123 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Post Cognitive Functions + Socionics + Enneagram

Yes, I consider this my ultimate "What's my type" thread. This is where I hope to end my tempestuous indecision.
    I'm against using questionnaires to ascertain my personality type at this point because I believe they do not encompass the entirety of an individual's character. In essence, the questions are not adequate. Besides, they rely too heavily on stability, under the assumption that there is no changeability. For example, my answers to some questions today might very well differ from my answers to those same questions tomorrow. It's possible. But the questionnaires do not take that into account. At the same time, I don't think describing myself would work. I introspect a lot, but I doubt my ability to verbalize those introspective leaps. I'm not being boastful, but I think my character is too complex (maybe, even in a negative way) to delineate in words. I might even be Bipolar. In fact, before my acquaintance with typology, I used to believe I was suffering from the Bipolar Disorder. I also think I have social anxiety, which may make my behavior, both externally and internally, contradictory. But enough about mental illnesses. At the very least, I'll just attempt some tests, even though I know they're unreliable, just to get things going.

Basically, just ask me questions. Or ask to me tell you about my opinions on things.
    @Stephano @BlackCat @Alea_iacta_est @yeghor
    You were of great assistance the last time.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Anyone?

Socionics
    ILI

@Emperor Enigma

Do you project your ethical values on the environment, or do you project your logical rationalizations on the environment?

Ex.

I hate people who are violent. When someone does something violent, I criticize them and attempt to correct them according to how they should be acting.

I have a map in my head of how things should be working, and when things aren't working according to the model, there is something wrong with what is being studied in the environment that must be corrected to make it follow the model. Facts to suit theories over theories to suit facts.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    @Emperor Enigma

Do you project your ethical values on the environment, or do you project your logical rationalizations on the environment?

Ex.

I hate people who are violent. When someone does something violent, I criticize them and attempt to correct them according to how they should be acting.

I have a map in my head of how things should be working, and when things aren't working according to the model, there is something wrong with what is being studied in the environment that must be corrected to make it follow the model. Facts to suit theories over theories to suit facts.
    Logical rationalizations, definitely. I have a tendency to make up theories on the spot and report my conclusions to my friends. Of course, those theories are often designed to explain the real world, particularly behavorial patterns and psychological motivations, so they might be incorrectly interpreted as ethical values as well. I remember as a child, I had a knack for categorizing. I still do, of course. I also had an internal moral compass that was influenced by my parents. Soon, the moral compass was transformed into an internal system, but the morals themselves were analyzed and then abandoned. So basically, as a child, my internal system accommodated the moral values of my parents because they were obviously my first sources of information. My first principles and rules. I follow my own rules. I only talk about my ethical values when I'm highly emotional.

That's interesting. In my case, I tweak the model. There will be preliminary skepticism, of course. Can this be Te vs Ti? You influence the environment in accordance with your model while I attempt to tweak the model in order to accommodate the change in the environment. Now that I think about, this can even apply to Fi and Fe. Both Thinking and Feeling working in tandem. Wow.

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Enigma View Post
    Logical rationalizations, definitely. I have a tendency to make up theories on the spot and report my conclusions to my friends. Of course, those theories are often designed to explain the real world, particularly behavorial patterns and psychological motivations, so they might be incorrectly interpreted as ethical values as well. I remember as a child, I had a knack for categorizing. I still do, of course. I also had an internal moral compass that was influenced by my parents. Soon, the moral compass was transformed into an internal system. So basically, as a child, my internal system accommodated the moral values of my parents because they were obviously my first sources of information. I only talk about my ethical values when I'm highly emotional.
    Was the moral compass arisen from subjective rationalization and own preferences on ethical matters, or arisen from external ethical frameworks that were internalized?

Do you impose your framework on the world? The world should be working this way (either ethically or logically). Juxtaposing the other method, which is to throw out theories that do not suit the observable, present reality of the environment (The world, evidently, isn't working this way).

Do you see your internal framework of either ethical or logical rationalizations as guidelines or dogma? Must the environment be subjected to your framework at all costs, or can you give the environment some leeway depending on circumstances and make yourself appear ever so slightly hypocritical?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Was the moral compass arisen from subjective rationalization and own preferences on ethical matters, or arisen from external ethical frameworks that were internalized?

Do you impose your framework on the world? The world should be working this way. Juxtaposing the other method, which is to throw out theories that do not suit the observable, present reality of the environment (The world, evidently, isn't working this way).

Do you see your internal framework of either ethical or logical rationalizations as guidelines or dogma? Must the environment be subjected to your framework at all costs, or can you give the environment some leeway depending on circumstances and make yourself appear ever so slightly hypocritical?
    Hmmm... a combination of both, I suppose. In essence, my parents (and teachers, they were the same moralistically) fed information about their moral values to me, indirectly. The information was inserted in my model, without any analysis. Then, eventually, these bits of information would be challenged and analyzed as my experiences in the real world increased. Soon, they were deemed incongruous with my developing model and discarded. A metamorphosis of my internal system.

Not really. I was never authoritative about my framework. Rather, I would be disturbed if something violated my framework. I might defend the framework, maybe even blame the environment for a while, and then leisurely analyze my framework. It would be a gradual process. However, I'm sure I never imposed my views. For example, if a person did something that was in dissonance with my framework, I would silently degrade him instead of trying to change him. Silent judgment.

It's rather flexible. It can go either way, I think. To be honest, over the past few years, my framework has been deteriorating. Maybe it's because I've underwent a lot of changes. It's high school, after all. Or maybe my perceiving functions are developing. I'm more of a spectator than a judge nowadays. Like a sponge, some would say. And yes, there are times when I would do a 180 and become a hypocrite. But subsequently, after my "resurrection", my framework would be strengthened.

Socionics
    ILI

Hmmm... a combination of both, I suppose. In essence, my parents (and teachers, they were the same moralistically) fed information about their moral values to me, indirectly. The information was inserted in my model, without any analysis. Then, eventually, these bits of information would be challenged and analyzed. Soon, they were deemed incongruous with my developing model and discarded. A metamorphosis of my internal system.

Not really. I was never authoritative about my framework. Rather, I would be disturbed if something violated my framework. I might defend the framework, maybe even blame the environment for a while, and then leisurely analyze my framework. It would be a gradual process. However, I'm sure I never imposed my views. For example, if a person did something that was in dissonance with my framework, I would silently degrade him instead of trying to change him. Silent judgment.

It's rather flexible. It can go either way, I think. To be honest, over the past few years, my framework has been deteriorating. Maybe it's because I've underwent a lot of changes. It's high school, after all. Or maybe my perceiving functions are developing. I'm more of a spectator than a judge nowadays. And yes, there are times when I would do a 180 and become a hypocrite. But subsequently, after my "resurrection", my framework would be strengthened.
    I think the Fi I've been seeing is Ti/Fe axis. Fe take in external ethical frameworks, Ti systematizes them to categorize ethics logically based not on personal preference but on logical sense.

The last paragraph ensures Ji Auxiliary.

ENTP - ENTp-Ti

or less likely,

ENFP - ENFp-Fi

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

I think the Fi I've been seeing is Ti/Fe axis. Fe take in external ethical frameworks, Ti systematizes them to categorize ethics logically based not on personal preference but on logical sense.

The last paragraph ensures Ji Auxiliary.

ENTP - ENTp-Ti

or less likely,

ENFP - ENFp-Fi
    Thank you for your assistance! Hmmm... seems like I'm an ENTP, after all. Or at least an ENxP but yes, Ti-Fe seems more plausible. I suppose my Ne keeps insisting that I look for more perspectives and alternatives, which can explain why I'm so indecisive in general.
    By the way, would it be accurate to say that Te sees the world as a malleable space which can be influenced? Additionally, I would also like to know what Si is like as an inferior or dual-seeking function. Can it explain the sporadic blissful bursts of bodily sensations I get while listening to music or watching a movie? I also have a tendency to indulge excessively, mostly in times of stress.
    However, I'm still rather skeptical about the characterization of Ne as an inventor who can generate thousands of possibilities at a time. I think it's clear as crystal that I'm an ENTP now (or at the very least, an xNxP), but that little nugget still bothers me.

Socionics
    ILI

Thank you for your assistance! Hmmm... seems like I'm an ENTP, after all. Or at least an ENxP but yes, Ti-Fe seems more plausible. I suppose my Ne keeps insisting that I look for more perspectives and alternatives, which can explain why I'm so indecisive in general.
    By the way, would it be accurate to say that Te sees the world as a malleable space which can be influenced? Additionally, I would also like to know what Si is like as an inferior or dual-seeking function. Can it explain the sporadic blissful bursts of bodily sensations I get while listening to music or watching a movie? I also have a tendency to indulge excessively, mostly in times of stress.
    However, I'm still rather skeptical about the characterization of Ne as an inventor who can generate thousands of possibilities at a time. I think it's clear as crystal that I'm an ENTP now (or at the very least, an xNxP), but that little nugget still bothers me.
    The bodily sensations you get that are blissful with music or movies is probably ASMR and is at the present time unrelated to type. It affects a percentage of the population that I can't recall at the present time, and I have it as well.

The ENTp should experience Te as an unconscious voice attempting to justify failures with Fi (Te/Fi axis). Furthermore, it provides an alternate perspective from the usual Ne-Ti Possibility Efficient Categorization to Ne-Te Possibility Efficient Application.

Think of Ne as being able to see the hypothetical potential of the environment under ideal circumstances. The power of the environment's possibility (Ne) rather than the power of the environment's actuality (Se).

Irrational Types are characterized by indecision. Ergo, the indecisive types would be ENTP, INTJ, ENFP, INFJ, ESTP, ISTJ, ESFP, ISFJ (in JCF, of course).

Si inferior will lead to comfortable indulgence of bodily sensations under stress, excessively rewarding the stressed out ego with comfortable, familiar surroundings.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

The bodily sensations you get that are blissful with music or movies is probably ASMR and is at the present time unrelated to type. It affects a percentage of the population that I can't recall at the present time, and I have it as well.

The ENTp should experience Te as an unconscious voice attempting to justify failures with Fi (Te/Fi axis). Furthermore, it provides an alternate perspective from the usual Ne-Ti Possibility Efficient Categorization to Ne-Te Possibility Efficient Application.

Think of Ne as being able to see the hypothetical potential of the environment under ideal circumstances. The power of the environment's possibility (Ne) rather than the power of the environment's actuality (Se).

Irrational Types are characterized by indecision. Ergo, the indecisive types would be ENTP, INTJ, ENFP, INFJ, ESTP, ISTJ, ESFP, ISFJ (in JCF, of course).

Si inferior will lead to comfortable indulgence of bodily sensations under stress, excessively rewarding the stressed out ego with comfortable, familiar surroundings.
    Interesting.

No wonder my mind tends to go off on nostalgic adventures full of glorious reminiscences during such hard times.