User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 47

Thread: Frame line test

  1. #31
    the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    RAD
    Posts
    860

    Default

    I did 68/62 - Holistic person.


    I feel like I did bad. Much lower score than anyone else.
    Open for interpretation.
    Jo
    Fell for the temptation: Nohari / Johari

  2. #32
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    Frame and Line Test

    This will help differentiate people who are unsure about whether they are N or S types, it's fun to do anyway.Take a screenshot of your results and attach them as an image.

    Here's my score for example (90 and 41, explains why I am so unobservant...)

    Attachment 11859

    Sensing types notice detail better whereas iNtutive types tend to be big picture thinkers. This tests looks at the differences in a way which removes self reporting bias inherent in questionnaires.
    Does this mean Americans are predominantly sensors and Japanese are intuitives?

  3. #33
    Honor Thy Inferior Such Irony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    5,091

    Default

    64 on the first task, 52 on the second task.

    Based on your performance on this test, you are better at perceiving the background. You have a greater appreciation and discretion for the big picture.


    I'm surprised there isn't a greater difference between these scores. I felt far less confident on the second task than on the first. At least on the first one, I had some context to go by. When I think of long lines and short lines, the words long and short are kind of meaningless in themselves unless there is something to compare it to. I think relativistically and proportionally.
    Last edited by Such Irony; 05-28-2014 at 03:05 PM.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne




  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    Frame and Line Test

    This will help differentiate people who are unsure about whether they are N or S types, it's fun to do anyway.Take a screenshot of your results and attach them as an image.

    Here's my score for example (90 and 41, explains why I am so unobservant...)

    Sensing types notice detail better whereas iNtutive types tend to be big picture thinkers. This tests looks at the differences in a way which removes self reporting bias inherent in questionnaires.
    Nah. I scored 94/60. Has nothing to do with N/S.

    I'm honestly curious, why do you think the second test requires noticing more sensory details than the first one? I didn't see a difference in the tests with regard to that. There was some difference but not this, IMO. Not in my case anyway. I will try to elaborate on that below. I do agree that the first task is about a more holistic processing visually but I don't think that this big picture based visual orientation has much to do with how one thinks and sees the world cognitively on a higher level. The two things are too different so even if there is some sort of relation, it will need more in-depth explaining than this simplistic assumption of relating the two together this strongly. It's okay if you see some relation but the assumption that this determines N/S is too far-flung IMO.

    So, seeing my results, I did feel the second one was harder somehow... It wouldn't let me pass the trial for several times because I wasn't being accurate enough so it kept telling me I need to understand the task more lol like it depended on understanding on the task... nope. :P I'm not sure why it felt harder to do than the first one. First one was just so naturally working. I guess I could've scored even higher than 94 if I had bothered to pay more close attention and/or practice a bit... I pay only superficial attention to many things, these tasks included heh. I can pay closer attention if I want to, of course.

    Anyway the second task was still not something requiring attention to details like you seem to think. It's more like... in the first task I could just take all things in as one, naturally feel the spatial organization in some holistic way and work off of that, in the second case I just had to reproduce the exact same line. I know that I can do that just fine as long as the original line is not in memory, I'm pretty good at copying and reproducing things very precisely as long as I have the thing to be copied in front of me and not just in memory. When working from memory, I remember the spatial organization itself most saliently. I can zone in on details in my memories of physical objects but they aren't salient by default. I don't know if that alone helped me be so precise in the first task or if there was some other factor as well. But N/S isn't a factor here :P

    Oh btw I'm not Japanese but not American either.


    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    I wonder if your monitor resolution would affect your scores? I did this with a 1920x1080 resolution and a 17" screen. On my 24" monitor, same res, I am thinking the pixels would display larger and thus could potentially increase the accuracy.

    The first task came more naturally, representing proportion rather than exact length. Trying to visualize the exact line - that was more challenging to remember, and felt more important.
    Heh my monitor is also 1920x1080. I don't know if that's got anything to do with task precision. As for the first task representing proportion, you still had to be precise there. What do you mean by feeling it was "more important" visualizing the exact line? It was certainly interesting but important in what sense?


