• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm about 80% sure my sister is an INFP. She says that was her results and it sounds about right.

Tests for me come out INFP, except once it came out INFJ. And one of the times it was P 60% J 40%. So it's a tough call. I feel I can relate more to INFP but something isn't quite "right"

:doh:

how do you feel infp? list please.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
marsgirl: do you stick rigidly to the beliefs you have or are you open to the perspectives people present you?

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
marsgirl: do you stick rigidly to the beliefs you have or are you open to the perspectives people present you?

hey, sentura!! this is my noob interrogation!! back off, you--you--you entp in disguise!

GirlFromMars

MBTI Type
INFP
OK, here's just a few points that might help.

- Disorganized externally. Don't like rules and time limits. Leave everything to the last minute. Late for appointments and handing things in.

- Internally I'm more organized. I plan things out in my head a lot. I plan what I'm going to say to someone and things like that.

- Can become very enthusiastic about a project, or new hobby. But then often within about half an hour no longer be enthusiastic about it. That doesn't apply to everything, but often.

- Live much more in my head than in "real life".

- Think more about the future and the past than here and now.

- Feel the need to "help" people and help society in some way.

- Express myself through poetry/lyrics

- Feel emotions very strongly, and can cry at the drop of a hat :rolleyes:

- Feel like I can't express myself properly. Like I don't know how to verbally express what I'm thinking and feeling. It never feels like I've gotten it out "right"

- Seem to be a bit of a walking paradox. People often see me in different ways. But the main good ones I get are - "sympathetic", "good listener", "good to talk to", "funny", "cute", "honest", "deep" and "weird in a good way" LOL

Not so good - "lazy", "naieve", "too sensitive", "selfish" (which is a weird one, because people say the opposite too)

And "quiet" wherever that fits.

LOL, Is that any help? I'm confusing.

Feel free to ask anything else. :)

GirlFromMars

MBTI Type
INFP

Hmm.

I'll listen to what they have to say, think about it and then make up my own mind. And I'll think about it A LOT, if it's something I feel is of importance.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
OK, here's just a few points that might help.

- Disorganized externally. Don't like rules and time limits. Leave everything to the last minute. Late for appointments and handing things in.

- Internally I'm more organized. I plan things out in my head a lot. I plan what I'm going to say to someone and things like that.

- Can become very enthusiastic about a project, or new hobby. But then often within about half an hour no longer be enthusiastic about it. That doesn't apply to everything, but often.

- Live much more in my head than in "real life".

- Think more about the future and the past than here and now.

- Feel the need to "help" people and help society in some way.

- Express myself through poetry/lyrics

- Feel emotions very strongly, and can cry at the drop of a hat :rolleyes:

- Feel like I can't express myself properly. Like I don't know how to verbally express what I'm thinking and feeling. It never feels like I've gotten it out "right"

- Seem to be a bit of a walking paradox. People often see me in different ways. But the main good ones I get are - "sympathetic", "good listener", "good to talk to", "funny", "cute", "honest", "deep" and "weird in a good way" LOL

Not so good - "lazy", "naieve", "too sensitive", "selfish" (which is a weird one, because people say the opposite too)

And "quiet" wherever that fits.

LOL, Is that any help? I'm confusing.

Feel free to ask anything else. :)

everything sounds infj except for the selfish part ;) and the late part, to me.

here's one: can you be directive? or not? would you be more likely to be directive with your voice, or do you say and ask for things in a more round about manner?

like, do you say, "i need this, or i'd like you to do that, or don't do that to me, please" etc? what is your inclination?

OR (round about) "i'd like it better if ......., so can i do.........?" i dunno. i don't think that way so it's hard for me to think of examples.

GirlFromMars

MBTI Type
INFP
everything sounds infj except for the selfish part ;) and the late part, to me.

here's one: can you be directive? or not? would you be more likely to be directive with your voice, or do you say and ask for things in a more round about manner?

like, do you say, "i need this, or i'd like you to do that, or don't do that to me, please" etc? what is your inclination?

OR (round about) "i'd like it better if ......., so can i do.........?" i dunno. i don't think that way so it's hard for me to think of examples.

If I needed someone to get me something I'd say "could you get me XXXXX please?"

Does that help?

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thursday - eNFJ -----> INFP

G

garbage

Welp, I'm turning in my ENFP badge. But I'm keeping the ENFP gun.

My Enneagram, SLOAN, Oldham type, and pure dichotomy preferences point me to ENFJ. The only system that doesn't jive with this is one based on the cognitive functions. But I'm choosing to ignore them, because they've never fit me anyway.

I've kind of resisted ENFJ, because every other ENFJ I know is codependent and neurotic. But I don't think that's a requirement to be one.

ESFJ, ENTJ, and ENFP have all been close, I assure you. But as it stands, I'm an extrovert, I abstract my perception, I accommodate people, and I like to be organized and planned. If that ain't ENFJ, I don't know what is.

So, sorry, ENFPs. It's been fun. :cheese:

Some other type will have to welcome me in a few months after, invariably, I get bored with this one or I find out that it's wrong. Look out, ISFJs; I'll be coming after you next.

Thursday - eNFJ -----> INFP

Oh, wait.. so we have no net gain of ENFJs. Good.. good. Order is preserved. :D

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Welp, I'm turning in my ENFP badge. But I'm keeping the ENFP gun.

My Enneagram, SLOAN, Oldham type, and pure dichotomy preferences point me to ENFJ. The only system that doesn't jive with this is one based on the cognitive functions. But I'm choosing to ignore them, because they've never fit me anyway.

I've kind of resisted ENFJ, because every other ENFJ I know is codependent and neurotic. But I don't think that's a requirement to be one.

ESFJ, ENTJ, and ENFP have all been close, I assure you. But as it stands, I'm an extrovert, I abstract my perception, I accommodate people, and I like to be organized and planned. If that ain't ENFJ, I don't know what is.

So, sorry, ENFPs. It's been fun. :cheese:

Some other type will have to welcome me in a few months after, invariably, I get bored with this one or I find out that it's wrong. Look out, ISFJs; I'll be coming after you next.

Oh, wait.. so we have no net gain of ENFJs. Good.. good. Order is preserved. :D

can you tell me where to take the SLOAN test? i think i took it a long time ago. i was very certain i am an infj but now someone on here has suggested i'm something else and it's effing with my head!

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So you finally changed again!
Well, ENFJ would be a closer match to your 4Marks result as well (Choleric). I would think ENFJ would be more a Choleric-Phlegmatic mixture, but 4Marks doesn't allow blends between those two. Being choleric would also make you identify with ENTJ somewhat.
And now, you can totally indentify with tour "Fe incarnate" birthday froggie.:smile: (If you do accommodate pople, that would be a sign of high Fe).