User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How did you discovered your type?

729 sx/sp
    IEE Ne

Took a simple test, related to it a lot and researched it a bunch. Google led me to this site in a lot if my searches so I decided to join. From there, I found out about other systems and explored those too.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by fghw View Post
    That's why its in the What's my Type? forum.

(Why is there no Wonka emoticon?)
    It's on this forum because;
    1. You're asking yourself "What is my type?"
    2. Maybe from your stories I'll have a little more idea of how discovering my type.
    3. I had no idea where else to post this thread, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLazarus View Post
    Oh! I also made a human sacrifice to Conan O'brien. I think it may have been the key actually. I take everything I said in my last post back.

If you want to find your type make a sacrifice to a mildly famous, dance-y ginger.
    Oh, you're right. Thank you so much! Do you think George Weasley will accept my human sacrifce, or is he too ficitional?

Thank you guys so much for sharing your stories with me!

I originally tested as INFP. Since then, my relationship with typology, as a whole, has remained tenuous. I see my typing as an approximation, but I really came to terms with Fi and Ne after reading Jung's Personality Types.

Crossing the Styx Array Dr Mobius's Avatar
    7w8 sp/sx

It took quite a while some of which was a lack self-honesty, others parts related to the distortion of types. My belief that my inability to deal with reality was an intuitive trait; rather than a normal human failing. I finally released not too long ago that my resemblance to Russian housewives was unmistakable, and my deep love of cookies really just clinched it for me.
    But sail upon the wind of lamentation, my friends, and about your head row with your hands' rapid stroke in conveyance of the dead, that stroke which always causes the sacred slack-sailed, black-clothed ship Charon to pass over Acheron to the unseen land here Apollon does not walk, the sunless land that receives all men.

5w6 sp/sx

The identification was immediate on both mbti and Enneagram, but I spent some time interacting with people with similar typings (who seemed to be correctly typed) to see if their thought processes seemed similar enough

5 so/sx

I took tests online, with varied results. It was confusing at first, even when I began reading about functions. :P Learning enneagram helped clear up some confusions. Actually I think exposure to both theories made me more conscious of how I function. After more readings and introspection, I realized I'm definitely an Fi-dom sensor.

Fortune cookie.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Tempbanned Array
    EIE Ni

Oh yeah, on a forum I used to be a member of (before I got kicked out by butthurt mods for "misogyny", lolol) which had nothing to to with personality there was a thread about MBTI, I came out as INTJ.

I didn't care much for it at the time but this year I started to get a bit more interested in personality so did further research into it. I always had difficulty as I come out as INFJ on tests due to having high Fi and experiencing strong emotions internally (it's also why I have a Type 4 Enneagram) but I don't relate to the idealism of INFJs. If I don't think an idea will work in practice - and I look for any potential consequences in the long term more than short term probably - I reject it.