• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You know what, I take back what I said about her being directive. There are informative FJs (such as ISFJ and ESFJ). But she does give me an impression of being an FJ

(previous post has been edited)
If a J is not directive, then they are Structure-focused, whhich may have similar traits (more serious, etc); so that could be another possibility. (And TJ is both. structure vs motive is basically the "mirror" of directive vs informative; what one is on the S side, the other is on the N side; and vice versa). FP on the other hand would always be both informative and motive oriented. I have not really seen enough of phoenix's posts to help out with that one, but even informing+motive people will have angry or annoyed reactions to things that may seem critical or "directive" at times.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
One thing I didn't take into consideration in the OP was issues most of us have. I would imagine the majority of people on a psychology forum do have one if not more things they are dealing with. Some things to consider...

ADD, Social Anxiety Disorder, Autism BiPolar Disorder, OCD, Depression and so on. I believe these things can easily alter a persons type. I pretty sure I have ADD and S.A.D.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
One thing I didn't take into consideration in the OP was issues most of us have. I would imagine the majority of people on a psychology forum do have one if not more things they are dealing with. Some things to consider...

ADD, Social Anxiety Disorder, Autism BiPolar Disorder, OCD, Depression and so on. I believe these things can easily alter a persons type. I pretty sure I have ADD and S.A.D.

Also: ESFJ. Certainty 9/10.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Ha - much more complex. Interpretation of implicit motivation.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I have.

You're good - I voted favorably towards your skill in the recent Jack Flak 3.75 offshoot thread.

I'm having fun with your motive. Not your method. :)
I see. You doubt my objectivity, and I have no way to prove said objectivity, but it is my assessment that I have the ability to disengage myself from emotional matters and apply logical analysis almost at will, and have done so in this case.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
I see. You doubt my objectivity, and I have no way to prove said objectivity, but it is my assessment that I have the ability to disengage myself from emotional matters and apply logical analysis almost at will, and have done so in this case.

Well, I trust your judgment. You're well informed.

This might just be an instance where our reticules misalign. It happens.

To this end, how might you analyze my apparent type, Jack? I've never been able to aptly pin it down.
Any thoughts?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Well, I trust your judgment. You're well informed.

This might just be an instance where our reticules misalign. It happens.

To this end, how might you analyze my apparent type, Jack? I've never been able to aptly pin it down.
Any thoughts?
Thinking/Intuition Introvert. INTJ. Certainty 4/5.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx

And meanwhile I think most of that stuff is crap, and is made up to make normal human behavior something to medicate into submission.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think Victor is an STP. Like I've said before, E/I is almost impossible to evaluate from an internet forum, but the rest is not so difficult when you read enough posts. Victor types these long spews but if you really read them, they are usually very specific and fact-based (even if his facts are way off) and he doesn't accept the notion of people inventing their own morality or abstract reality. Furthermore, he had admitted he doesn't plan his posts at all but just posts them, and his general intent is to make an impact and rile people up. Also, he loves attention like telling people to get on Skype to talk to him.

xSTP. The Jeffster has spoken.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
And meanwhile I think most of that stuff is crap, and is made up to make normal human behavior something to medicate into submission.
While you may dispute the remedy for "that stuff," the reality is that they are classifications for behavior and conditions that do exist.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think Victor is an STP.

So is he motor oil or a Stone Temple Pilot?

And I also think that a lot of INxJs use the Internet to act out the bad-ass side of them that they can't do well in real life because of underdeveloped Se.