• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Oy, I'm getting mixed messages. The smilie is telling me it's a joke, but I can't help seeing it said by the avatar, which makes it look dead serious. :blink:
(to be sure; I should have said "the closest word to that is...")

No I meant that jokingly :). I wasnt quite sure what androgyn means, I remember something about a male that has woman tendencies or something, so I figured not knowing it, the best way to respond must be a threat :D.

Me changing my type is basically not new. When I took the mbti test for the first time about a year ago I got ENTJ. But after reading its profile on typelogic.com I figured that the type sucks and tried it with entp. I saw a lot familiarities between my real self and what was described in the entp type. I continued to read on various sites about it, eventually stranding here. In the beginning it was like an identification system. You identified things you do or already did and finally found names for them a way to universally share them with others, which has never happened before. That was marvellous but it let to a great deal of misconceptions. For example, I really never met an entp, who likes to actually build gadgets. But I do, I got an automated door alarm, a electric circuit for a traffic light and the greatest thing I ever built was the automated turf cutting automaton, which is still a prototype. I though never found someone, who does that aswell, therefore I came into the first difficulties in understanding the system.

The next thing I learnt about was the function system. And with that things went down the road. Firstly the thing about Ti and Te. According to the entp profile, I am supposed to be retrofitted with Ti. What made sense concerning my ability to write computer programs or build devices. What I never really saw tho was that I actually never did something without a purpose. All the things I programmed so far took place in a small business I founded with a colleague back in the days and we made a lot of money with. The turf cutting automaton I build to sell it for horrendous amounts of money to the rich neighbours here. The alarm doorstep I build after my family got robbed in our old home. The traffic lights I build for our bycycle racetrack, cause we figured that was it that was missing if you want to have a real short-run racing track. So it all fullfilled a purpose.

But things got worse, a few times someone posted mathematical or logical riddles on the forum. And I remembered a crucial thing from my past. There was that guy who always impressed others with his riddles, even my girlfriend I had back in the days. I from the start refused to participate, cause I found it to be total bullshit. To solve a riddle about 3 guys smoke, 2 live in a yellow house and the third is gay, who owns a dog ? I found it to be intellectual sparing or showing off ones skills and I dread showoffs the most (prolly because I am one myself). Well this and then, in the forum the intp's attacked the riddles and occasionally the entp's loved em aswell. I was never one of them.

The third thing I discovered through my university studies. Though I always say I hate diagramms, I catch myself more and more using a wide variety of logic diagramms in my new job. They make work so much easier and I love it to bring structure to chaos. I love it when the cogs turn after careful planning create a perfect working system, steaming and humming floating smoothly thru the ocean cutting the water in two equal halfs. Its just its nice.

The Ti / Te issue but I forgot when a graver issue struck me. I got a conversation with my gf half a year ago and with heart from this forum too and that time I changed to enfp. There was a thing going on in ennegram which started the whole thing and there was the huge problem that it seemed all Fe user have a huge lack of morality or can be nothing else but naive. I was picked on in a thread, someone challenged my integrity and portraied me as being disloyal, just judging from my entp type and that stroke my heart, puncturing it on the first hit.

My girlfriend as Enneagram 6 told me too in those days that I have a HUGE AMOUNT of feeling in me, which is quite introverted. And cause she is the only one I really trust, I figured enfp solves two problems at once. Turns the Ti to Te and the Fe to Fi.

But, after a while I got to know an enfp guy more in the forums and he really was a cool and classic one. Someone I would call professional ladykiller. And I thought of myself: A) I am far too whiny to be like that B) I totally suck in understanding other peoples feelings and C) I am not cool . Therefore I fucked the enfp attempt up again and returned to the NT classic, which felt to be more right.

After that then I discovered the next evolutional step for me after classical physics, namely Socionics. The types there were described much more holistically and I fell in love with it. I went thru it for like 5 months trieing to figure it out.

Until I hit a dead end. Their way on describing my relationship with my infj was wrong. So I tried to figure if I may have mistyped her, but no that was not the case. Then I tried to forget about the whole shit, cause its all fucked up in any way but didnt work aswell. And then eventually I recalled what happened in the past, like I did here now and hit my forehead saying I am an idiot.

That was when I typed myself ESTJ :D Cause I still figured ENTJ wont work. Well and then the rest developed until now developed with the help of friends from this site and people who now me for some time now.

