123 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Post I am Jack's confused soul

I've observed that personal descriptions tend to be more successful than questionnaires in eliciting replies (probably because of the pedestrian nature of questionnaires) but since my level of indolence is off the charts... I'll just stick with a questionnaire for the time being. At least it will help kick-start the process. I think I'm pretty sure I have Ti-Fe instead of Te-Fi, by the way. Of course, my reasoning might be flawed which is why I'm resorting to this in the first place. Alas, my beguiling mind is not exactly a reliable judge.

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

Not at all. Perhaps laziness? But then again, laziness might compel me to reflect and introspect more.
    I'm a seventeen year old male. I'm lazy but healthy.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/396385...ore-2014-05-12
    It seems to me as if the little flower is being berated or chastised unanimously by a society of like-minded bigots. I'm not exactly sure why I think the society consists of bigots. Perhaps that's because bigots often tend to cooperate with their narrow-minded companions in order to bolster their fallacious views on life. They need external validation because that's what bigots are. External validation. They absorb the views of society. I can understand but not necessarily appreciate a bigot whose viewpoints were shared by personal experience because at least they're authentic. There's also the symbolism of the road. The little flower is walking down its own path. But it can only walk in a single direction because it's restricted by society, and maybe the powers that be AKA authority.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

My initial thoughts? Depends on a lot of factors. Was I listening to music? Was I staring at the world outside? Was I introspecting? Was I talking to my friends? Was I sleeping? Was I thinking about the concert in anticipation? My initial thoughts would vary. For example, if I was listening to music, I wouldn't be perturbed. If I was thinking about the concert, I would definitely be annoyed. If I was talking to my friends and the discussion was interesting, I wouldn't mind at all.
    At some point, I'll begin to do some quick calculations in my head, taking into account the time on the watch, the time remaining for the concert to begin, the assumed time it would take for the car to repair, the assumed speed of the car and the distance to the concert and find out if I would be able to arrive at the concert in time. Of course, there's also the possibility that I might just continue talking to my friends or listening to music in which case, I might even welcome the pause, particularly if I was reluctantly going to the concert, which is another scenario to consider because then I might actually rejoice at the break down of the car. There are so many variables and contingencies here.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

This again depends on multiple scenarios, particularly my mood and the atmosphere of the party. Do I even know the driver that well? My actions are not predetermined and static, so I frankly don't know. I'm actually quite changeable. I've been known to switch sides during debates and arguments faster than Miley Cyrus flicks her tongue. I read an article, process the information and maybe agree with the author if only for the sake of getting useful information, read the following comments and then agree with the contradictory arguments to the article if it sounds logical. What's next, I suddenly become exceptionally aware of the article's flaws and inconsistencies that were not visible in my initial perusal. Both the article and the comment seem right in their own way. And yet, there is a contradiction. Why did my mind change so swiftly and significantly? I don't even understand what my stance on the matter is. Small wonder I'm so indecisive. I find it hard to take sides. But when I do take sides, well... I change soon. That's why I'm not fond of For and Against debates.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

My inward reaction would be variable, giving a specific answer would only promote inaccuracy. I would question him, of course. I would ask him to explain his claim. Or, I might remain silent, lost in my thoughts, perhaps absorbing my experience at the concert. Which reminds me, have I already attended the party? I suppose I have, since I'm going back with the driver, and I don't consider myself assertive enough to have convinced him and a few more individuals to accompany me, especially if the driver wanted to attend the party. But then again, maybe I used the Geass on him. Alright, I digress.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

Research. What else should I do? Shake in disbelief? Cry? Maybe, but I'm not that emotional. I would certainly be a little inconvenienced.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

