User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Frame line test

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

I wonder if your monitor resolution would affect your scores? I did this with a 1920x1080 resolution and a 17" screen. On my 24" monitor, same res, I am thinking the pixels would display larger and thus could potentially increase the accuracy.

The first task came more naturally, representing proportion rather than exact length. Trying to visualize the exact line - that was more challenging to remember, and felt more important.

At any rate, my results were 91 / 80:

testie.jpg
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

ndovjtjcaqidthi

What's with all the people getting 100 on the first one?

You guys got it down to the exact pixel every time?

Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post

Dunno...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

In the trial, they said you did well if you were within a certain amount of pixels, so I'm guessing that there was some leeway--maybe 2 to 3 pixels? And I think that I got 100 on the proportion test because I've been drawing my whole life and have practiced proportion.
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    Tell me I'm ISFP again. yeah thought so
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by Eilonwy View Post
    In the trial, they said you did well if you were within a certain amount of pixels, so I'm guessing that there was some leeway--maybe 2 to 3 pixels? And I think that I got 100 on the proportion test because I've been drawing my whole life and have practiced proportion.
    I draw too, lol.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

I draw too, lol.
    Well, then throw my theory out the window! Must be something else going on.
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

MBTI
    InFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

"We are trying to understand the way people have been influenced by their cultural background, and whether this affects how people process information."
    This reminded me of an interesting theory I read about a while ago:
    The Geography of Thought documents Richard Nisbett's groundbreaking international research in cultural psychology and shows that people actually think about and even see the world differently because of differing ecologies, social structures, philosophies, and educational systems that date back to ancient Greece and China. As a result, East Asian thought is drawn to the perceptual field as a whole and to relations among objects and events within that field. By contrast, Westerners focus on salient objects or people, use attributes to assign them to categories, and apply rules of formal logic to understand their behavior.
    The Geography of Thought, by Richard Nisbett

-------------

IMO both of the tasks in this test are Sensing tasks; it's just that one is focused on the entire picture & its proportions and one is focused on a single object. I thought that SPs would be better at "big-picture/holistic Sensing" than other types and I scanned this thread looking for major differences in how Se-Ni/Ni-Se users scored compared to Si-Ne/Ne-Si users, but I'm not seeing any obvious ones.