And I feel good, cause now my relationship to my INFJ fits perfectly. "The moth and the flame" they call it :).

I am growing tired of writing now, so I will cut short.

I just wanted to say, what I was basically trieing is not to learn about myself thru the type system. Who I am I know, what I do I know and that cant be changed by noone. But I was trieing to blend in into the type system, I know it needs a lot of compromise and there are a lot of little things I forgot to mention now playing into it.

But its nice, if you have found something that gave you such a unique way to connect with people and actually be able to talk about the different layers and facettes of a human life in a language other people understand like you do, you want to be part of it and not turn out to be fail.

I know tho the system is nice on a paper but not always congruent with reality. Meaning I am writing from a healthy standpoint here, having the necessary psychological distance.

*end of justification* :D

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No I meant that jokingly :). I wasnt quite sure what androgyn means, I remember something about a male that has woman tendencies or something, so I figured not knowing it, the best way to respond must be a threat :D.
It was sort of a short running gag, since when you tried on ENFP, I had said "anthropy" was the closest word you would have to change your name to. I was sure it was a joke. Just couldn't get over the way it looked with the avatar.
Me changing my type is basically not new. When I took the mbti test for the first time about a year ago I got ENTJ. But after reading its profile on typelogic.com I figured that the type sucks and tried it with entp. I saw a lot familiarities between my real self and what was described in the entp type. I continued to read on various sites about it, eventually stranding here. In the beginning it was like an identification system. You identified things you do or already did and finally found names for them a way to universally share them with others, which has never happened before. That was marvellous but it let to a great deal of misconceptions. For example, I really never met an entp, who likes to actually build gadgets. But I do, I got an automated door alarm, a electric circuit for a traffic light and the greatest thing I ever built was the automated turf cutting automaton, which is still a prototype. I though never found someone, who does that aswell, therefore I came into the first difficulties in understanding the system.

The next thing I learnt about was the function system. And with that things went down the road. Firstly the thing about Ti and Te. According to the entp profile, I am supposed to be retrofitted with Ti. What made sense concerning my ability to write computer programs or build devices. What I never really saw tho was that I actually never did something without a purpose. All the things I programmed so far took place in a small business I founded with a colleague back in the days and we made a lot of money with. The turf cutting automaton I build to sell it for horrendous amounts of money to the rich neighbours here. The alarm doorstep I build after my family got robbed in our old home. The traffic lights I build for our bycycle racetrack, cause we figured that was it that was missing if you want to have a real short-run racing track. So it all fullfilled a purpose.

But things got worse, a few times someone posted mathematical or logical riddles on the forum. And I remembered a crucial thing from my past. There was that guy who always impressed others with his riddles, even my girlfriend I had back in the days. I from the start refused to participate, cause I found it to be total bullshit. To solve a riddle about 3 guys smoke, 2 live in a yellow house and the third is gay, who owns a dog ? I found it to be intellectual sparing or showing off ones skills and I dread showoffs the most (prolly because I am one myself). Well this and then, in the forum the intp's attacked the riddles and occasionally the entp's loved em aswell. I was never one of them.

The third thing I discovered through my university studies. Though I always say I hate diagramms, I catch myself more and more using a wide variety of logic diagramms in my new job. They make work so much easier and I love it to bring structure to chaos. I love it when the cogs turn after careful planning create a perfect working system, steaming and humming floating smoothly thru the ocean cutting the water in two equal halfs. Its just its nice.

The Ti / Te issue but I forgot when a graver issue struck me. I got a conversation with my gf half a year ago and with heart from this forum too and that time I changed to enfp. There was a thing going on in ennegram which started the whole thing and there was the huge problem that it seemed all Fe user have a huge lack of morality or can be nothing else but naive. I was picked on in a thread, someone challenged my integrity and portraied me as being disloyal, just judging from my entp type and that stroke my heart, puncturing it on the first hit.

My girlfriend as Enneagram 6 told me too in those days that I have a HUGE AMOUNT of feeling in me, which is quite introverted. And cause she is the only one I really trust, I figured enfp solves two problems at once. Turns the Ti to Te and the Fe to Fi.

But, after a while I got to know an enfp guy more in the forums and he really was a cool and classic one. Someone I would call professional ladykiller. And I thought of myself: A) I am far too whiny to be like that B) I totally suck in understanding other peoples feelings and C) I am not cool . Therefore I fucked the enfp attempt up again and returned to the NT classic, which felt to be more right.