Dunno. I don't think I have values. I used to be an ass about things like cheating, swearing and stuff as a child because of my parents, though. And yes, I deliberately used a swear word to demonstrate that I'm not afraid to swear anymore. Of course, I realize the importance of values. It's funny how values and emotions are differentiated here. Emotions may compel a vengeful person to kill someone and not mind doing so. But then, what if that person also had values? Like Batman. His values entailed that he does not kill. But his emotions are also important and they're telling him to go against his values. So, what does he do in the end? Emotions, or values? Or logic? Maybe logic will tell him that killing someone would make things messy and attract trouble with the authorities (I'm talking about pure logic here, logic does not make someone a sociopath). Interesting.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
    I'm compelled to repress my inner thought process because I find it quite difficult to verbalize whatever crazy stuff goes in my mind. Besides, it's a waste of time. The conclusion's here. You can ask about the process later.
    I repress much when it comes to outward behavior because of my social anxiety. Often, especially in social circumstances, I get the weird feeling that the whole world is watching me and as a result, I become hypersensitive, embarrassed to make even a single wrong move. I become aware of every single detail about my appearance that could attract negative attention. I don't know why this happens. It sucks.

I'll answer the last four questions soon.

Props to those who got the Fight Club reference, by the way. You are awesome.
    Wow, I'm a Senior Member?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Anyone? I am Jack's anxious ball of curiosity. Disregard my signature, by the way.
    By the way, here's an eccentricity of mine. I never really know what my opinion is. I just... perceive. For example, I was recently reading a Youtube argument and I kept going back and forth between both the sides of the argument, even if they were contradictory. I didn't even know what my opinion on the matter was. I was just watching, like a spectator.

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfAwesome View Post
    1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/396385...ore-2014-05-12
    It seems to me as if the little flower is being berated or chastised unanimously by a society of like-minded bigots. I'm not exactly sure why I think the society consists of bigots. Perhaps that's because bigots often tend to cooperate with their narrow-minded companions in order to bolster their fallacious views on life. They need external validation because that's what bigots are. External validation. They absorb the views of society. I can understand but not necessarily appreciate a bigot whose viewpoints were shared by personal experience because at least they're authentic. There's also the symbolism of the road. The little flower is walking down its own path. But it can only walk in a single direction because it's restricted by society, and maybe the powers that be AKA authority.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

My initial thoughts? Depends on a lot of factors. Was I listening to music? Was I staring at the world outside? Was I introspecting? Was I talking to my friends? Was I sleeping? Was I thinking about the concert in anticipation? My initial thoughts would vary. For example, if I was listening to music, I wouldn't be perturbed. If I was thinking about the concert, I would definitely be annoyed. If I was talking to my friends and the discussion was interesting, I wouldn't mind at all.
    At some point, I'll begin to do some quick calculations in my head, taking into account the time on the watch, the time remaining for the concert to begin, the assumed time it would take for the car to repair, the assumed speed of the car and the distance to the concert and find out if I would be able to arrive at the concert in time. Of course, there's also the possibility that I might just continue talking to my friends or listening to music in which case, I might even welcome the pause, particularly if I was reluctantly going to the concert, which is another scenario to consider because then I might actually rejoice at the break down of the car. There are so many variables and contingencies here*.
    Congrats, you're an Ni-valuer.

Gulenko would also be proud to see his 'if then else' style thinking for Dialectical-Algorithmic laid out so clearly.

Although Number 6 would be indicative of rather weak Fi (possibly Trickster/PoLR), your analysis of the flower is more inclined to show animosity to Fe.

* The amateur might confuse this with Ne, but this is regarding the external environment and is thus indicative of a dynamic function (the environment is too chaotic to predict) and juxtaposes the hypothetical nature of Ne, which postulates possibilities under ideal circumstances, whereas the probability-orientation of Ni is inclined to take note of the dynamic variables in the environment and recognize the not-ideal circumstances and thus be able to somewhat account for them.

Probably INTJ. We should start a club for all of the ambiverted INTJs that have thought they were xNTPs at one point or another.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Congrats, you're an Ni-valuer.

Gulenko would also be proud to see his 'if then else' style thinking for Dialectical-Algorithmic laid out so clearly.

Although Number 6 would be indicative of rather weak Fi (possibly Trickster/PoLR), your analysis of the flower is more inclined to show animosity to Fe.

