• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Oh! Awesome!

You're glad? Interesting.

Well, I mean, it does make sense. I never saw it before because I had such a limited opinion of Ne based on what I'd seen of INxPs... but after meeting a few ENTPs, I found that not only were some of them fairly Introverted, but their N was typically a lot stronger. Some of the ENTPs I'd based my previous opinion on now see more like INTPs, ESTPs, and ENTJs.

Plus, most of them have that same desire to create something in the external world that you do, get that odd rebelliousness at being told to do something, and tend to be at the mercy of their impulses a lot of the time despite being just as intelligent as I am and thinking in similar ways (though eventually being able to direct themselves into meaningful action in spite of it).

Most of what you do and think involves other people in some way, whether through the Internet or in real life. You naturally make other people a part of what you do, and crave their input rather than shunning it (though you stongly prefer input that supports or examines your impulse more than ones that shoot it down, which you receive too often). You even have tons of unfinished projects, or random opportunities you did just enough to open up and then abandoned lying around in various places, maybe coming back later or not. That's the poster child for Ne dominance. You also have this penchant for drama and exaggeration that fits with them as well.

Sorry for the long-winded analysis there.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was unaware that we had any Inuits posting here.
They recently got high speed internet via satellite, but I agree there certainly aren't as many true Inuits as claim to be online.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Synarch is an ENFP

I used to test that way in college. Then I realized that taking everything so personally and so seriously was out of step with reality, which is that no one cares. I was also friends with a solid INTJ and worked in a video game company with lots of other NT's, so it could be that I changed over time. Earlier in college, I was surrounded with NF's.

You don't have to be an F to be romantic and/or compassionate. It just ends up that way 9 times out of 10.

That's true. Also, being romantic could just be a pose.

Nah, he's ENTP for sure.

I also can't see anything else but INFJ for LA... I don't know if peeps are joking or not but I have seen her type queried a few times so just thought I'd say.

Well he is definately more T than you, but I think he shifts ever so slightly over to the F side of the specrtum.... kind of in the same way as his repressed homosexuality.

That's just the way you move me, my little Tatar friend.

That's just INTJ wishful thinking, :p, (we all know how famously INTJs and ENFPs get along!)

He's too impersonal/detached to be ENFP imo. But perhaps it is poor form to be speculating about someone else's type whilst they aren't about.

I think there is something to this. Edgar wants to understand why he's inexplicably drawn to me. And rather than cop to his own subterranean feelings, he feels obliged to attribute it to some sort of anomaly.

You N's and your wishful thinking.

We do get a little out of step with reality.

Oh but he's always around... haunting me in my wetdreams.

That lousy minx.

You could just pick up the phone instead of baiting me into responding to you. INXJ's can be so passive aggressive when they want to be noticed.

Usehername

On a mission
I believe she's merely taken on a few ISFJ elements simply because ISFJ is largely in line with the stereotypical "mom" persona. Upon digging deeper, her Ni-Te approach becomes more apparent. She seems to have some sort of admiration for Fe, but it would appear to be more of a strong Te attempting to branch out. (and, of course, society preferring F in females would lead to it being channeled differently)

While the "family values" she preaches are often associated with stereotypical SJs, (Si users) I don't see very much of an Si train of thought behind her reasons for holding those beliefs.

INTJs rarely conform for the sake of conforming, especially when it comes to personal life.

You misinterpret my post.

Such "conforming" was not for the sake of conforming. I suspect that she deduced her lifestyle to be the most efficient and convenient. I further suspect a Te basis behind choosing such a path in life, (things are simpler, easier, etc) not a basis that would revolve around any of the ISFJ's key functions.

So an INTJ deduced that the most efficient way to live a life is to act like an ISFJ because, apparently, as you claim, things become "simpler and easier" that way?

Sorry, I'm not convinced.

Being a mother and an INTJ are not mutually exclusive. Read ceecee's posts as an illustration. She's a mother, and an INTJ.