After that then I discovered the next evolutional step for me after classical physics, namely Socionics. The types there were described much more holistically and I fell in love with it. I went thru it for like 5 months trieing to figure it out.

Until I hit a dead end. Their way on describing my relationship with my infj was wrong. So I tried to figure if I may have mistyped her, but no that was not the case. Then I tried to forget about the whole shit, cause its all fucked up in any way but didnt work aswell. And then eventually I recalled what happened in the past, like I did here now and hit my forehead saying I am an idiot.

That was when I typed myself ESTJ :D Cause I still figured ENTJ wont work. Well and then the rest developed until now developed with the help of friends from this site and people who now me for some time now.

And I feel good, cause now my relationship to my INFJ fits perfectly. "The moth and the flame" they call it :).

Wow, it looks like this is right. I wasn't sure if it was serious or not, this time or the last with ENFP. (I'm sure Costrin was joking when he tried on INFP!)
What are you going to do with the name, now? Just leave it that way, I assume?

You've mentioned Ti/Te and Fe/Fi. Does Ni seem more accurate than Ne? (the first thing I think of when it comes to any NJ type).

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
It was sort of a short running gag, since when you tried on ENFP, I had said "anthropy" was the closest word you would have to change your name to. I was sure it was a joke. Just couldn't get over the way it looked with the avatar.

Ah lol, sorry I forgot about that :D

Wow, it looks like this is right. I wasn't sure if it was serious or not, this time or the last with ENFP. (I'm sure Costrin was joking when he tried on INFP!)

You've mentioned Ti/Te and Fe/Fi. Does Ni seem more accurate then Ne? (the first thing I think of when it comes to any NJ type).

Well when it comes to N I am basically lost everytime. When it comes to Ni, I am doubly so. The greatest difference I got to know so far is that I try to think about useful things, I cant go on letting my mind play all the day, rambling on some shit drawing one connection after another. I can for a time, but i get bored very soon.

I am pretty sure that I am part of the N family, cause together with my gf we are usually the mavericks in a situation, understanding something completly different than the others did. Or seeing patterns between things making us both say that guy is a cheater, to find out afterwards he is. Common sense calls that a good knowledge of human nature and I am not sure if that suffices to fit with the N profile.

What I do know tho is that I am working for my hometowns department of economical development for six months now. And tho I only work there as a consultant mechanical engineer, I have come up with two great ideas, which were given to me as a fulltime project,, I work on, though I am only on a student partime job. My ESTJ boss loves me for that and I honor his trust in me, cause I got absolutely not a single clue about the business world, being an engineer, I somehow nevertheless managed to see possibilities or the flawes in the system.

Does that qualify for N-ness ? I basically only took N because I felt different from most people in all my life, but then again, who doesnt ?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Another thing on the N topic. This is from socionics and its the thing I could identify the most with so far:

Intuitive subtype: (The Strategist)

(Valentine Meged & Anatoly Ovcharov) The intuitive subtype is affable, kind and pleasant in dialogue. They possess a developed sense of humor that frequently makes them the soul of the company. Very mobile, restless and scattered; always hurrying to make use of time. Inspired, vigorous and optimistic. Enterprising: safely takes risks and applies new ideas. They have difficulty focusing their attention on one thing for a long time. Diplomatic and gallant with everything, especially the opposite sex, but can show familiarity towards closer acquaintances. Due to their propensity towards impudence they often change steps within their plans and when they make ethical mistakes are quick to correct them by means of jokes and various services. Behaves simply and naturally. In conversation they like concern the interlocutor, to embrace/kiss and joke. Gestures and gait, when deprived of their underlined solidity, appear quite natural.

(Victor Gulenko) Calm and balanced, conducts a regulated life, knows when to take advantage of opportunities. Quietly selects what idea it is better to follow, will always find the most optimal and advantageous output, which will give the greatest return. They are frequently a natural scientist, an experimenter, acting with their mind and hands simultaneously. Can interest themselves in chemistry, and in painting, in this case they try to bring everything to the end. Excellent hygrotechnician and experimenter. Gets along well with children, easily carries them along through their interesting actions. Outwardly more restrained and stocky than the other subtype; tries to dress well and pay attention to their health.

(Sexual behaviour) Possess feelings of humor; are independent and romantic;; react unexpectedly. Inclined to frequently change their sexual impressions or partners. Impatient, with a tendency to hurry events; they are prone to hurry sexual relations, assigning an accelerated rate. Are affectionate, tender and courteous. Express emotions in witty form. Initiative-taking, daring and value reciprocity; but touchy and impulsive. If not confident in reciprocal feelings they may search for rapprochements with other partners. Need a volitional person capable of holding them. Will find support in an economic, sexual and reliable partner.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well when it comes to N I am basically lost everytime. When it comes to Ni, I am doubly so. The greatest difference I got to know so far is that I try to think about useful things, I cant go on letting my mind play all the day, rambling on some shit drawing one connection after another. I can for a time, but i get bored very soon.

I am pretty sure that I am part of the N family, cause together with my gf we are usually the mavericks in a situation, understanding something completly different than the others did. Or seeing patterns between things making us both say that guy is a cheater, to find out afterwards he is. Common sense calls that a good knowledge of human nature and I am not sure if that suffices to fit with the N profile.

What I do know tho is that I am working for my hometowns department of economical development for six months now. And tho I only work there as a consultant mechanical engineer, I have come up with two great ideas, which were given to me as a fulltime project,, I work on, though I am only on a student partime job. My ESTJ boss loves me for that and I honor his trust in me, cause I got absolutely not a single clue about the business world, being an engineer, I somehow nevertheless managed to see possibilities or the flawes in the system.

Does that qualify for N-ness ? I basically only took N because I felt different from most people in all my life, but then again, who doesnt ?

Some of that sounds like it could be Ni, though that first paragraph makes you sound almost like an S. Then you say you can "for a time", but then get bored. Not sure how that squares with N, especially Ni. It's possible that the boredom reflects the N preference, because you want to move onto focusing on a particular connection, or something else. But I'm not sure.
I specify Ni and Ne, and not just N by itself, because Ni/Ne is part of the key difference between ENTJ and ENTP.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
To me it's the difference is in Ti / Fe and Te / Fi. There was that "which love type are you" test on okcupid once, which called a type "The Manchild". And I often came to the point in entp discussions on the forum, when I thought it gets ridicoulus and had to decide whether I play along to keep a fascade or go vertigo on my own quest. 100% of the times I went vertigo then, tho I wasnt taken very serious afterwards.

The main difference lies in the Fi for me, cause I noticed real entps can go rambling on and on, on a topic never really coming to a point of seriousness. I tended to withdraw from that kind of conversations, cause I felt myself to be ignored. What plays into that is what I said in the first paragraph. It meant: the N ramblings are fun and can go on in my opinion for like forever. But they need to lead to something. There must be at least milestones on the rambling quest you write down and mark as findings, I cant go on rambling for the sake of rambling.

I am not sure if that suffices to be an entj. I am pretty sure its an istp in the end. But I feel good with the type choice I made at the moment. And thats is and has ever been the only goal to this quest for me.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
To me it's the difference is in Ti / Fe and Te / Fi. There was that "which love type are you" test on okcupid once, which called a type "The Manchild". And I often came to the point in entp discussions on the forum, when I thought it gets ridicoulus and had to decide whether I play along to keep a fascade or go vertigo on my own quest. 100% of the times I went vertigo then, tho I wasnt taken very serious afterwards.

The main difference lies in the Fi for me, cause I noticed real entps can go rambling on and on, on a topic never really coming to a point of seriousness. I tended to withdraw from that kind of conversations, cause I felt myself to be ignored. What plays into that is what I said in the first paragraph. It meant: the N ramblings are fun and can go on in my opinion for like forever. But they need to lead to something. There must be at least milestones on the rambling quest you write down and mark as findings, I cant go on rambling for the sake of rambling.

I am not sure if that suffices to be an entj. I am pretty sure its an istp in the end. But I feel good with the type choice I made at the moment. And thats is and has ever been the only goal to this quest for me.

dude, i read many of your posts, but not very slowly, so forgive me if i missed it, but have you taken a functions test? buying a functions book and testing myself and my hubby was VERY enlightening. he ended up being istp which makes sense in hindsight, but i originally thought he was intj/ixtj. really he's istX: able to go either way p/j as he's matured.

i personally believe your personality type is probably whatever your first two functions are (even if they're swapped between dom/aux).

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Ha lol, what you think I did here for 4500 posts ? Only posting in the sex forums ? :D

I dont give much on cognitive functions tests, cause I think they dont evaluate a human being holistically. They are just another attempt on mathematisation of the mbti culture, which I think is the wrong way:

(Taken around 8 months ago)
Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************************* (33.6)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) *************** (15)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************* (33.8)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************** (32.1)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ***************************** (29.1)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************** (38.3)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) **************************** (28)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ****************************** (30.1)
good use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENTP

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: INTP, or ESTP

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ha lol, what you think I did here for 4500 posts ? Only posting in the sex forums ? :D

I dont give much on cognitive functions tests, cause I think they dont evaluate a human being holistically. They are just another attempt on mathematisation of the mbti culture, which I think is the wrong way:

(Taken around 8 months ago)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************************* (33.6)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) *************** (15)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************* (33.8)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************** (32.1)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ***************************** (29.1)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************** (38.3)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) **************************** (28)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ****************************** (30.1)
good use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENTP

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: INTP, or ESTP

interesting your Ti is way out front. that would imply you're an introvert. why don't you think you're an introvert?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Because, look at this:

I did the test again after 8 months now. Its all about the state of mind you are in currently. There is no thing like a clear logical concept to define personality, there is only an overall image you can produce.

And I personally think that I am the master of producing an image of myself and therefore fooling myself of whom I really are. The only one in the end, who can answer the question of whom I are is me myself. And not mathematics:

Your Cognitive Development Profile
The forty-eight questions you rated earlier tap into the eight cognitive processes. Some questions tapped into basic or developed use of a process used by itself, while other questions tapped into use of multiple processes at once. The profile below is based on your responses. The number of squares indicate strength of response. The equivalent numeric is shown in parentheses along with likely level of development.

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************ (24.7)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************** (20.5)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************** (14.7)
unused
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************* (33.4)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************************************** (44)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ****************************** (30.9)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *************************************** (39.9)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************** (32.5)
good use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENTJ

Lead (Dominant) Process
Extraverted Thinking (Te): Measuring and constructing for progress. Making decisions objectively based on evidence and measures. Checking if things function properly. Applying a procedure to control events and complete goals.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: INTJ, or ENFJ

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Because, look at this:

I did the test again after 8 months now. Its all about the state of mind you are in currently. There is no thing like a clear logical concept to define personality, there is only an overall image you can produce.

And I personally think that I am the master of producing an image of myself and therefore fooling myself of whom I really are. The only one in the end, who can answer the question of whom I are is me myself. And not mathematics:

Your Cognitive Development Profile
The forty-eight questions you rated earlier tap into the eight cognitive processes. Some questions tapped into basic or developed use of a process used by itself, while other questions tapped into use of multiple processes at once. The profile below is based on your responses. The number of squares indicate strength of response. The equivalent numeric is shown in parentheses along with likely level of development.

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************ (24.7)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************** (20.5)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************** (14.7)
unused
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************* (33.4)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************************************** (44)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ****************************** (30.9)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *************************************** (39.9)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************** (32.5)
good use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENTJ

Lead (Dominant) Process
Extraverted Thinking (Te): Measuring and constructing for progress. Making decisions objectively based on evidence and measures. Checking if things function properly. Applying a procedure to control events and complete goals.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: INTJ, or ENFJ

well. hmm. My hubby's killer at Ti. that's using your hands, right? logically fitting things together. knowing how things work. i'm good at Te. that's managing and multi-tasking extraordinaire. and when you're really good at Te, delegating tasks and keeping it all in line in your head. my hubby doesn't like to delegate. he'd rather do it all himself, instead of taking the time to explain to others how to do it.

interesting. odd that your Ti was so different the first go around.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
The first go around and the second go around, things were like I wanted them to be. Thats why tests suck.

What I am good at I explained earlier 1 page ago in the long post. There you can read up in the middle about my thoughts on my Ti and Te.

I like your input all of yours really. But I think I am some steps ahead of you with typology. I dont think its possible to pinpoint down if one is a Te user or a Ti user, even cogniteprocesses says that there is a level of usage. And I think, furthermore that typology must be understood as an instrument you can use to understand you and others in a better way + that it gives you the ability to comminicate in a common language with other people over similiarily perceived phaenomena.

But its not about if you are entj or entp in the end. Its about what you feel / think is the thing you like the most. Cause you will never win a prize in life for having the right type, nor will you never fit into the type system, if you narrow down its definitions too much.