* The amateur might confuse this with Ne, but this is regarding the external environment and is thus indicative of a dynamic function (the environment is too chaotic to predict) and juxtaposes the hypothetical nature of Ne, which postulates possibilities under ideal circumstances, whereas the probability-orientation of Ni is inclined to take note of the dynamic variables in the environment and recognize the not-ideal circumstances and thus be able to somewhat account for them.

Probably INTJ. We should start a club for all of the ambiverted INTJs that have thought they were xNTPs at one point or another.
    Hmmm, interesting. I'm most curious about Se as an inferior function. How does it manifest in one's thought process? And yes, I always thought there was something wrong with Ne. It never seemed to fit altogether. I was more inclined towards Ni, but then I realized I must have Ne because I was under the fallacious assumption that I was also an Si user. Fallacy in my tendency to associate Si with nostalgia and recollection of past experiences. I'm prone to hyper-analyzing my past, going to the extent as to assign ratings to the years and comparing months. For some reason, it's a delightful mental exercise. I often used it to search for trends and predict my future. I even came up with an elaborate theory concerning this.

Socionics
    ILI

Hmmm, interesting. I'm most curious about Se as an inferior function. How does it manifest in one's thought process?
    Inferiority complex surrounding the perception of the physical world and interacting with the physical world, often leading to negativist forecasting of simple, everyday things like "I don't want to drive to [insert unknown place here], the road signs will probably be confusing and I'll get lost and it'll be terrible...".

Inferior Se, as an unconscious function, will often cause Ni users to subconsciously assert themselves and their presence, and under stress and negatively expressed, this is magnified exponentially. There is a desire to live in the moment and do things without planning/thinking about it, but it seems rather scary at the same time due to how reckless it would be to not contingency plan and predict. When Se is expressed incredibly negatively, you get an INTJ like Walter White from Breaking Bad, who becomes avaricious, domineering, cutthroat, and focused on material wealth while simultaneously justifying his darkened Se with Fi (I'm doing this so that my family can be provided for, I'm doing this because I have to, etc.), Ni and Te become enslaved by Se's ambition and Fi's justification.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Inferiority complex surrounding the perception of the physical world and interacting with the physical world, often leading to negativist forecasting of simple, everyday things like "I don't want to drive to [insert unknown place here], the road signs will probably be confusing and I'll get lost and it'll be terrible...".

Inferior Se, as an unconscious function, will often cause Ni users to subconsciously assert themselves and their presence, and under stress and negatively expressed, this is magnified exponentially. There is a desire to live in the moment and do things without planning/thinking about it, but it seems rather scary at the same time due to how reckless it would be to not contingency plan and predict. When Se is expressed incredibly negatively, you get an INTJ like Walter White from Breaking Bad, who becomes avaricious, domineering, cutthroat, and focused on material wealth while simultaneously justifying his darkened Se with Fi (I'm doing this so that my family can be provided for, I'm doing this because I have to, etc.).
    Hmmm... I can relate. Is inferior Se also in pertinence with over-indulgence? I've observed that in times of stress, I tend to acquire a devil-may-care mindset where I'm only concerned about having fun in the immediate present and I lose track of time. For example, one day before an exam I didn't study for, I might waste the entire day browsing the internet, and not for knowledge. As a matter of fact, I often look towards materialistic pleasures to distract me from stress, which can eventually aggravate it. It's a vicious cycle.

Socionics
    ILI

Hmmm... I can relate. Is inferior Se also in pertinence with over-indulgence? I've observed that in times of stress, I tend to acquire a devil-may-care mindset where I'm only concerned about having fun in the immediate present and I lose track of time. For example, one day before an exam I didn't study for, I might waste the entire day browsing the internet, and not for knowledge. As a matter of fact, I often look towards materialistic pleasures to distract me from stress, which can eventually aggravate it. It's a vicious cycle.
    Indulgence and/or Overindulgence/Underindulgence is more in the department of Introverted Sensation, but inferior Se can manifest itself through either the unconscious need to be solving/doing something and/or finishing work, but this doesn't always happen because (and transition to Socionics) the INTp is a relatively inactive, sluggish type due to the melancholic Ip temperament, and thus relies on Se to act as the Dual-Seeking function, which means that it attempts to drawn in the Se lead ESFp dual to help motivate (properly) the INTp to assert themselves and do things/finsih things and/or help the INTp with Se related matters. There can be an unconscious sense of needing to do something, however, even if the Se-inferior/DS type doesn't necessarily always do it.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Indulgence and/or Overindulgence/Underindulgence is more in the department of Introverted Sensation, but inferior Se can manifest itself through either the unconscious need to be solving/doing something and/or finishing work, but this doesn't always happen because (and transition to Socionics) the INTp is a relatively inactive, sluggish type due to the melancholic Ip temperament, and thus relies on Se to act as the Dual-Seeking function, which means that it attempts to drawn in the Se lead ESFp dual to help motivate (properly) the INTp to assert themselves and do things/finsih things and/or help the INTp with Se related matters. There can be an unconscious sense of needing to do something, however, even if the Se-inferior/DS type doesn't necessarily always do it.
    What are your thoughts on my experience with what I perceived to be Si?

I completely relate to that. Combined with my perilous propensity for procrastination, it would be a horrible predicament. And yes, I seem to recall becoming more assertive and blunt during such times of stress, often to the displeasure of my family who reprimanded me for being rude. They would also be astonished because usually I'm a laid-back and composed person.

Socionics
    ILI

What are your thoughts on my experience with what I perceived to be Si?
    Well, Si is nostalgia and recollection of past experiences, but Ni is too. The difference lies in that Si relives the past for the past's sake, and often attempts to incorporate the past into the present, but Ni hyper-analyzes the past for meaning, often skirting details to get the essence of a memory rather than engaging the past for its own sake, attempting to use that meaning to predict the future.

Another thing that distinguishes Si valuing types from Ni valuing types is the association of memories with objects in the present. Lead Ni types like myself are completely baffled by the attachment of memories to objects, instead focusing on the mechanical use of the object (Se > Si). Si valuing types would be the creators of memorabilia, they actively attach themselves to objects in the environment by associating memories with them, such as a long lost relative with a necklace, etc.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Well, Si is nostalgia and recollection of past experiences, but Ni is too. The difference lies in that Si relives the past for the past's sake, and often attempts to incorporate the past into the present, but Ni hyper-analyzes the past for meaning, often skirting details to get the essence of a memory rather than engaging the past for its own sake, attempting to use that meaning to predict the future.

Another thing that distinguishes Si valuing types from Ni valuing types is the association of memories with objects in the present. Lead Ni types like myself are completely baffled by the attachment of memories to objects, instead focusing on the mechanical use of the object (Se > Si). Si valuing types would be the creators of memorabilia, they actively attach themselves to objects in the environment by associating memories with them, such as a long lost relative with a necklace, etc.
    I think I am somewhat guilty of attaching sentiment to objects. A few years ago, my house underwent a renovation where all the furniture was to be replaced. I remember feeling quite despondent. I felt as if I was losing a part of my identity. I did not normally care about those objects, indeed they were usually invisible to me. Physical objects often are invisible to me, as a matter of fact. Maybe that's why I frequently bump into them. But when the time came for them to be taken away, I was displeased. It's comparable to the scene from Fight Club where the narrator laments over having his apartment burned. Perhaps it's just the "you don't know what you have until it's gone" instance. But yeah, I don't think I attach specific memories to objects. If anything, I just see an object and realize how long it's been in my possession and how I came to possess it. Sometimes, I'm not even sure how those objects came into my possession in the first place.

What makes you think that I'm an INTJ instead of INFJ, by the way? What's the difference between Te and Ti in this regard?

ILI might feel some irregularity in their own body and not realize its significance to the overall functioning of the body. An ILI will often try to determine the consequence of such symptoms through their own understanding of anatomy (or 'google it'), often blowing things out of proportion. An ILI's sense of self doubt may lead to such assumptions as the presence of a brain tumor as the result of a mere headache. In contrast to valuing types, ILIs are significantly less adept at making adjustments to their lifestyle to correct these minor ailments.
    Guilty as charged. In fact, the brain tumor example has happened to me on many occasions.