• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What would I be?

Rimarie

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Settling on one type is quite a task. ISTJ is what I think I most likely am, but do guys agree?

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I cry too often, too easily, for the reasons I originally thought were harmless; I appear cold and snobbish unintentionally. I also feel restrained and/or overwhelmed when given too much requirements (e.g. I would prefer a teacher who instructs his students to do their best on their final project, thinking that they’d be better off experimenting and relying on their creativity rather than a teacher who gives a handbook of instructions thinking that his students would push for a better product). Also, when I was a kid, people would say I’d become an athlete in the future.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I yearn for harmony and understanding, independence and simplicity, and success and happiness :)

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I’m not sure for this one, but when I find an interesting topic for research, or when I make a friend happy for giving him a “witty” advice, or after I’ve imagined my beautiful future, I feel like the awesomest person :)

4) What makes you feel inferior?
When others are being more productive than I am, and when I fail to transform my work into something rewarding, meaningful, and beneficial.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
If it’s for myself, I tend to base them on my competence and the opinions of my best friends and (trusted) family members. I’d contemplate on which is more true to myself yet sensible. If it concerns other people, I’d ask for their opinion and aim for a win-win, everybody’s happy sol’n.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
Accuracy and to be able to turn it into something worthwhile and enjoyable (I work hard enough). If I happen to come up with a “witty” idea, I’d probably want for it to be “recognized” and “understood.” But I’d definitely go for someone else’s if he’s confident enough that it’ll work out.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
When I was in elementary, running around the school campus, playing with friends and classmates after dismissal or during intramurals week when the campus becomes a festive ground.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

I feel most cozy with memorizing. If it’s something I’ve been curious for, I’d want to learn it hands on. I have no memory of theorizing whatsoever, on something new anyways~

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

I organize to the extent that I’d be able to find the things I need to find.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I judge a new idea by basing it on the reasons for which the creator thought it was valid.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
Going both for this one. I’d aim to be more lenient than I usually am, but I wouldn’t want to reach a point when I need to change my opinion drastically.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group
discussions?
Think before speaking is more favorable. I ought to be very timid, so I’d prefer to work in a group rather than have a one-on-one conversation where the chances of me talking would be more frequent. But if the activity is among friends, it doesn’t matter.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I can't afford to die for nothing :D And "What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say."

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
If it is to somewhere we have been planning to go to, then the show would be less important. Other than that scenario, I'd choose to enjoy my show with a tasty, tasty treat (fun all for myself hahaha :3)

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I have difficulty maintaining a visible composure. I would generally become more isolated.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
I dislike people who disrespect their teachers, parents, friends, and themselves.. people who are trapped in the idea of “I’m only being myself, It’s fine to disregard everything.” I also dislike those who make it a habit to make empty promises.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Nothing in particular. If this one’s a crucial part, please tell me.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
I feel most indifferent about how many friends I have compared to others

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
Rather than innocent, I’m just oblivious; rather than a genius; I’m just a house/book nerd; rather than snobbish and cold, I’m just shy.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Going to a bookstore or library to have a fine book to read, sleep, take a bike ride, pinterest (this is a noun), watch animes and k-dramas, play electronic games, complete an assignment or two..

This is a questionnaire I luckily happened to find. I hope I was able to knock down the important parts.
Thank you so, so much in advance :)

Rimarie

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You guys Ï„Ï„_____Ï„Ï„

I mean I already know what my Top 3 is: ISTJ / ISFP / ISTP

The first two dichotomies, I'm already sure about~

L

LadyLazarus

I think ISFJ actually, based off what I've read.

Of course, I will mention that sometimes female ISTJ's can look like ISFJ's, but I know an ISTJ who's also a 1w9 sp/so and she seems to be/is much colder and is incredibly inexpressive, she hardly ever cries.

I suggest not going off the dichotomies and instead going off the functions. The dichotomies aren't very accurate, according to them I'd be an ISTP, which is off function-wise in regards to what I actually use.

Good luck.

Alea_iacta_est

Succinct but lacking.

Plausible Te/Fi axis, which would be aux/tert most likely. If Ti/Fe, then dom./inf.

Which is more uncomfortable but still cherished? Expressing oneself emotionally to a group or person about how you feel about things, or the copious, unmanageable amounts of possible changes in the future?

Rimarie

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Succinct but lacking.

Plausible Te/Fi axis, which would be aux/tert most likely. If Ti/Fe, then dom./inf.

Which is more uncomfortable but still cherished? Expressing oneself emotionally to a group or person about how you feel about things, or the copious, unmanageable amounts of possible changes in the future?

ISTP, huh? :]
I find it more difficult to share my foretellings (and assume that others would understand).

Rimarie

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think ISFJ actually, based off what I've read.

Of course, I will mention that sometimes female ISTJ's can look like ISFJ's, but I know an ISTJ who's also a 1w9 sp/so and she seems to be/is much colder and is incredibly inexpressive, she hardly ever cries.

I suggest not going off the dichotomies and instead going off the functions. The dichotomies aren't very accurate, according to them I'd be an ISTP, which is off function-wise.

Good luck.

Woah, that's.. very unlike me.
You think so. I think I must..
I never realized that the combinations and functions can be antagonistic :O

Thank you! :D

W

WALMART

I would be an octopus.

Si can be a pretty emotional function. If intuition "glimpses past" the sense impression of objects, sense is particularly vivid in terms of what psychologically occurs - especially given the introverted preference. Depth and meaning are attributes of this function, and there's a lot of room for emotion with such subjects.

You're pretty terse. I wonder, what for you would qualify an Fe type.

I'll say ISTX.

Rimarie

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I would be an octopus.

Si can be a pretty emotional function. If intuition "glimpses past" the sense impression of objects, sense is particularly vivid in terms of what psychologically occurs - especially given the introverted preference. Depth and meaning are attributes of this function, and there's a lot of room for emotion with such subjects.

You're pretty terse. I wonder, what for you would qualify an Fe type.

I'll say ISTX.

I knew someone would pick on the title I chose >_<
I agree. Intuitives can be quite amibiguous in terms of expression.
Yes, I need to elaborate more.

I have someone that says T.. Thanks :)

Rimarie

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
After roaming the net more, I find that I connect to many ISTP traits, especially when I was younger (e.g. finding a clever place when playing hide-and-seek).
Maybe it's because ISTJ and -P are complementary ("They have interests in similar realms but their strengths have opposite emphasis. They solve the same problem with different approaches and for different reasons") that I mistook myself.
I'm becoming more J-ish as I'm growing up, I think.

I may not know what I'm talking about, still
:bunnyglee:

Rimarie

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=20868]LadyLazarus[/MENTION] [MENTION=15318]Nights and Days[/MENTION] [MENTION=20385]Alea_iacta_est[/MENTION] [MENTION=15886]superunknown[/MENTION] I was trying to find a type that describes me wholly, which was pathetic. Thank you for sharing your knowledge :D I've decided that ISFJ is the way to go.

Rimarie

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Knock, knock! Sorry for the interruption again, but is it strange for an ISTJ to be a 4w5?