Lurker

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
The first go around and the second go around, things were like I wanted them to be. Thats why tests suck.

What I am good at I explained earlier 1 page ago in the long post. There you can read up in the middle about my thoughts on my Ti and Te.

I like your input all of yours really. But I think I am some steps ahead of you with typology. I dont think its possible to pinpoint down if one is a Te user or a Ti user, even cogniteprocesses says that there is a level of usage. And I think, furthermore that typology must be understood as an instrument you can use to understand you and others in a better way + that it gives you the ability to cumminicate in a common language with other people over similiarily perceived phaenomena.

............*cue music*..........

But its not about if you are entj or entp in the end. Its about what you feel / think is the thing you like the most. Cause you will never win a prize in life for having the right type, nor will you never fit into the type system, if you narrow down its definitions too much.

:)

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I like your input all of yours really. But I think I am some steps ahead of you with typology. I dont think its possible to pinpoint down if one is a Te user or a Ti user, even cogniteprocesses says that there is a level of usage. And I think, furthermore that typology must be understood as an instrument you can use to understand you and others in a better way + that it gives you the ability to comminicate in a common language with other people over similiarily perceived phaenomena.

yes. i totally agree with you. and i'm sure you know a lot more than me about it. i just started getting into it recently. i didn't mean to come off like an expert or anything, although i might have come off like that.

and i hear you about the real world. it's kinda ridiculous if you think about it very much. it is interesting (to me) and i think it can help somewhat with relating with others in how to communicate most effectively with a certain type, or know what to expect when relating with a certain type, and stuff like that. i've come to believe that the cognitive functions, and their usage and order, probably would be more indicative of how people are. but (and forgive me if i'm wrong) since there are 8 functions and they can be aligned 8 ways, that's 8 to the 8th different personality types, not even taking into consideration other variables that affect personality!

this is just my latest obsession. i'll get over it eventually. in the meantime i'll prolly be a pain in the ass. :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Rock on to obsessions from this point of view :D. I have been obsessed with a lot of shit since I joined :D

There is only one thing I want people to know, besides that they can all do what they want: I want them to understand that you firstly have to get to know the real world to some degree and create your own image about things and then afterwards you can start with mbti. If you do create your world thru mbti, you will never have your own self and the real world being in sync.

I just dont want you to be unprepared, if you go out there; cause the best teacher is always reality, tho its a pain in the ass sometimes I know.

My INFJ send me that song today:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otRnb4DJQXI"].[/YOUTUBE]

That has nothing to do with the topic, but she send me a song like that, despite she hates techno and despite she hates seeing hot girls in movies. She swallowed her pride to send me lyrics she wanted to express something with.

I know this says nothing, but thats exactly my point. Life says nothing and its meanders are not fathomable. But that is exactly why its so desireable

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
haha. nice video. yeah, i feel the same as your gf about hot chicks in movies. makes me feel like i need to go run 5 miles or get plastic surgery, one or the other.

since i didn't discover my personality type or mbti til i was 40, i feel like i know the real world pretty well. as good as an nf can 'know' the real world. haha. anyway, yeah, i wonder about how it would have affected my life to have known about this stuff in my teens and 20s. judging by my obsession with it now, i'm afraid it could have affected me in some negative way. but maybe not. who knows? kinda glad overall i just discovered it though.

yes, it's the meandering that makes life fun.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Oh I've been a great list maker at different times in my life. Was I ever able to follow one? Not one single day...

but i follow my lists, into the waste basket, ohh yeah you have point. i just want a refund on my infp form, i crave to expand my narly letters into other territory where the wild things grow. i could still be infj, isfp or intp if i put my mind to it.

wolfy

awsm
I do wonder sometimes, before my fuzzyness, i used to love making lists. i have lists for all sorts of stuff and i used to love to draw then the fuzzyness set it. do i act like an infp, well do ya, do ya feel lucky...punk. well i don't know, i suppose i am doomed to be a wondering doppelganger, but the question is could i imitate an estj or crack under the pressure.

I've made a few lists in my time. Fun to make...

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
lists suck. i like to challenge my mind to remember everything. after all, if you don't use it, you lose it, right?

I like to think like that as well, but then suddenly you can't remember anything at all and you end up worse off than you would have been if you created a quick little list. I do find that writing hints on your arm works a little bit, you just need to keep a pen handy.