    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    I'm curious as to the amount of factors that can affect results from the test other than the iNtuition and Sensing dynamic. For instance, short-term memory must be paramount to the test, and thus people with longer short-term memories will thus score higher on both sections. People with photographic memory, as well, would be expected to score 95-100 for both sections I would imagine, not to mention other basic factors such as general fatigue, where the test taker's concentration is focused, general eyesight, the screen of the computer administering the test, etc.
    Hmm... I don't know, are there people with longer short-term memories? I do get your point about the people with crazy photographic memory :P

    I wouldn't worry about the other factors you've listed as long as they are controlled for in some way. E.g. do all of the tests on the same computer and do it on a large population.


    Quote Originally Posted by underwaterthing View Post
    This reminded me of an interesting theory I read about a while ago:

    The Geography of Thought documents Richard Nisbett's groundbreaking international research in cultural psychology and shows that people actually think about and even see the world differently because of differing ecologies, social structures, philosophies, and educational systems that date back to ancient Greece and China. As a result, East Asian thought is drawn to the perceptual field as a whole and to relations among objects and events within that field. By contrast, Westerners focus on salient objects or people, use attributes to assign them to categories, and apply rules of formal logic to understand their behavior.

    -------------

    IMO both of the tasks in this test are Sensing tasks; it's just that one is focused on the entire picture & its proportions and one is focused on a single object. I thought that SPs would be better at "big-picture/holistic Sensing" than other types and I scanned this thread looking for major differences in how Se-Ni/Ni-Se users scored compared to Si-Ne/Ne-Si users, but I'm not seeing any obvious ones.
    I guess I am East Asian based on that then... Your idea is interesting, I'm SP and yeah I'm really bad at focusing on just one object unless it really captures my attention for whatever reason and even then I just see it holistically. I have to force myself to focus on separate details for analysis or whatever if that's actually needed. I can however draw very well, even as a small kid and always enjoyed it. I don't try to categorize verbally in the way it's described for Americans. Using attributes to assign categories to stuff without real depth is just so boring. I don't do formal logic, just instinctive logic. I did well with formal logic in math classes but in real life, I don't care about that much. Fleshing out the formal steps for my logic is always kind of boring.

    Well so whatever sense anyone can make out of all this... I think it could just be left brain / right brain differences. Of course it's not as simple as calling it just that. I'm about 50 / 50 in all those left/right brain tests that I've found online (~55% right, ~45% left), I guess it's just my visual processing that's more right brained, and I can be left brained in other things maybe. It's not really MBTI-related IMO.

  5. #35
    hypersane Hive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,005

    Default

    82/76, holistic.



    Did you who scored 100 first estimate the size of the line (in fractions, percentages or whatever), count the pixels all the way down and then figure out how many pixels you should draw? Or are you cyborgs?


    I FEEL ALRIGHT

  6. #36
    Vulnerability Eilonwy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so
    Posts
    6,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post

    Did all of you who scored 100 first estimate the size of the line (in fractions, percentages or whatever), count the pixels all the way down and then figure out how many pixels you should draw? Or are you cyborgs?


    Johari / Nohari

    “That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

    reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

  7. #37
    4x9 cascadeco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    4 so/sp
    Posts
    6,931

    Default

    Eh. Don't think it has much to do with mbti


    86 on the first test, 50 on the second

    Based on your performance on this test, you are better at perceiving the background. You have a greater appreciation and discretion for the big picture.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

    My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

  8. #38
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhoCares View Post
    75 & 69, equally competent or holistic....yay me....
    Yeah mine was similar:



    Honestly I think if you get 100% on either of them then it might suggest a skewed perspective. But that's just an idea and not necessarily anything to do with N or S.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  9. #39
    failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te
    Posts
    4,221

  10. #40
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,772

    Default

    re took:



    I scored higher on both tasks
    first time
    1st task: 48
    2nd task: 32
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

Similar Threads

  1. ActualMe test
    By wyrdsister in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 172
    Last Post: 08-01-2015, 12:27 PM
  2. Philosophical personality test
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 323
    Last Post: 09-03-2013, 10:06 PM
  3. The value of random on-line personality tests
    By Ilah in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-26-2008, 08:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO