• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

All bleed into none

bran^bran

MBTI Type
hrmm
Enneagram
eh
Okay here's my deal, I'm funky! Yea, we're all unique, and so not so special, except some people are, if the culture finds us useful, else it's just in our heads, or something.

So I take the test.. more than a couple, and each time I'm left realizing that the questions don't seem to make sense. They need to be further qualified, and I imagine myself being able to fill in each sliding scaled dot, depending on the exact situation, and my mood. An answer requires context, which they are without. I'm frustrated, and wonder if most people truly think that black and white, or settle on less than best?! I start to believe I'm untypable, but then decide to defer to a community which might know better.

Disclaimer: Considering the above, I'm on the fence about this system as a whole. I wonder if the framework has any validity, or if the assumptions are too loosely based, and the definitions perhaps are reshaped over time, from one community to the next. Like psychopathy, sociopathy, ASPD. The original definition of psychopathy is not how we know it today, and yet psychopathy is retired in most countries, and sociopathy may be interchanged in some people's minds, or perhaps it has to do with more genetic, and more environmental, or maybe intellectual differences, or processing differences, or maybe they're all archaic now and only ASPD exists, or subtypes within ASPD exist, but we can all agree that they're all different, unless you don't, and so what's the usefulness of these seemingly arbitrary distinctions at this point, and who could be benefiting from creating such a clusterfunk?! ...hrmmm.

Any clues?!

My take: keep the minions busy in their confusion, and self-delusions

myst1

Okay here's my deal, I'm funky! Yea, we're all unique, and so not so special, except some people are, if the culture finds us useful, else it's just in our heads, or something.

So I take the test.. more than a couple, and each time I'm left realizing that the questions don't seem to make sense. They need to be further qualified, and I imagine myself being able to fill in each sliding scaled dot, depending on the exact situation, and my mood. An answer requires context, which they are without. I'm frustrated, and wonder if most people truly think that black and white, or settle on less than best?! I start to believe I'm untypable, but then decide to defer to a community which might know better.

Disclaimer: Considering the above, I'm on the fence about this system as a whole. I wonder if the framework has any validity, or if the assumptions are too loosely based, and the definitions perhaps are reshaped over time, from one community to the next. Like psychopathy, sociopathy, ASPD. The original definition of psychopathy is not how we know it today, and yet psychopathy is retired in most countries, and sociopathy may be interchanged in some people's minds, or perhaps it has to do with more genetic, and more environmental, or maybe intellectual differences, or processing differences, or maybe they're all archaic now and only ASPD exists, or subtypes within ASPD exist, but we can all agree that they're all different, unless you don't, and so what's the usefulness of these seemingly arbitrary distinctions at this point, and who could be benefiting from creating such a clusterfunk?! ...hrmmm.

Any clues?!

My take: keep the minions busy in their confusion, and self-delusions

hah yeah funky.

the test questions are loosely correlated based on previously compiled and evaluated data. this is assuming you were talking about the official MBTI. however, if a test isn't one of the official MBTI tests, it means it's not standardized and so those correlations may be even more loose.

psychology of personality and social psychology in general are "loose" like that. you either like that or you don't but currently there isn't another choice about how to do research in those areas. the only delusional thing would be sticking to one theory forgetting that it's just a theory and not recognizing its limits.

as for the ASPD example. don't forget these are just concepts. don't confuse the map with the territory. about the usefulness of the concepts, ask the psychiatrists about how well it works for their patients and see.

bran^bran

MBTI Type
hrmm
Enneagram
eh
...but the whole point was that I'm trying to figure out my type, silly! That whole blabeling was just funzies and extra info to help out.

My type is funky?!

I

Infinite Bubble

Disclaimer: Considering the above, I'm on the fence about this system as a whole. I wonder if the framework has any validity, or if the assumptions are too loosely based, and the definitions perhaps are reshaped over time, from one community to the next.

Quick, run away now, before you get sucked in!

bran^bran

MBTI Type
hrmm
Enneagram
eh
You don't suck in a supernova, it engulfs you