• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I personally haven't entirely given up on testing, but there needs to be a very specific approach to it.

The test needs to be standard, and designed the way professional psychmetricians design tests. Nothing people take online for free really compares to what I'm talking about, in terms of the length, complexity, and the care put into exactly how ever question is asked.

Aside from that, some degree of human analysis is always necessary. A computer alone will probably never do a good job, but I do believe there is real use in testing as a tool for human analysis.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Ouh I just figured the entp dual is isfp and the enfp dual is istp. So I either hit Jeffster now or I look for that oil-washed, smelling like brake fluid mechanic girl, who will see to it that my engine stays running.

Man THAT would be awesome :D. I for the first time in my life I am proud to live in germany, because the chances of finding that here are quite high :D

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
I yesterday talked to a girl accomplishing her doctor in psychology. I expected her to know everything about MBTT, but she vaguely knew it.

She even got further and said MBTT is BS, because it depends on the style of answering its questions. Like the test taker gets the results he wants.

I was completly baffled by this, coming from a doctor student of psychology. I was thinking, if she ever thought about the fact that all of live could be subjective and objectivity remains an illusion ?

Someone has to tell her, before she practices, otherwise I probably think, she will think there is never error in her judgement :D
Well, the consensus in the psychology research community is that MBTI types cannot be demonstrated by scientific testing. The theories of cognitive function also cannot be falsified. Plus they have another perfectly workable model: the Big 5. It's not any different than psychoanalysis. Ask her and she'll likely tell you psychoanalysis isn't psychology either. ;)

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
The test needs to be standard, and desgined the way professional psychmetricians design tests. Nothing people take online for free really compares to what I'm talking about, in terms of the length, complexity, and the care put into exactly how ever question is asked..
It could probably be done. Sensory deprivation for three days to reduce the mind to that of a child, followed by an intense battery of virtual reality situations where decisions are forced almost instantaneously--If the answer is too delayed, then you get the electroshock.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Well, the consensus in the psychology research community is that MBTI types cannot be demonstrated by scientific testing. The theories of cognitive function also cannot be falsified. Plus they have another perfectly workable model: the Big 5. It's not any different than psychoanalysis. Ask her and she'll likely tell you psychoanalysis isn't psychology either. ;)

Probably do, she should come online around 1 am in an hour. That's her time though it seems :D.

I keep on working on my turf robot now, finally finished the gearbox and ordered the parts for the electric circuitry. One or two weeks and I will drive it around and then it gets the cutter :D

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It could probably be done. Sensory deprivation for three days to reduce the mind to that of a child, followed by an intense battery of virtual reality situations where decisions are forced almost instantaneously--If the answer is too delayed, then you get the electroshock.

Well, humor aside, they generally don't go that far. They do intentionally make the test repetitive and at least a few hours long, though. Often times that alone is enough to exhaust people.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Well, humor aside, they generally don't go that far. They do intentionally make the test repetitive and at least a few hours long, though. Often times that alone is enough to exhaust people.
I wasn't trying to be funny, but it is kinda funny, isn't it. That's torture for you, you just can't keep a straight face!

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wasn't trying to be funny, but it is kinda funny, isn't it. That's torture for you, you just can't keep a straight face!

I thought it was a joke because it was so obviously over-the-top and unrelated to what I was actually talking about. :huh:

Amazing how you seem like you're are joking those times when you actually aren't. It's all just reversed for you, isn't it?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I thought it was a joke because it was so obviously over-the-top and unrelated to what I was actually talking about. :huh:

Amazing how you seem like you're are joking those times when you actually aren't. It's all just reversed for you, isn't it?
Just because it's a realistic plan doesn't mean I think it's worth it. lol. You'd have to throw the subject in the garbage after you were done with them. What good would knowing their MBTI type be then?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
He sounds like a LII to me, to be honest. And yes, CaptainChick could easily be an EIE, the Beta Quadra atmosphere seems to be very fitting for her personality.
Um, who the fuck are you?

I think I have read a sum total of five or maybe seven of your posts. (The first two of which were directly hostile towards me.)

I don't know what EIE stands for, nor do I know what the fuck the Beta Quadra atmosphere is, or if those are the same things.

What I do know, is that I have ZERO interest in finding out anything about the accuracy of your typing or anything about said "system".

Needless to say, toots, you DO NOT KNOW ME, we do not interact, and for you to come out of the woodwork to publicly state something about who I am without any provocation is SUSPICIOUS, REPULSIVE, and flattering in a weird and fucked up way.

Oh, and what a pussy thing to do, to address others about me, instead of addressing *me* about your opinions about *me*

I didn't think ENTJ's were known for pussy tactics.

Awesome, and good luck with that.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I think I have read a sum total of five or maybe seven of your posts.
But how many of yours has he read? That's what's important.

I don't know what EIE stands for, nor do I know what the fuck the Beta Quadra atmosphere is, or if those are the same things.
Ethical-Intuitive Extratim. (ENFj.) EIE is in the Beta Quadra with LSI, SLE, and IEI.

Needless to say, toots, you DO NOT KNOW ME, we do not interact, and for you to come out of the woodwork to publicly state something about who I am without any provocation is SUSPICIOUS, REPULSIVE, and flattering in a weird and fucked up way.
That's quite the example of a very active F function.

Oh, and what a pussy thing to do, to address others about me, instead of addressing *me* about your opinions about *me*
Again.

Again.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The easiest ways for me to type people are by

a. Temperament analysis--That is, someone's like others of a type.
circular
b. Preference analysis--That is, determine each preference separately by analyzing their behavior.
unreliable
c. Functional analysis (with my system)--That is, determine primary and support functions by analyzing behavior.
unreliable
d. A combination of the above. Which is what I do, most of the time.

bullshit.

G-Virus

Broud Balestinian
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Um, who the fuck are you?

I think I have read a sum total of five or maybe seven of your posts. (The first two of which were directly hostile towards me.)

What I do know, is that I have ZERO interest in finding out anything about the accuracy of your typing or anything about said "system".

Awesome, and good luck with that.

*Tries to mop up the mess of ass, balls, guts, brains and shit left over from CC's Tirade.*

Next time you're going to open up a can of whoopass, can you let me know in advance so I can go to the store and pick up some damn bleach.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
People who take pseudosciences seriously (you know who you are):

Get over it.
Oh, hi, Didums. I'll haunt you with that every time you post about type, functions, or psychology in general.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What the hell, blue. If you've ever said you thought someone was X type, which you certainly have, you're using the same methods.
Nope. I type using the MBTI classification.
So do you, but you claim not to - that's the difference.

You haven't built your system by any other means - so how else can you type based on others of known type - you don't know anyone's type under your system! = Circular

Didums

Oh, hi, Didums. I'll haunt you with that every time you post about type, functions, or psychology in general.

Okay sweet, most of my time recently has been spent in the political and philosophy forums so that won't be much of an issue. And even if i post about type, it will probably be along the same lines as I already just said.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Nope. I type using the MBTI classification.
So do you, but you claim not to - that's the difference.

You haven't built your system by any other means - so how else can you type based on others of known type - you don't know anyone's type under your system! = Circular
Yes, the MBTI classification, the Keirsey classification, the Socionics classification. They all correlate.

So you're telling me what I'm not even doing is "circular." Okay then.