I'm confident she's an INTJ; she just spent a few decades raising kids before the 'net was available, and if you took any individual and put them as a SAHM in that time period they'd adapt to SFness skill out of necessity. NTJs are pragmatic. Sort of like how there are excellent NTJ athletes, when sports should be Se or Ne users. Just because someone is good at sports doesn't preclude them from being an INTJ.
The way I see it, INTJMom never had strong N or T to begin with (but certainly a preference, though) and lived environmental factors colours how you see her.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm confident she's an INTJ; she just spent a few decades raising kids before the 'net was available, and if you took any individual and put them as a SAHM in that time period they'd adapt to SFness skill out of necessity. NTJs are pragmatic. Sort of like how there are excellent NTJ athletes, when sports should be Se or Ne users. Just because someone is good at sports doesn't preclude them from being an INTJ.
The way I see it, INTJMom never had strong N or T to begin with (but certainly a preference, though) and lived environmental factors colours how you see her.

You and Matthew Z are arguing from the same assumption - that SF is an ideal type for being a mother and that this a universally accepted truth. I understand that it is the most cliche type for a mother, given our general cultural disposition, but as I have said before, INTJs are not the conformist type.

I am not saying that you are definately wrong, but for you to be right, INTJmom has to be an INTJ and think that being an SF is an ideal personality for a mother. This is an unproven assumption that I did not incorporate into my orginal observation when I questioned her NT-ness.

Usehername

On a mission
You and Matthew Z are arguing from the same assumption - that SF is an ideal type for being a mother and that this a universally accepted truth. I understand that it is the most cliche type for a mother, given our general cultural disposition, but as I have said before, INTJs are not the conformist type.

I am not saying that you are definately wrong, but for you to be right, INTJmom has to be an INTJ and think that being an SF is an ideal personality for a mother.

I don't believe it's the ideal "mother" type. I just believe that it's the most culturally accepted type (especially considering her kids' ages, i.e. not today's standards, but standards earlier), so when she would be bringing her kids to the playground, and other moms begin talking about recipes or gardening or what they want to paint their living room walls, it's a lot easier to find acceptance if you project that you value SFJness. I'd rather have the opportunity to talk to an adult about SFJ stuff than have to listen to a four-year-old tell knock-knock jokes that aren't even truly jokes that you have to laugh at. (Talking only to little kids is intellectually isolating more than talking to only to SFJ SAHMs.) Hence the "pragmatic" speak rather than what you assert about actually valuing it.

I met an INTP mom who had a masters from Duke, and she spoke about how next-to-impossible it was to find another SAHM she actually related to, and basically said all this without knowing about MBTI.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't believe it's the ideal "mother" type. I just believe that it's the most culturally accepted type (especially considering her kids' ages, i.e. not today's standards, but standards earlier), so when she would be bringing her kids to the playground, and other moms begin talking about recipes or gardening or what they want to paint their living room walls, it's a lot easier to find acceptance if you project that you value SFJness. I'd rather have the opportunity to talk to an adult about SFJ stuff than have to listen to a four-year-old tell knock-knock jokes that aren't even truly jokes that you have to laugh at.

Again, you are making an assumption that as soon as a baby crawls out of a mother's uterus, that mother turns into an SFJ.

There are other non-SFJ mothers out there that an INTJ mother could speak to, or if all fails she could just read a book.

What makes you think that an INTJ mother at a playground MUST communicate with the other mothers ALL of whom are SFJ?

There are numerous instances in life where I was surrounded by SJs (USMC comes to mind). None of that turned me into an SJ. If anything, it repulsed me from a lot of SJ mentality due to the fact how heavy handedly it was enforced.

I met an INTP mom who had a masters from Duke, and she spoke about how next-to-impossible it was to find another SAHM she actually related to, and basically said all this without knowing about MBTI.

Don't tell me that INTP mother turned into an ISFJ because of it?

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
No, he's not. And I'm starting to wonder if people think kind ENTPs are a myth.

Too late, he already admitted to testing as an ENFP.

Also, you are not the "kind" type. And your avatar is proof.

Qre:us

I think Qre:us is a sensor, leaning more towards F than T. Don't know about his I/E and def. not about his P-ness vJayness.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hahah... my ENTP best friend I have is an absolute ham. He tries so hard to be Mr. Macho, and he -is-, but then he'll see a puppy or something.... "OMYGOODNESS IT'S SO CUTE! Steph! STEPH! Look! A PUPPY! Awwwwww......"

Oh and he definitely has a big plushy sensitive side. :devil: I think he's thought just about every girl he's dated was "The One," which sounds like a very ENFP thing to do, but... he's definitely not one. I get a totally different vibe off him than from other ENFPs I've met.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hahah... my ENTP best friend I have is an absolute ham. He tries so hard to be Mr. Macho, and he -is-, but then he'll see a puppy or something.... "OMYGOODNESS IT'S SO CUTE! Steph! STEPH! Look! A PUPPY! Awwwwww......"

Could be your ENTP friend is just queer.

On a more serious note, it is silly to assume that Ts are incapable of being kind, and that Fs are incapable of being mean. However, the way it is expressed is different. For example, INTJs kindness is different from that of an INFJ - just as pimp's love is different from that of a square.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Could be your ENTP friend is just queer.

On a more serious note, it is silly to assume that Ts are incapable of being kind, and that Fs are incapable of being mean. However, the way it is expressed is different. For example, INTJs kindness is different from that of an INFJ - just as pimp's love is different from that of a square.

Coincidentally, a lot of people initially think he is gay. He's just so enthusiastic!

Edit: No offense intended to anyone, I swear. :huh:

Usehername

On a mission
Again, you are making an assumption that as soon as a baby crawls out of a mother's uterus, that mother turns into an SFJ.

There are other non-SFJ mothers out there that an INTJ mother could speak to, or if all fails she could just read a book.

What makes you think that an INTJ mother at a playground MUST communicate with the other mothers ALL of whom are SFJ?

There are numerous instances in life where I was surrounded by SJs (USMC comes to mind). None of that turned me into an SJ. If anything, it repulsed me from a lot of SJ mentality due to the fact how heavy handedly it was enforced.

Don't tell me that INTP mother turned into an ISFJ because of it?

NOO. You are not listening.

OF COURSE if an INTx SAHM found another NT or NF of some sort, they would drop the chatter about household cleaners and quilting patterns and hang out with that more relatable SAHM instead. But I have done a lot of babysitting, and I can assure you that the overwhelming majority of SAHM talk revolves around safe and boring topics for an INTx. Even if they're not SFJ specific, they're about clothing/home care/child care/yard care/husband's job/updating on outings rather than anything remotely philosophical.
But when you spend 24/7 with little kids, even this type of conversation is RELATIVELY intellectually stimulating, so a pragmatic INTx mom would conform enough to be accepted into that conversation.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
You're glad? Interesting.

Well, I mean, it does make sense. I never saw it before because I had such a limited opinion of Ne based on what I'd seen of INxPs... but after meeting a few ENTPs, I found that not only were some of them fairly Introverted, but their N was typically a lot stronger. Some of the ENTPs I'd based my previous opinion on now see more like INTPs, ESTPs, and ENTJs.

Plus, most of them have that same desire to create something in the external world that you do, get that odd rebelliousness at being told to do something, and tend to be at the mercy of their impulses a lot of the time despite being just as intelligent as I am and thinking in similar ways (though eventually being able to direct themselves into meaningful action in spite of it).

Most of what you do and think involves other people in some way, whether through the Internet or in real life. You naturally make other people a part of what you do, and crave their input rather than shunning it (though you stongly prefer input that supports or examines your impulse more than ones that shoot it down, which you receive too often). You even have tons of unfinished projects, or random opportunities you did just enough to open up and then abandoned lying around in various places, maybe coming back later or not. That's the poster child for Ne dominance. You also have this penchant for drama and exaggeration that fits with them as well.

Sorry for the long-winded analysis there.

Cool! So I'm an ENTP now.

That's a load off my shoulders. Now I no longer have to take over the world and am just left with the much simpler task of blowing it up :D

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
NOO. You are not listening.

OF COURSE if an INTx SAHM found another NT or NF of some sort, they would drop the chatter about household cleaners and quilting patterns and hang out with that more relatable SAHM instead. But I have done a lot of babysitting, and I can assure you that the overwhelming majority of SAHM talk revolves around safe and boring topics for an INTx. Even if they're not SFJ specific, they're about clothing/home care/child care/yard care/husband's job/updating on outings rather than anything remotely philosophical.
But when you spend 24/7 with little kids, even this type of conversation is RELATIVELY intellectually stimulating, so a pragmatic INTx mom would conform enough to be accepted into that conversation.

Understandable.

But this isn't really an SFJ heavy forum, so I don't see a reason for an INTJ to "conform into a conversation".

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Too late, he already admitted to testing as an ENFP.

Also, you are not the "kind" type. And your avatar is proof.

I've also tested as ENFP.

I never claimed I was kind. I said people seem to think kind ENTPs don't exist.

I'm pretty sure my avatar means I thought that spiderman panel was funny.