• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've also tested as ENFP.

I never claimed I was kind. I said people seem to think kind ENTPs don't exist.

I'm pretty sure my avatar means I thought that spiderman panel was funny.

... you also have Asperger's.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
You and Matthew Z are arguing from the same assumption - that SF is an ideal type for being a mother and that this a universally accepted truth. I understand that it is the most cliche type for a mother, given our general cultural disposition, but as I have said before, INTJs are not the conformist type.

And it is at this point that you misinterpret my argument. Simply because one uses behavior often associated with a specific type does not even imply that one is the aforementioned type. A rational person should use the easiest and most efficient approach available to them. If you are to suggest that INTJs do not use approach, I would like to contest your suggestion. For whatever reason, it appears that INTJMom uses an approach to parenting that is traditionally associated with ISFJs. Had she been raised by an SF parent, she could very well be modeling a familiar experience, tweaking it slightly to give her own children that best she can. Perhaps she read a few books and got advice on parenting in a way that strongly implied an ISFJ-like approach. In neither of these situations does she have to be an ISFJ in order to use an ISFJ approach.

I further argue that I have yet to see any sort of inclination in Mom to prefer Fe over Te. While she may be cooperative in communication, this is merely a result communication skills, not Fe. Everything I've seen from her indicates a level of Te pragmatism.

If INTJMom is not an INTJ, I would suspect her to be ISTJ, not ISFJ.

LEGERdeMAIN

Someday I'll figure out what type I really am. As for now, I'll keep masquerading as an INFP. For the record, I'm a big fan of turn-based dominance.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Someone mistyped me as entp, I am rather intrested into turn-based dominance ( that is something nasty isnt it ? ) xD

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Well I'm hardly a Guru on this stuff but my impression of S'hhorrss has always been INTJ. I have a fundamental lack of need for structure when contemplating anything. Fuzzy is too light a word I think...mushy, or nebulous are better. I excel at freeform, abstract thought... thinking of strange, unexpected answers is a delight to me even if they are utterly useless to the question at hand.

Bluewing never seems to just...well...mentally jack off, for lack of a better term. Whereas that's about all I ever do. I know it may seem to some like that's what he does but...well...look, can you picture him coming up with some shit like the Cult of Five Four Chick tract? Everything he does is so, purposeful? Deliberate? I don't know how to say it. Structured, but that word lacks all flavor...it's the basic need, almost desperation for structure I sense in his writing and all my dealings with him that is so weirdly alien to me.

But on the gripping hand, it's the lists. He worships lists, people. J.
A sound description. I say that's about it. The case is closed.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i recall someone going into vent and asking if i was an ENTP
this shocked me, in accordance with an INTP saying that I
1. reminded her of her ENFJ friend, but used Ne big time

so I ask you, again
ENFJ - ESTP - anything else than INFJ?

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i recall someone going into vent and asking if i was an ENTP
this shocked me, in accordance with an INTP saying that I
1. reminded her of her ENFJ friend, but used Ne big time

so I ask you, again
ENFJ - ESTP - anything else than INFJ?

I'm asked in here occasionally if I'm enfp, which I don't blame anyone because I do come off a lot more vociferous and am downright more naughty than most of the infjs seem to be on here (enfp traits?)......What up? It's starting to make me paranoid that I really don't know anything about how I think or functions, etc. :laugh: