• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Cognitive Functions + Socionics + Enneagram

Alea_iacta_est

(Btw, I think Socionics is made-up Soviet bull*hit.)

Just the stereotypical function descriptions and abysmal type descriptions (ILE is God incarnate, SLI is a lazy slouch, etc.). Thank the CCCP for the lazy Pi definitions especially. The model itself provides a rather beautifully mechanical perspective to Jungian theory.

Also, to aid in the ENTP vs ENFP dilemma, [MENTION=21404]Emperor Enigma[/MENTION],

Do you unconsciously seem to notice people's emotional attachments/reactions to certain stimuli in the environment, i.e. what things mean to people emotionally? Do you ever feel like you are confident (most likely overconfident) in how people view you, to the point where you assure yourself that people hold a specific opinion of you, but then find out that their opinion of you is somewhat different, to your surprise?

Do you consciously impose an ethical framework on the environment, trying to make sure that things are handled fairly, justly, and politely according to your own moral compass? Do you attempt to 'fix' people who are deemed amoral or who violate your ethical creed and set them right? Do you generally keep your emotional tidings concealed and to yourself?

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
I'd say xNTP, probably ENTP.

Certainly not ENFP.

Your Enneagram supports the idea of someone who is strongly Ti and Ne.

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
Sry, I wanted to post my arguments here, but I forgot about it. :thinking:

This is the thing that made me think you're a Feeler. I mean, the question wasn't exactly about the consideration of people in your decisions. It seemed as if you were highlighting it.
I think it all comes down to ENTP vs. ENFP now. (Fi vs. Fe, Ti vs- Te)

What seems more like you?:

When I'm sad I usually show it. I'm not good at hiding my emotions. (Fe)

I don't always show my emotions. I'm easily hurt by insults and personal criticism. (Fi)

I really like to make lists or rankings. I tend to value respected people's (e.g.: scientists, etc.) theories and views on things higher than my own. (Te)

I tend to value my own thoughts and views higher than those of respected people. I have no problem with throwing over established facts or theories. (Ti)

(Btw, I think Socionics is made-up Soviet bull*hit.)

There have been times when I would be incapable of controlling my emotions, like failing to stifle a chuckle or a laugh or shedding tears, but for the most part I keep my emotions hidden. As a matter of fact, people have often described me as being impassive and monotonous (in voice), even reproaching me for it. I'm not hurt by insults or criticism, I'm curious to know the reasons behind them.

I love making lists, rankings and categories. I love organizing information. Carrying out polls and surveys is one of my ways of having fun, lol. I'm not sure whether about the rest, to be honest. I think I value both of them almost equally, but I'm not sure.

Just the stereotypical function descriptions and abysmal type descriptions (ILE is God incarnate, SLI is a lazy slouch, etc.). Thank the CCCP for the lazy Pi definitions especially. The model itself provides a rather beautifully mechanical perspective to Jungian theory.

Also, to aid in the ENTP vs ENFP dilemma, [MENTION=21404]Emperor Enigma[/MENTION],

Do you unconsciously seem to notice people's emotional attachments/reactions to certain stimuli in the environment, i.e. what things mean to people emotionally?

Perhaps, but not quite. On second thought, I think that's true. I have a knack for observing subtleties in facial expressions. I actually love discerning such subtleties. For example, take this video.
http://youtu.be/4LThIRkpYtI
1:53
One of the reasons why I relished that scene was the facial performance. The ephemeral smirk, the change in inflection, the inconspicuous condescension, the arrogant scrutinizing with the eye that says, "You are inferior". So yes, I do enjoy observing people's emotional reactions in such cases. Although, I don't think I'm adept at this. In a broader context, I suck at fully understanding emotional displays from other people. Especially social etiquette. That's one reason why I'm so socially awkward.

Do you ever feel like you are confident (most likely overconfident) in how people view you, to the point where you assure yourself that people hold a specific opinion of you, but then find out that their opinion of you is somewhat different, to your surprise?

I can be curious about what people think of me in the sense that I'm interested in understanding how I am perceived externally but for the most part, I'm rather indifferent about it. I'm definitely not even remotely confident in how people view me.

Do you consciously impose an ethical framework on the environment, trying to make sure that things are handled fairly, justly, and politely according to your own moral compass?

Not at all. Like I said before, my judgment in such matters is strictly internal. Occasionally, I might offer my criticism on someone's personality or character or vehemently question the ethics of something but I mainly remain taciturn about my ethical framework.

Do you attempt to 'fix' people who are deemed amoral or who violate your ethical creed and set them right? Do you generally keep your emotional tidings concealed and to yourself?

I only criticize them. I essentially condemn them in silence, perhaps imagining scenarios in which I might 'fix' them but yeah, I don't think I'll directly confront them about it. At most, I'll share my criticism of them with my friends. I take a rather passive approach. Yes, I generally keep my emotional tidings to myself but I'll gladly share them with the right people.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
I love making lists, rankings and categories. I love organizing information. Carrying out polls and surveys is one of my ways of having fun, lol. I'm not sure whether about the rest, to be honest. I think I value both of them almost equally, but I'm not sure.

That's Te right there.

I

Infinite Bubble

ENTP is reasonable... this on its own is a good example of Ne:

But something seems a bit off about that conclusion. It might just be me though. I'm not completely decided yet. Do you regulate your posts a lot?

Hmmm... what about Fi, then?

Possibly this:

Not at all. Like I said before, my judgment in such matters is strictly internal. Occasionally, I might offer my criticism on someone's personality or character or vehemently question the ethics of something but I mainly remain taciturn about my ethical framework.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Hmmm... what about Fi, then?

Just take the test results.

extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************* (13.4)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************ (36.4)
excellent use

Unused vs. excellent use.

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
But something seems a bit off about that conclusion. It might just be me though. I'm not completely decided yet. Do you regulate your posts a lot?

Ah, it's just that my posts tend to lack organization because I just keep editing them whenever a new idea pertaining to the post crosses my mind. I initially only intended to expound upon the Thank You For Smoking example but then that particular example reminded me of other similar examples and voila.

extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************* (13.4)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************ (36.4)
excellent use

Unused vs. excellent use.

I don't think that test is reliable, though. My results have been capricious, but limited to few options.

I

Infinite Bubble

Ah, it's just that my posts tend to lack organization because I just keep editing them whenever a new idea pertaining to the post crosses my mind. I initially only intended to expound upon the Thank You For Smoking example but then that particular example reminded me of other similar examples and voila.

Alright. ENTP seems to be the best fit. If you were an ENFP, you'd be the strangest one I've ever come across. Which one do you think suits you best though?

How about ENTP 5w6 (or w4 if you like)?

Good advise, Great Lord of Wisdom.

Maybe it's because he's Ji > Je.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
I don't think that test is reliable, though. My results have been capricious, but limited to few options.

Yes, the test isn't 100% correct, but it's at least indicative of your type. You selected many answers that relate to Fi.

Good advise, Great Lord of Wisdom.

Maybe it's because he's Ji > Je.

This isn't even part of MBTI.
And what makes you so sure that you're right? Just because he uses a 5-ish avatar and a broad vocabulary doesn't mean that he can't be an ENFP. MBTI is also not directly related to behavior, that's why almost any MBTI-enneagram combo is possible.

I

Infinite Bubble

This isn't even part of MBTI.
And what makes you so sure that you're right? Just because he uses a 5-ish avatar and a broad vocabulary doesn't mean that he can't be an ENFP. MBTI is also not directly related to behavior, that's why almost any MBTI-enneagram combo is possible.

Ji & Je is related to the test we're referring to. Not sure whether or not I'm right to be honest. He could definitely be an ENFP, but there's evidence in past posts that suggests his Thinking is more developed of the two. Can't be bothered to go through it all though just to prove a point.