0 0%
  • 9w8

1 8.33%
  • 6w7

1 8.33%
First 1234 Last

LadyLazarus

Quote Originally Posted by underwaterthing View Post
    From what I've seen you write about yourself in the short time I've been here, I see an image type with more 4w3 issues than 6w7 issues. I've seen a lot of concern with emotional authenticity and being your "true self" a lot more than 6-ish security and anxiety related stuff. The fact that you feel you don't disintegrate toward e3 like an e6 would makes me think 4w3 even more.
    Thank you for the input. Yeah, now that you mention it, I do notice I don't ever really talk too much about security or things of that nature.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

I voted 4w3

You kinda hover around the outside of interactions compared to other people, like say prplchknz or skylights
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLazarus View Post

I relate to 4's feelings of being the one on the outside looking in as well as it's drive for authenticity, which I see as something very crucial to my identity, I also see their depth of understanding of their own emotions within myself.
    What you described is Fi, if you want to uderstand 4s you have to look further at their motivations and fears. 4s are motivated to find their "true, core self", something that is pure and belongs only to them. In this search for the true self they try to find out who they really are, but they usually confuse it with fake self image and creation of mistycism around their persona. They believe the depth of emotions can bring them closer to their true self, while because they are so centred inside, they feel lonely and misunderstood by the outside world. They fear not to find this true self withing themselves and because of that fear they need to hold on their idea of personal originality and unqiness.

About your type...all I can say is sx dom.

Socionics
    ILI Ni

I think you are a six. You wouldnt be asking yourself all these questions if you werent. Fours dont question themselves in the same way, I dont think, they want to understand themselves, but it takes on a much more "intuitive" and self aware form, like "when I was young this and that happened to me and I was so heartbroken and now I project this heartbreak and on all my partners" etc. You seem less self aware but more aware of systems and how they work. You do question yourself, but it seems to me you question yourself because you want certitude(which confers peace to a six), not because you want self-insight.

That is of course, my opinion, and even if I did know you well, which I dont, I could still be off.

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

I don't seriously type people online, but I'll give you my two cents.

First, as I've said several other times, 6 is more about existential anxiety--everything that can go wrong will, and you should prepare yourself for it or defy it. Type 4 is more about feeling inherently flawed and seeking the answers to oneself through introspection. There is a tendency to identify oneself by one's feeling states. Type 8 is more about a constant state of war with the world.

In truth, I don't care much about the parts you've bolded. I could bold 50% of nearly everything I read for myself if I thought about it. I'd like to hear--in your own words--what you can/can't identify with about each type you're considering. Be as in depth as you'd like; tell stories as necessary.

Last question, why do you rule out type 8? I seriously ruled it out as a core type for most of my life without giving it fair consideration, and at one point even became sure it wasn't my gut-fix at all. In retrospect, that was both unfair and foolish, and it caused me a lot of trouble.

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

Also, this speaks in favor of 4 to me:

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLazarus View Post
    Emotional stability, my emotions are so strong and all over the place, I tend to look for people who are emotionally stable enough to counter-act that, like a "rock" of sorts. I'd say I do very much relate to 4's disintegration into 2 when I am unhealthy, I become very clingy and approval seeking. I don't so much relate to 6's disintegration into 3 as I don't think I become very 3-like under stress, I don't become competitive or anything of that sort.

As for their integration points, I relate to 1 when average-healthy because I tend to become obsessed with becoming someone good and tend to become very morally critical of those around me, I feel like I get this "I know best" attitude when I feel at my best. In regards to integration to 9, I suppose I do become calmer when I am average or healthy, at least calmer than I usually am.
    You see security as "emotional stability". I think for most 6s see it more literally--a bulwark against the things that "could" happen. That you can understand 2-disintegration and see a 1 connection is, to me, further indication of a 4 core (though I firmly maintain that you can also experience integration/disintegration of your wings so you COULD have a 7-wing I guess).

There are many potential answers here, which is why I hesitate to type online.

Oh and--

However, I will mention that I am now certain that I am this tritype, so it's really either 4 or 6, as I am sure I could never be a core 8.
    This is exactly what I said when I first discovered tritypes. Just sayin.

LadyLazarus

Quote Originally Posted by SophiaDeep View Post
    What you described is Fi,
    Yes, this is where some of my doubt lies, 4 and Fi seem really similar in a lot of ways, so I can't tell if it's 4 or Fi.

4s are motivated to find their "true, core self", something that is pure and belongs only to them. In this search for the true self they try to find out who they really are, but they usually confuse it with fake self image and creation of mistycism around their persona
    Hmm, this part seems like something I have gone through and sometimes still go through, minus the mysticism.

As for finding my true self, yes I think I see this as one of my motivations.

They believe the depth of emotions can bring them closer to their true self, while because they are so centred inside, they feel lonely and misunderstood by the outside world. They fear not to find this true self withing themselves and because of that fear they need to hold on their idea of personal originality and unqiness.
    The part about thinking emotional depth will bring me closer to my true self also resonates, however I'm not sure I do fear not being unique so much as I fear being inauthentic, which may again just be Fi.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    I voted 4w3

You kinda hover around the outside of interactions compared to other people, like say prplchknz or skylights
    So wait you're saying I'm a 4 as well? Sorry this is all I'm asking if I need more clarification I'll pm
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    So wait you're saying I'm a 4 as well? Sorry this is all I'm asking if I need more clarification I'll pm
    No, I'm saying she's not a 6.
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    No, I'm saying she's not a 6.
    Thanks
    In no likes experiment.

that is all