User Tag List

12311 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 116

Thread: I'm so confused

  1. #1
    Senior Member LanaBanana's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    MBTI
    XXFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp
    Posts
    209

    Default I'm so confused

    I've already opened a thread discussing my type and I was pretty sure I was an ENTP. But when I asked my friends which type do the associate me with, and they said ENTJ though both of them sounds a lot like me, and one couldn't decide. I think they decided that based on the fact that I'm the "leader" of the group (my friends are INTJ, ISFJ and INFJx2). I took the cognitive functions quiz once again and those were the results:

    Te (Extroverted Thinking) (60%)
    your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods

    Ti (Introverted Thinking) (85%)
    your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational

    Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (90%)
    your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli

    Ni (Introverted Intuition) (75%)
    your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity

    Se (Extroverted Sensing) (5%)
    your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment

    Si (Introverted Sensing) (55%)
    your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments

    Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (50%)
    your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups

    Fi (Introverted Feeling) (40%)
    your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment

    Help me please? Can I be an ENTP who's very close to being ENTJ or something along those lines?

  2. #2
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,771

    Default

    I have a test, we interact if you hate me you're entj if you think I'm awesome you're entp.
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  3. #3
    Senior Member LanaBanana's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    MBTI
    XXFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp
    Posts
    209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I have a test, we interact if you hate me you're entj if you think I'm awesome you're entp.
    Haha I think your test might be more reliable than the tests offered online, it's so confusing.

  4. #4
    Member Agnes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    89?
    Posts
    83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LanaBanana View Post
    I took the cognitive functions quiz once again and those were the results:

    Te (Extroverted Thinking) (60%)
    your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods

    Ti (Introverted Thinking) (85%)
    your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational

    Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (90%)
    your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli

    Ni (Introverted Intuition) (75%)
    your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity

    Se (Extroverted Sensing) (5%)
    your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment

    Si (Introverted Sensing) (55%)
    your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments

    Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (50%)
    your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups

    Fi (Introverted Feeling) (40%)
    your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment

    Help me please? Can I be an ENTP who's very close to being ENTJ or something along those lines?
    Bolded is ENTP and underlined ENTJ, I think you can draw a conclusion by yourself

  5. #5
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LanaBanana View Post
    Haha I think your test might be more reliable than the tests offered online, it's so confusing.
    Oh it is.
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  6. #6

    Default

    Wait until I've had more interaction with you, then I will let you know. If I like you, chances are you are ENTP. ENTJs have a way of rubbing me the wrong way (not all of them).
    Masculine presenting transgender lesbian

  7. #7
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,655

    Default

    You took a function strength test. While they can be indicative, they're more likely to show how comfortable you are using a particular function. It also will show you that if you're a Ti-lover, you likely have a handle on *some* Te, and the same for all the other functions.

    MBTI however is about preferences - just because you're comfortable using a function as a tool in life, doesn't mean it's your go-to in every situation. So while strength tests have their use, they're not the best way to figure out your type.

    The way I determined I was ENFP and not INFP - after scoring equally high on Fi and Ne in the strength test - was by going over the role each function is to fulfil (don't have that info on hand to link to though, anyone got this stashed somewhere?).

    For instance, the dominant function is the way you view the world. The coloured glasses through which you see the world and the way your pov is influenced and skewed. You engage just about anything on your path with this one, first.

    The auxiliary function tends to be the one with which we love others. We utilise it to interact with others.

    For an INFP and an ENFP, the difference shows to be significant: using Ne to interact with others instead of interacting with the world is a big difference. And utilising Fi to judge the world or using it to love and interact with others looks very different. The auxiliary function also is used more narrowly and has less of your ego invested in it. ENFPs look more crazy and random due to this, despite the fact that it is often INFPs who, during interaction with others - not the world itself - pull crazy jokes, jump from topic to topic and use Ne to get to know the person, see all their angles.

    The Tertiary is called the relief function for a reason, and so on. Each function will serve you in a particular way, regardless of its strength as measured by the test you took.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  8. #8
    Senior Member LanaBanana's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    MBTI
    XXFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp
    Posts
    209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agnes View Post
    Bolded is ENTP and underlined ENTJ, I think you can draw a conclusion by yourself
    Hahaha I guess I can. Though is there a reason for my friends to type me as ENTJ? Maybe I'm just really orginized perciever or something like that? Hahaha I read ENTJ women are very forceful and may be seen as unfeminine and I'm really not like that, though I'm also not that laid back like ENTPs are. I don't know, really!

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    Oh it is.
    I can't wait to have more interaction with you, then! I've never met an INFP in real life so I'm really excited.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    Wait until I've had more interaction with you, then I will let you know. If I like you, chances are you are ENTP. ENTJs have a way of rubbing me the wrong way (not all of them).
    Something tells me that ENTJs aren't very likeable, hmmm... Well, usually I don't rub people the wrong way (Uhm, I think so?), so I hope I won't annoy you too much as well.

    Thank you all for your responses, by the way!

  9. #9
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    *cough*enfj*cough*

  10. #10
    Senior Member LanaBanana's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    MBTI
    XXFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp
    Posts
    209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    You took a function strength test. While they can be indicative, they're more likely to show how comfortable you are using a particular function. It also will show you that if you're a Ti-lover, you likely have a handle on *some* Te, and the same for all the other functions.

    MBTI however is about preferences - just because you're comfortable using a function as a tool in life, doesn't mean it's your go-to in every situation. So while strength tests have their use, they're not the best way to figure out your type.

    The way I determined I was ENFP and not INFP was by going over the role each function is to fulfil (don't have that info on hand to link to though, anyone got this stashed somewhere?).

    For instance, the dominant function is the way you view the world. The coloured glasses through which you see the world and the way your pov is influenced and skewed. You engage just about anything on your path with this one, first.

    The auxiliary function tends to be the one with which we love others. We utilise it to interact with others.

    For an INFP and an ENFP, the difference shows to be significant: using Ne to interact with others instead of interacting with the world is a big difference. And utilising Fi to judge the world or using it to love and interact with others looks very different. The auxiliary function also is used more narrowly and has less of your ego invested in it. ENFPs look more crazy and random due to this, despite the fact that it is often INFPs who, during interaction with others - not the world itself - pull crazy jokes, jump from topic to topic and use Ne to get to know the person, see all their angles.

    The Tertiary is called the relief function for a reason, and so on. Each function will serve you in a particular way, regardless of its strength as measured by the test you took.
    Woah, that's super detailed. Thank you so much! I will continue reading about cognitive functions (it's a hard material and there isn't enough of it in my native language, but I don't care). Study one's personality is quite hard, and seems like the more I read into it the more complicated it gets.

Similar Threads

  1. so confused about my type
    By lume in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 11-20-2015, 12:50 PM
  2. I am still so confused! Please help me with my type
    By Fay in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 09-26-2013, 01:57 PM
  3. ISTJ or ISFP??? I'm so confused
    By ScarletRose in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-21-2011, 06:00 PM
  4. Dammit Enneagram is so confusing! XP
    By Elfboy in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-30-2011, 05:05 PM
  5. ah, so confused...
    By LizMusica in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-28-2008, 08:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO