User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Enigma View Post
    Interesting.

No wonder my mind tends to go off on nostalgic adventures full of glorious reminiscences during such hard times.
    Since Si inferior is an unconscious function primarily, it should lead you to unconsciously gravitate toward familiar surroundings, and sensorial pleasures with memories and attachments, and to be concerned about bodily functions (juxtaposing Role Si, which would see disparaging bodily function as trite and a dead-weight). Furthermore, Si is seen as a goal of sorts, to eventually surround yourself with a comfortable environment that complements your Ne. Socionics, for instance, says that this can best be accomplished by finding a SEI partner that will provide the comfortable environment for you while you provide the SEI partner with exciting abstract possibilities and hypothetical potential, while traditional JCF and MBTI says that this can be accomplished by developing the self, recognizing the unconscious Si drive and paying it heed.

By the way, ASMR is apparently said to affect around the same percentage of the population as Synesthesia does, 2-5 percent, and some consider it to be a type of Synesthesia. I would assume x -> Touch.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Since Si inferior is an unconscious function primarily, it should lead you to unconsciously gravitate toward familiar surroundings, and sensorial pleasures with memories and attachments, and to be concerned about bodily functions (juxtaposing Role Si, which would see disparaging bodily function as trite and a dead-weight). Furthermore, Si is seen as a goal of sorts, to eventually surround yourself with a comfortable environment that complements your Ne. Socionics, for instance, says that this can best be accomplished by finding a SEI partner that will provide the comfortable environment for you while you provide the SEI partner with exciting abstract possibilities and hypothetical potential, while traditional JCF and MBTI says that this can be accomplished by developing the self, recognizing the unconscious Si drive and paying it heed.
    That was quite informative, thank you for your help. I think my mother is an ESE or ESFJ (close enough to SEI) and I can certainly discern the dynamics of our relationship in such a way. As a matter of fact, she has often jested about how she is essentially my cook. One could even say that her Ti dual-seeking function is manifested in her tendency to consult knowledgeable people for help. She's always asking me to help her solve the simplest problems. Also tends be very protective of me. For example, whenever I go out, my mother would caution me about literally everything and keep asking me whether I had everything I needed before going out (even if it's just a mobile phone, but then again, I also tend to lose such things just as easily). She would also get highly anxious about the future. Till now, I thought it was only a motherly thing. Of course, there's also the dynamic about advising me on how to behave in social situations.

Socionics
    ILI

That was quite informative, thank you for your help. I think my mother is an ESE or ESFJ (close enough to SEI) and I can certainly discern the dynamics of our relationship in such a way. As a matter of fact, she has often jested about how she is essentially my cook. One could even say that her Ti dual-seeking function is manifested in her tendency to consult knowledgeable people for help. She's always asking me to help her solve the simplest problems. Also tends be very protective of me. For example, whenever I go out, my mother would caution me about literally everything and keep asking me whether I had everything I needed before going out. She would also get highly anxious about the future. Till now, I thought it was only a motherly thing. Of course, there's also the dynamic about advising me on how to behave in social situations.
    Which should be seen by the ILE (ENTp) as being helpful in small increments but a bit overboard due to the nature of Mobilizing .

IEE (ENFp), on the other hand, would see it as unnecessary, as it is already 'known' to the self and is seen as obvious but is also simultaneously ignored and deemed somewhat tedious.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Which should be seen by the ILE (ENTp) as being helpful in small increments but a bit overboard due to the nature of Mobilizing .

IEE (ENFp), on the other hand, would see it as unnecessary, as it is already 'known' to the self and is seen as obvious but is also simultaneously ignored and deemed somewhat tedious.
    Yes. That was perfect because I completely identified with the statement.
    Although, I relate equally well to the IEE one. Now that I think about, I don't actually relate to the context of the second statement. I relate to the idea of it. Being told something which you deem unnecessary because you already know it. Now, what kind of information is to be considered here? Let me introspect. Oh yes, it happens whenever my father discusses about my future plans with me. It's like, he's just repeating what I'd already thought about a long time ago. He tries to make plans and spell them out, but I've already made them myself, in my mind. It also irritates me because I feel like he's stealing my ideas or plans and taking credit for them, haha. I also don't like it when someone else makes my plans for me. I prefer to make them myself. Ni-Te? Foreseeing events or thinking of ideas (Ni) and then making plans to implement them or act on the perceived foresight or vision (Te)?

Socionics
    ILI

Yes. That was perfect because I completely identified with the statement.
    Although, I relate equally well to the IEE one. Now that I think about, I don't actually relate to the context of the second statement. I relate to the idea of it. Being told something which you deem unnecessary because you already know it. Now, what kind of information is to be considered here? Let me introspect. Oh yes, it happens whenever my father discusses about my future plans with me. It's like, he's just repeating what I'd already thought about a long time ago. He tries to make plans and spell them out, but I've already made them myself, in my mind. It also irritates me because I feel like he's stealing my ideas or plans and taking credit for them, haha. I also don't like it when someone else makes my plans for me. I prefer to make them myself.
    And that would be Ignoring/Observant primarily. (Anti-Hero Complex, Shadow Dominant function)

With the IEE one, 'known' is a facade, the IEE doesn't typically engage due to a lack of care, and assumes that it 'knows' matters when in actuality it understands basic rather than the entire function, especially since the function is in the unconscious block.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

And that would be Ignoring/Observant primarily. (Anti-Hero Complex, Shadow Dominant function)

With the IEE one, 'known' is a facade, the IEE doesn't typically engage due to a lack of care, and assumes that it 'knows' matters when in actuality it understands basic rather than the entire function, especially since the function is in the unconscious block.
    Same here. When my father does get to the planning, I realize that my own understanding was not enough. I was either missing crucial details or underestimating the situation. It's amazing how the pieces are fitting together. It's almost artistic.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

I think you are an ENFP 7 who is well integrated into type 5, like me. I got similar results when I did a functions test. I did not score as high on Ni as you, but it was on the 4th rank (Ne>Fi>Ti>Ni...).

Btw, the answers you gave on the questionaire sounded more Fi than Fe to me. I'll post the considerable ones here.
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

cool
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    cool
    Why, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    I think you are an ENFP 7 who is well integrated into type 5, like me. I got similar results when I did a functions test. I did not score as high on Ni as you, but it was on the 4th rank (Ne>Fi>Ti>Ni...).

Btw, the answers you gave on the questionaire sounded more Fi than Fe to me. I'll post the considerable ones here.
    Well, ENFp still remains a considerable possibility. What are your conclusions based on?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

Why, thank you

Well, ENFp still remains a considerable possibility. What are your conclusions based on?
    Sry, I wanted to post my arguments here, but I forgot about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Enigma
    I think about people in the sense that I contemplate how the consequences of my decisions might affect other people. Emotions do occasionally factor in my decisions. I also tend to make decisions on impulse. Oh, and of course, I'm very indecisive so I avoid making decisions in the first place.
    This is the thing that made me think you're a Feeler. I mean, the question wasn't exactly about the consideration of people in your decisions. It seemed as if you were highlighting it.
    I think it all comes down to ENTP vs. ENFP now. (Fi vs. Fe, Ti vs- Te)

What seems more like you?:

When I'm sad I usually show it. I'm not good at hiding my emotions. (Fe)

I don't always show my emotions. I'm easily hurt by insults and personal criticism. (Fi)

I really like to make lists or rankings. I tend to value respected people's (e.g.: scientists, etc.) theories and views on things higher than my own. (Te)

I tend to value my own thoughts and views higher than those of respected people. I have no problem with throwing over established facts or theories. (Ti)

(Btw, I think Socionics is made-up Soviet bull*hit.)
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist