• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Jack once again you are incorrect with your assumptions. I am not social at all but you wouldn't know that since you do not know me. Getting together several times a year with a group of people (some of who are friends irl) hardly constitutes extroversion. I only have a few close friends (by choice) and when I do go out it's straight there and straight back home again. I met my husband and bff online and avoid people most of the time. What you see isn't always what you get.

If we're being honest I believe you know referring to me a sensor irritates me. It's a practically effortless way to get at me (any moron who can read knows this) and you've chosen to use it this several times now.

I am now finished with the what type is Jen conversation as Rajah was 100% correct in stating several months ago how little it really matters. I'm rarely around here much anymore and it appears you've found yourself an audience so enjoy. Also best wishes on your journey of reaching 10,000 posts by Christmas.

MBTI Type
ENTP
I am now finished with the what type is Jen conversation as Rajah was 100% correct in stating several months ago how little it really matters.

haha. Yeah you've made that perfectly clear with this post. :huh:

Btw, most introverts are much better than you at hiding the fact that something upsets them.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
haha. Yeah you've made that perfectly clear with this post. :huh:

Btw, most introverts are much better than you at hiding the fact that something upsets them.
Aren't you and Jack room mates or dating? That was brought up recently but the link wasn't clear.

I am 39 years old most of which was spent feeling alone and unhappy prior to meeting my husband and getting away from my overbearing ISFJ mother so now instead of internalizing everything, I now often say like it is. To me that's not extroversion. Again there's more to most people than what's on the surface.

MadamI'madaM

MBTI Type
Ha!

Before clicking, I thought, "well, at least over here it probably won't amount to people calling people they don't like sensors."

Live and learn.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Jen: ESFJ, certainty: moderate to high. xSFJ, certainty: very high.

Extreme Feeling Judgment dominance of psyche, so obviously Feeling Primary. This leaves ESFJ, ISFJ, ENFJ, and INFJ.

Intuition is sidelined...The lack of Intuition implies Sensing, and her motivation and style is like that of Sensors and SJs as a rule. Which leaves ESFJ and ISFJ.

The importance of sociability, at least in intent, implies Extroversion, which leaves us with ESFJ.
She doesn't lack intuition or introversion as much as she has gotten over the high-self-monitoring many IXFX women engage in. It comes from getting sick of people and their stupid judgments based on trivial things -- women, especially mothers, are subjected to a lot of that kind of thing -- and eventually you realize you're doing pretty darn well and they can take a flying leap if they don't like it. Still stings, but you aren't going to let it rule you.

You talk about her motivation -- what do you perceive her motivation to be?

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
She doesn't lack intuition or introversion as much as she has gotten over the high-self-monitoring many IXFX women engage in. It comes from getting sick of people and their stupid judgments based on trivial things -- women, especially mothers, are subjected to a lot of that kind of thing -- and eventually you realize you're doing pretty darn well and they can take a flying leap if they don't like it. Still stings, but you aren't going to let it rule you.

It's most definitely interesting to watch Monseigneur Flak dissect a person's psyche. The flailing and floundering are what I enjoy the most. :D

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type

Her motivation, academically speaking, is similar to what I've stated. It's primarily to pass judgment based on emotional criteria working in tandem with the obvious. Picking up on intents and nuances is not a strength, so there is likely a preference for the concrete. Additionally, creating the type of social environment she prefers is very important. Very ESFJ trait (Though ISFJ to a lesser extent). Intertype dynamics are a factor here, as the INTP wants nothing to do with the "ESFJ environment." There is an almost palpaple repulsion. Slightly less so for the ISFJ environment, which is why this type is also a possibility.

However. If not xSFJ, something has gone wrong psychologically, because Intuition is functioning improperly. Hypothetically, this could explain the perverse dominance of Feeling in the psyche, to the partial exclusion of the Support function, whether it be Intution or Sensing. The Thinking function has been denied connection with a Perceiving function.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Her motivation, academically speaking, is similar to what I've stated. It's primarily to pass judgment based on emotional criteria working in tandem with the obvious. Picking up on intents and nuances is not a strength, so there is likely a preference for the concrete. Additionally, creating the type of social environment she prefers is very important. Very ESFJ trait (Though ISFJ to a lesser extent). Intertype dynamics are a factor here, as the INTP wants nothing to do with the "ESFJ environment." There is an almost palpaple repulsion. Slightly less so for the ISFJ environment, which is why this type is also a possibility.

However. If not xSFJ, something has gone wrong psychologically, because Intuition is functioning improperly. Hypothetically, this could explain the perverse dominance of Feeling in the psyche, to the partial exclusion of the Support function, whether it be Intution or Sensing. The Thinking function has been denied connection with a Perceiving function.
No. I mean, I know Jen comes off as a certain way on the forums, but you're getting a pretty small slice of the whole person. She may have more of an ES persona online that a lot of other INs, but she's also a very private person, so there's a lot that you don't see here. Your data is insufficient and it is throwing off your conclusions.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
No. I mean, I know Jen comes off as a certain way on the forums, but you're getting a pretty small slice of the whole person. She may have more of an ES persona online that a lot of other INs, but she's also a very private person, so there's a lot that you don't see here. Your data is insufficient and it is throwing off your conclusions.
You are also a Feeling Primary, however you have Intuition in support. It's obvious to me already (As an Intuition Primary with Thinking in support) that your Intuition is fully engaged, just as with every other actual INFJ I can think of. Many other things are obvious to me that won't be obvious to a Judging Primary. You assume I need a closer look to see the picture, but I have a telescope.

ESFJs can be private.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
*methinks the only reason the new JFTI was created was to justify even more condescension to J types*

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5

Jack, seriously, like W-T-F??!?!?

WHO THE HELL ARE YOU!!!

:huh:

Reading this post makes me want to fling poop in your general direction, preferably your face.

DO YOU EVEN KNOW JEN?!?!?

INTERACT WITH HER?!?!?

^Those are rhetorical.

Because the answer is obviously no, you neither know Jen and you hardly ever interact with her. So why the fuck are you trying to tell her who she is and why?? :huh:

You are sooooooooooo quick to put people down, and it is people like this, people like you, who ironically have the *most* apparent problems.

I don't know if everyone is being nice because they feel bad for you, or if we are all just a buttload more mature than you, but most of us, and certainly myself, for the most part, have thus far kept our opinions of you to ourselves.

It is one thing for you to throw personal insults my way but if I keep on seeing you do this to other members, you can bet your ass that I will lose my cool and HAPPILY get an infraction for telling you off.

K, schnookems?

- CC

:smooch:

MBTI Type
ENTP
Aren't you and Jack room mates or dating? That was brought up recently but the link wasn't clear.
we're cellmates.

I am 39 years old most of which was spent feeling alone and unhappy prior to meeting my husband and getting away from my overbearing ISFJ mother so now instead of internalizing everything, I now often say like it is. To me that's not extroversion. Again there's more to most people than what's on the surface.
So when you were sad you internalized everything and now that you're happier you're more outgoing.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
You are also a Feeling Primary, however you have Intuition in support. It's obvious to me already (As an Intuition Primary with Thinking in support) that your Intuition is fully engaged, just as with every other actual INFJ I can think of. Many other things are obvious to me that won't be obvious to a Judging Primary. You assume I need a closer look to see the picture, but I have a telescope.

ESFJs can be private.
ESFJs can indeed be private. My point is, the stuff you don't see because she is private is the data you lack. I don't think you need a closer look. I think you are holding a magnifying glass over a small portion of the big picture that reinforces your preconceived ideas about someone who happens to disagree with and annoy you.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
ESFJs can indeed be private. My point is, the stuff you don't see because she is private is the data you lack. I don't think you need a closer look. I think you are holding a magnifying glass over a small portion of the big picture that reinforces your preconceived ideas about someone who happens to disagree with and annoy you.
Yep!

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
This thread brings a smile to my face. So many strong emotions flooding through posts its marvelous. It almost makes me want to try my hand at eliciting them purposefully, I won't add anything personal or specific to these discussions, but I will say it is somewhat evident reading the posts themselves.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Jack, seriously, like W-T-F??!?!?

WHO THE HELL ARE YOU!!!

:huh:

Reading this post makes me want to fling poop in your general direction, preferably your face.

DO YOU EVEN KNOW JEN?!?!?

INTERACT WITH HER?!?!?

^Those are rhetorical.

Because the answer is obviously no, you neither know Jen and you hardly ever interact with her. So why the fuck are you trying to tell her who she is and why?? :huh:

You are sooooooooooo quick to put people down, and it is people like this, people like you, who ironically have the *most* apparent problems.

I don't know if everyone is being nice because they feel bad for you, or if we are all just a buttload more mature than you, but most of us, and certainly myself, for the most part, have thus far kept our opinions of you to ourselves.

It is one thing for you to throw personal insults my way but if I keep on seeing you do this to other members, you can bet your ass that I will lose my cool and HAPPILY get an infraction for telling you off.

K, schnookems?

- CC

:smooch:

I like what CC said so much that I'm going to publicly agree with her.

Jack I know you think you're the bees knees, but please sit down. Please.