• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

statuesquechica

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There is only one thing I want people to know, besides that they can all do what they want: I want them to understand that you firstly have to get to know the real world to some degree and create your own image about things and then afterwards you can start with mbti. If you do create your world thru mbti, you will never have your own self and the real world being in sync.

This above statement really resonates with me...for some reason it gives me a sense of peace to have someone validate my belief that a test can never possibly know you, better than yourself.

I have gotten INFJ every time I ever tested, but I can be ENFJ/INFP or more. It is all a theory, something to explore and relate to one's own self and others, but in the end a personality cannot be described by 16 different boxes.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I want them to understand that you firstly have to get to know the real world to some degree and create your own image about things and then afterwards you can start with mbti. If you do create your world thru mbti, you will never have your own self and the real world being in sync.

This is one of the wisest things I have read on this site, ever.

I worry about all the young people on this site, wrapping their sense of who they are in the world around MBTI instead of knowing who they are first. Imagine, saying to yourself at 18 "I am an INFP, that's why I am _________." What a tragedy, in that instead of helping liberate oneself, MBTI could be a cage that confines.

statuesquechica

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I worry about all the young people on this site, wrapping their sense of who they are in the world around MBTI instead of knowing who they are first. Imagine, saying to yourself at 18 "I am an INFP, that's why I am _________." What a tragedy, in that instead of helping liberate oneself, MBTI could be a cage that confines.

Brilliantly said PeaceBaby!:heart:

I have also seen people on some threads type potential boyfriends/girlfriends and exclude them as a mate because of their type! It is kind of bordering on a prejudice of sorts. It has actually caught me off guard as to how typecasting's use can be so perverted.

It is a tool, it is a theory, it can be a fun parlor game, but it is not the totality of a person.
**getting off my soapbox**

durentu

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Brilliantly said PeaceBaby!:heart:

I have also seen people on some threads type potential boyfriends/girlfriends and exclude them as a mate because of their type! It is kind of bordering on a prejudice of sorts. It has actually caught me off guard as to how typecasting's use can be so perverted.

It is a tool, it is a theory, it can be a fun parlor game, but it is not the totality of a person.
**getting off my soapbox**

These sets of presumptions get interesting when MBTI is used towards team building at work

erm

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Everyone on this forum is ISFP.

They look like other types, but that's because of tertiary temptation.

It's obvious really, when you think about it.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
This is one of the wisest things I have read on this site, ever.

I got that way at the start, but my mind wouldn't accept it and came back to the personal and individual viewpoint. I think that's true for most people. It's another idea and influence among the millions they have when growing up. I'd be annoyed that I didn't make some of the mistakes I made though. Or had a definition of some things, but it's not a complete definition, or even a solid one. And I probably would've ripped it to pieces at 18, and made other mistakes. In the end, type is just another category like red hair.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Look forward to all the mistakes that are yet to be made :)

r0wo1

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Entropie what is the link to the MBTI test that you took? I dont think I have seen that one before.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I'm mistyped and I've actually been lying all along to prove a point. I wonder if anyone can tell me what my real type is.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
For what's worth: I identify quite a lot with entropie's posts, especially given that we don't live in a similar culture and we have different interests. So I support his self-typing as ENTj.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I'm mistyped and I've actually been lying all along to prove a point. I wonder if anyone can tell me what my real type is.

What point are you trying to prove?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I wish this thread would go away already. It's ridiculous and serves only as a starting point for arguments that will very likely never make any progress at all.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8

Well, almost everything is a double edged sword, in my opinion.

People could misuse MBTI in all sorts of ways, but I suspect a lot of young people would feel liberated to know they are not just extensions of their parents, or that they don't have to live up to some arbitrary standards of what their society or community considers to be "right" and "good".

MBTI is awesome, and I wish I had known about it when I was 15-20 years old.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
for real.

Yeah, but that's already been proven.

So what type are you covering up?

Nah, was just kidding to see what responses I would get (hence my last post's smiley to give it away lest people thought I was serious).

But it is an interesting topic to me. How much of what people assert is related to the actual veracity of our post's words? And how much of it reflects confirmation bias? I'd love to know how people would type me if I had never disclosed my type when I registered. I don't think I doubt my type....but I might doubt other's ability to spot it. (i remember getting some ESTJ hate due to some of my thoughts on some topic when I had ESTJ under type for a couple of days :tongue:) Just as I doubt my ability to accurately type people.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Nah, was just kidding what responses I would get (hence my last post's smiley to give it away lest people thought I was serious).

But it is an interesting topic to me. How much of what people assert is related to the actual veracity of our post's words? And how much of it reflects confirmation bias? I'd love to know how people would type me if I had never disclosed my type when I registered. I don't think I doubt my type....but I might doubt other's ability to spot it. (i remember getting some ESTJ hate due to some of my thoughts on some topic when I had ESTJ under type for a couple of days :tongue:) Just as I doubt my ability to accurately type people.

I get what you are saying, but if you're a nice guy I'll just treat you nicely.
Online, we can only go on what you say but you're right that some people take this stuff too far.