User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Me?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Good eye, Spirilis.

Yes, it's introverted intuition; I've written this stuff before.

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    Awesome. Thanks so much for your input!!

Really, that helps a lot. It's one of the main things that's been perplexing me about being an NF. Just all of those profiles and such make it sound like we're a bunch of saints, and I don't feel that way about myself at all. I think I can be rather mean (at least inwardly), unempathetic, and pretty selfish at times (not that selfishness is in and of itself a bad thing), and it's something that alarms me and that I can't really reconcile with all the warm fuzzies and alwaying-wanting-to-help vibes that I get from profiles and general stereotypes.

Fiery cauldron. hehe.
    The profiles are stereotypes meant to help some segment of the population identify whether they might be a type or not, but everyone is different and the external behaviors/interests of one person is significantly influenced by non-type-related factors for a lot of people. Take them with a grain, no a tablespoon, nah how about a dumptruck, aw screw that how about a whole SALT MINE full of salt?

The real question is, do you see all that fire inside eventually turning into a massive well of hope and will to help others? Maybe it will become that at some point. Or maybe not. Who knows?
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by htb
    Good eye, Spirilis.

Yes, it's introverted intuition; I've written this stuff before.
    Fascinating. I'm oddly excited to have a concrete example of my own Ni in action. hehe. [and clearly it is very unoriginal Ni. ]

Quote Originally Posted by spirilis View Post
    The profiles are stereotypes meant to help some segment of the population identify whether they might be a type or not, but everyone is different and the external behaviors/interests of one person is significantly influenced by non-type-related factors for a lot of people. Take them with a grain, no a tablespoon, nah how about a dumptruck, aw screw that how about a whole SALT MINE full of salt?
    Yeah, I've always known they're stereotypes, but the stereotypes in a sense become 'reality' and how the system is truly used and viewed, since the majority of people are only aware of those stereotypes. So they become the system, in a way. Even here on the boards. It's relatively easy to get caught up in it.

But you're absolutely correct.

And now that I have people confirming Ni as a dominant element of my writing (I wouldn't have known that's what it was), I am coming to a better understanding of what exactly it is.

Quote Originally Posted by spirilis
    The real question is, do you see all that fire inside eventually turning into a massive well of hope and will to help others? Maybe it will become that at some point. Or maybe not. Who knows?
    Ah, THE question. This is rather an inspiring post you've left me with, spirilis. What indeed shall I decide to do with it??
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Ah, THE question. This is rather an inspiring post you've left me with, spirilis. What indeed shall I decide to do with it??
    Use it to play arcade games and beat the crap out of everyone!
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    NSFW
    Enneagram
    6w7

All I see is a continual interplay of Ni -- reducing tons of your own thoughts to truths about what's really happening,
    How is this different to Ti though? I keep mixing the two up...

Erm, besides that one is a judging function and one is perceiving. Maybe I just answered my own question.

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by sciski View Post
    How is this different to Ti though? I keep mixing the two up...

Erm, besides that one is a judging function and one is perceiving. Maybe I just answered my own question.
    The difference is probably subtle in a lot of cases, but you summed it up.

The "Ni" impressions I'm getting are embodied by stuff like this:
    The people feed off of the books and news stories and tv shows, they come to accept these things and believe in them,
    She's stating a general trend--a "pattern" if you will, and putting it out there rather matter-of-fact like. She then follows through to apply judgment to it, but I don't get the hint that she's judging the validity of that statement--thus I see this as her own *perception* rather than judgment to question.

The judgment follows shortly:
    and because they accept and believe and don't question, there is a demand for more of it, and it continues on, and our culture becomes more silly, irrational, dependent, and lacking its own judgement.
    I see a little bit of T in there producing the sequence, but the root judgment at stake here is Fe-oriented, because (seeing the "forest from the trees" so to speak) she's taking to task the fact that the trend these folks have fallen upon is bad for society, using such relational words as "silly, irrational," etc. in the context of "culture," another word explicitly stated.

I think when performing functional analysis on peoples' writings it's important to concentrate more on analyzing the overall general message being portrayed, not necessarily the choice of words or method of presentation, but sometimes certain passages do reveal evidence of function usage pretty well. Makes for a fun mental exercise either way

A little trickier may be statements like this:
    By the time one is an adult (I will not debate what this age is, because this is a matter of opinion, and of culture), one moves beyond the point where he can use excuses in his life.
    Here I sense both Ni and Fe already combined into one distinct thought--the Ni impression is the fact that she's identifying a pattern embodied by a human being passing into adulthood, and she's further reinforcing the "patternistic" nature of this impression by stating that she'd rather not get into specifics, and then the second half of the statement she's casting an Fe judgment semi-disguised as an abstract action "one moves beyond the point".

Anyway, I should followup by providing some counter Ne/Ti examples but my mind just isn't there right now (after analyzing one set of functions it becomes kinda difficult to "shift gears" so to speak...)
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    NSFW
    Enneagram
    6w7

Thanks for that Spirilis. I'm going to have to think about this a little more!

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

The difference is probably subtle in a lot of cases, but you summed it up.

The "Ni" impressions I'm getting are embodied by stuff like this:

She's stating a general trend--a "pattern" if you will, and putting it out there rather matter-of-fact like. She then follows through to apply judgment to it, but I don't get the hint that she's judging the validity of that statement--thus I see this as her own *perception* rather than judgment to question.

The judgment follows shortly:

I see a little bit of T in there producing the sequence, but the root judgment at stake here is Fe-oriented, because (seeing the "forest from the trees" so to speak) she's taking to task the fact that the trend these folks have fallen upon is bad for society, using such relational words as "silly, irrational," etc. in the context of "culture," another word explicitly stated.

I think when performing functional analysis on peoples' writings it's important to concentrate more on analyzing the overall general message being portrayed, not necessarily the choice of words or method of presentation, but sometimes certain passages do reveal evidence of function usage pretty well. Makes for a fun mental exercise either way

A little trickier may be statements like this:

Here I sense both Ni and Fe already combined into one distinct thought--the Ni impression is the fact that she's identifying a pattern embodied by a human being passing into adulthood, and she's further reinforcing the "patternistic" nature of this impression by stating that she'd rather not get into specifics, and then the second half of the statement she's casting an Fe judgment semi-disguised as an abstract action "one moves beyond the point".

Anyway, I should followup by providing some counter Ne/Ti examples but my mind just isn't there right now (after analyzing one set of functions it becomes kinda difficult to "shift gears" so to speak...)
    Wow. It's pretty weird having your writing deconstructed into cognitive functions. I feel rather un-human-like now. Just a sum of cognitive functions, at the mercy of analysis, like a lab rat. hehe.

Nah...that's fascinating. Thanks for doing that. I've learned quite a bit from this thread, so am glad I created it!!
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Fascinating. I'm oddly excited to have a concrete example of my own Ni in action. hehe. [and clearly it is very unoriginal Ni. ]
    Not to worry -- if one believes in absolute truth, originality outside of process isn't necessary.

Ni really is fascinating. As I once described, it's a highly efficient form of induction; possibly one that draws from the subconscious.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Ne, as I have witnessed its use, is a means of propagation -- generating variations of an idea, often with a minimum of consecutive association. Ti, of course, is deductive reasoning. Under this characterization, an INTP would consider multiple possibilities for a logical matrix; while an ENTP would rationally validate propositions.