizing it. They specialize more and more, acquiring ever-increasingly arcane details. Just to give a contrast to 7, they are very synthetic in their thinking, believing their ideas and ability to see things in new ways are what make them "gifted". They're less prone to specialization, more prone to combining ideas in new ways. Does either of these sound like your process?

The 7's process seems fairly familiar, but I would question whether that process is indicative of any one type, excepting the less prone to specialization. I do tend to specialize in things, and I often specialize in specific areas while leaving several other areas completely behind. Primarily the source of my narcissistic edge seems to be from me thinking that I do have the potential and power to succeed in every area I put my mind to, and that failure to do so is not just 'failure', but an undervaluing of innate ability, that I am incapable of succeeding in an area, and that off-puts me. My need to be on par or above average solely resides itself in intellectual pursuits, however, as I did not think I made that clear.

I'm extremely emotionally detached, apparently. I didn't even notice it at all until my friends realized it, that I really do not show that much emotion at all (which surprised me, I thought I did). I often find myself trying to logically analyze my own emotional state and rationalize* the dynamic circumstances that cause some of my emotions.

*rationalize as in calculate, I guess. I exploit logical systems to bring me some sort of analytic comfort as my emotions rise. Sometimes, in feelings such as dread, I even use empirical facts to show myself that the circumstance that lead to dread was almost inevitable, and I have even justified my emotions with them. Can empiricism and logic be coping mechanisms for negative emotions?

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The 7's process seems fairly familiar, but I would question whether that process is indicative of any one type, excepting the less prone to specialization. I do tend to specialize in things, and I often specialize in specific areas while leaving several other areas completely behind. Primarily the source of my narcissistic edge seems to be from me thinking that I do have the potential and power to succeed in every area I put my mind to, and that failure to do so is not just 'failure', but an undervaluing of innate ability, that I am incapable of succeeding in an area, and that off-puts me. My need to be on par or above average solely resides itself in intellectual pursuits, however, as I did not think I made that clear.

I'm extremely emotionally detached, apparently. I didn't even notice it at all until my friends realized it, that I really do not show that much emotion at all (which surprised me, I thought I did). I often find myself trying to logically analyze my own emotional state and rationalize* the dynamic circumstances that cause some of my emotions.

*rationalize as in calculate, I guess. I exploit logical systems to bring me some sort of analytic comfort as my emotions rise. Sometimes, in feelings such as dread, I even use empirical facts to show myself that the circumstance that lead to dread was almost inevitable, and I have even justified my emotions with them. Can empiricism and logic be coping mechanisms for negative emotions?
I think you are a head type. Yes, empiricism and logic are coping mechanisms for negative emotions in many cases, particularly with head types. Let us know when you make your final determination.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
Didn't have time to properly focus on this when I was tagged. You already switched to 5w6, though, so my vote is pointless.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I like 5/6 sp/sx a lot for you. I could also see 6/5. Tritype, maybe 5w6/6w5-3w4-1w9

Cygnus

i tHinK Ur a ToO BEkuz yOO GoEZ onLiEnz To tAWK tWO peEPl

9?

You've said before that you struggle with anger and that you subtly vent it bit everywhere you go. Based on the role you play you certainly seem like a "peacemaker," and that still fits with being a gut-core "anger" type like you describe. You are pretty patient for an INTJ. Very deep. And you kind of have a weird sort of sadness quality around you, sometimes coming off as dark, but it's more arousing of sympathy and almost comfort than hostility.