• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Through a process of deduction. You haven't shown anything of an inferior Ne nature. You're so open to change in many ways and you're even flexible in your writing. Even the video chats we had together, you sounded so comfortable with ideas.

I keep my worst off the forum. When I am in the grip, the weak Ne becomes more apparent. I am very likely the most stubborn and intolerant person you will ever meet... when I'm in a bad place. But almost no one witnesses these episodes (my Fe says it's not socially appropriate to express such negativity and rawness in front of others). There is a small handful of people here who have, though, and can attest to this, but I'm not one to call people out.

In a way, I'm very closed off to change. Open to progressive ideas and values? Absolutely. That isn't exclusive to intuitives. But if you were to try to get me to drive an unfamiliar route to get to school, or to order something other than my usual at a restaurant, or to do something I had never done... I become wary, dig my heels into the ground, and won't budge. Very, very stubborn. Actually, it's easy for people to become frustrated with me because of how swiftly I reject every single idea they throw my way. It's happened with multiple people. When I'm stressed out, I act like I already know every single outcome... and I hate all of them. So any idea that anyone could possibly give me to get out of it--I already know where it will lead, and I hate that outcome, so how could I accept it? And then I do nothing. Refuse to take action. That is, until I'm required to, because with some situations, you literally have to act. Inferior Ne grips are hell.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I keep my worst off the forum. When I am in the grip, the weak Ne becomes more apparent. I am very likely the most stubborn and intolerant person you will ever meet... when I'm in a bad place. But almost no one witnesses these episodes (my Fe says it's not socially appropriate to express such negativity and rawness in front of others). There is a small handful of people here who have, though, and can attest to this, but I'm not one to call people out.

In a way, I'm very closed off to change. Open to progressive ideas and values? Absolutely. That isn't exclusive to intuitives. But if you were to try to get me to drive an unfamiliar route to get to school, or to order something other than my usual at a restaurant, or to do something I had never done... I become wary, dig my heels into the ground, and won't budge. Very, very stubborn. Actually, it's easy for people to become frustrated with me because of how swiftly I reject every single idea they throw my way. It's happened with multiple people. When I'm stressed out, I act like I already know every single outcome... and I hate all of them. So any idea that anyone could possibly give me to get out of it--I already know where it will lead, and I hate that outcome, so how could I accept it? And then I do nothing. Refuse to take action. That is, until I'm required to, because with some situations, you literally have to act. Inferior Ne grips are hell.

Oh my goodness, that doesn't sound pleasant at all! Well, inferior grips aren't meant to be anyways. Ya, your experience definitely reminds me of my SFJ friends. One much more so than the other. When he's stressed or overloaded with thoughts and anxiety, he just camps out in his room all day at that point and there's nearly nothing I can do to pull him out of it. No amount of pep talk could get him out of it either.

The other problem with him at that point is, he starts saying all these what-ifs, but most of then are highly irrational, and I almost have to logic him out of it to explain those thoughts won't happen. Secretly I know they could... But come on, he's gotta see the sun!

My other ISFJ friend is similar, but at least she's easier to coax out of the house or to get her out of the grip. I don't blame them though, when I'm in an Si grip, it's no fun to be around me at all and I just don't want to talk to anyone.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh my goodness, that doesn't sound pleasant at all! Well, inferior grips aren't meant to be anyways. Ya, your experience definitely reminds me of my SFJ friends. One much more so than the other. When he's stressed or overloaded with thoughts and anxiety, he just camps out in his room all day at that point and there's nearly nothing I can do to pull him out of it. No amount of pep talk could get him out of it either.

The other problem with him at that point is, he starts saying all these what-ifs, but most of then are highly irrational, and I almost have to logic him out of it to explain those thoughts won't happen. Secretly I know they could... But come on, he's gotta see the sun!

My other ISFJ friend is similar, but at least she's easier to coax out of the house or to get her out of the grip. I don't blame them though, when I'm in an Si grip, it's no fun to be around me at all and I just don't want to talk to anyone.

Yeah, I absolutely hate pep talks and positivity when I'm in the grip. Full-on anxiety mode. Not gonna lie, though... if someone told me "It can't happen to you!" just so I would be more positive about it and I later found out it actually could happen (or even worse, if it actually did end up happening), I'd feel betrayed, maybe because of the 6. Actually, probably because of the 6. Since I tend to take the words of my loved ones as absolute truth lol.

But of course, reminding me that it can happen won't help either. :wink:

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Yeah, I absolutely hate pep talks and positivity when I'm in the grip. Full-on anxiety mode. Not gonna lie, though... if someone told me "It can't happen to you!" just so I would be more positive about it and I later found out it actually could happen (or even worse, if it actually did end up happening), I'd feel betrayed, maybe because of the 6. Actually, probably because of the 6. Since I tend to take the words of my loved ones as absolute truth lol.

But of course, reminding me that it can happen won't help either. :wink:

Ya I feel ya. The only time I give the pep talk is when they start annoying me with it and they just go on and on about these negative possibilities. Oh, and I'll add, that it's not an Fe sorta pep talk, it's more a Te, you're acting ridiculous pep talk with tough love Hahaha. Super important to feel people out though, can't just go getting all abusive just whenever. But ya I'm the same, when I'm going through something, the last thing I'd want is for someone to wanna hug it out with me or worse, talk about my emotions. I prefer to approach my friends and family on my terms, when I'm ready, or when I know ok, I can't do it alone.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

You know Yamato, I really like that you thoroughly explain what you say. It's nice to see someone who explains things in more than a sentence. It really helps me to understand. Excuse me for the lack of content in my response, although I really want to express how grateful I am.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You know Yamato, I really like that you thoroughly explain what you say. It's nice to see someone who explains things in more than a sentence. It really helps me to understand. Excuse me for the lack of content in my response, although I really want to express how grateful I am.

:blush: I feel like I talk too much. :p

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION] [MENTION=25892]Smilephantomhive[/MENTION] and others--

I am enjoying having my type discussed. I've always hoped I would end up in this thread. Keep talking if you like; I'm curious and I don't mind.

As for [MENTION=22089]ESFJ[/MENTION], I trust her own reasoning. Yes, she does *seem* ISFP in vibe and appearance, but I think she's much deeper than that cognitively. I can see her as a very Si-Ti ISFJ, with a 9 core and self-preservation instinct to add to the aloofness. It's possible that she's at least double withdrawn in enneagram, but again, I trust her. She isn't especially expressive or open about her most intimate self here (at least, in comparison to me) so it's harder to understand type alternatives.
ESFJ, I see you as somebody who is very curious and searching. Keep finding yourself. :heart:

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My type is probably not SEE-Fi, but I want to be SEE-Fi because I think they're awesome and cool.

I just realized how :Si: PoLR I was, from my declining health and ignoring or forgetting to take my medications, to missing out tiny details in my work, and forgetting to do things that seems obvious.

I could elaborate more if needed. Discuss.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My type is probably not SEE-Fi, but I want to be SEE-Fi because I think they're awesome and cool.

I just realized how :Si: PoLR I was, from my declining health and ignoring or forgetting to take my medications, to missing out tiny details in my work, and forgetting to do things that seems obvious.

I could elaborate more if needed. Discuss.
When you discussed ILI in contrast to LIE for me, you pointed out that a :Si: PoLR was much more obvious than :Fe: -- and that made total sense. Subsequently, :Fe: also feels very much right for a Role for me -- a thing that I can put on but don't like doing forever and ever, but that I feel like I should to be able to do forever and ever.

Does any IM feel like a Role to you? :Fe:? :Ne:?

Either ENFJ or an ENTP who's very comfortable with his tertiary.

3w4 for enneagram. So/Sx for variant.
I was going to make the joke that I wasn't really asking for feedback and just wanted my POV justified, but I forgot to do it. And now it's too late :dont:

(but thanks, no joke)

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When you discussed ILI in contrast to LIE for me, you pointed out that a :Si: PoLR was much more obvious than :Fe: -- and that made total sense. Subsequently, :Fe: also feels very much right for a Role for me -- a thing that I can put on but don't like doing forever and ever, but that I feel like I should to be able to do forever and ever.

Does any IM feel like a Role to you? :Fe:? :Ne:?

My :Ne: strength is stronger than I'd like to admit. I love to use :Ne: to troll people, and trolly posts on Instagram/Tinder/Scruff are my past time. I'm also very good at slam poetry and puns, which I think is also a good exercise in :Ne:. It's a very entertaining function for me, but I don't take it seriously.

:Fe:, however, is an exercise in futility. As approachable and relatable I seem, I'm really only good for that with one-on-one interactions. Past that, I tend to fade away, mostly chiming in here and there, laughing along when needed or staying silent when the mood gets a bit sombre. I don't have a problem with expressing my emotions, but I have problems trying to direct them. I also find it very tiring trying to keep it up IRL.

When I was younger, I used to have a habit of blurting out whatever that comes to mind. I still do now, but only with friends. With strangers/acquaintances/colleagues I've learned to stay silent because I might offend them, but it sure is stifling. I would like to be able to say whatever the hell I want, because I'm pretty sure it's entertaining or funny when you get to know me.

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=28503]PhloweryPheromes[/MENTION]

We havnt talked so Im going to assume the estj thing isnt to be taken seriously. But no way in the 6 layers of hell am I ever going to be a xxxJ

I can see myself as a ESTP or a ENFP, or on rare occasion if Im in the mood a ESFP But thats it. I will not debate any other.

But honestly. Im an ENTP. Imagining myself the ESFJ you are insisting I am is cracking me up. I am in no way my mother, as much as I love that women to death. We butt heads too much. And by that i mean, everytime i try to start up a intellectual debate she shuts me down or I push her into frustrated tears. On accident mind you. I always hug her and kiss her and spoil her with kisses if i go too far.

Rouskyrie

Reading through all 644 of these pages has been interesting. Thanks, guys. Maybe at some point my personality will be discussed here. It would be interesting to hear what opinions there may be regarding my type (s). Until then, I shall enjoy spectating. :)

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Reading through all 644 of these pages has been interesting. Thanks, guys. Maybe at some point my personality will be discussed here. It would be interesting to hear what opinions there may be regarding my type (s). Until then, I shall enjoy spectating. :)

Keep posting man, and itll be sooner rather than later.:D

Or... Well sometimes NOT posting says just as much/aka introversion/withdrawn mayhaps. But yeah, anyways- best idea is probably let us get to know you.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
This thread is so aggressive that I am honestly surprised I haven't seen people just spamming gifs of fist fights as rebuttals.

Speaking of aggression, maybe some of these mistypings and incorrect retypings may have something to do with function loops and grips. I know I have acknowledged that with a few forum members. Besides, an unhealthy ISFJ can definitely resemble a moderately healthy ESFP and etc.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This thread is so aggressive that I am honestly surprised I haven't seen people just spamming gifs of fist fights as rebuttals.

Speaking of aggression, maybe some of these mistypings and incorrect retypings may have something to do with function loops and grips. I know I have acknowledged that with a few forum members. Besides, an unhealthy ISFJ can definitely resemble a moderately healthy ESFP and etc.

Don't put it in their heads!

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hey. Well, let's see; To start, I'm not really sure whether I'm an introvert or an extrovert. I'm moderately talkative and I don't relate to the whole "Needing time alone after a social interaction to recharge" thing that seems to be an indication of introversion. In fact, I can't really stand to be without social interaction, otherwise I start to become sad. If you knew me in person, you'd probably think I was an introvert, but I grew up in an environment where discussion/social interaction wasn't very accepted, so it's been as of this last year or so that I've been able to fully express my nature.
On a side note: Fe is the only function that legitimately resonates with me. In my group of friends, I'm always the one trying to keep the discussion away from reaching a conflict, so my friends upon discovering the Enneagram dubbed me "The Peacemaker" as a reference to type 9. I thought that was a bit funny, because I can relate to a lot of Type 9, including the guiding fear, but I'm a lot more emotional than nines are usually described as. Except for with anger, that is. I don't like to display it, but I have my moments, which I'm not very fond of since they contrast my normal personality a great deal.
On cognitive functions tests, my score is always as follows: Fe > Ni > Ne > Fi > Ti > Te > Si > Se.
As for my personality, I'm essentially laid back, I go with the flow, I have a strong set of morals but I won't force them on other people. I'm "overly" conciliatory, emotional, sensitive and unintentionally modest. My friends have said I'm "like a five without the cold demeanor and a firm grasp on emotion, as well as logic." Personally, I feel I'm of average intelligence. I tended to slack off during school and not do what I was capable of because of being distracted with relationships in a desperate attempt to find my "other half" so soon into high school. I really enjoy helping people. I also have tried to blend in, but people seem to think of me as unique, so that doesn't work. I don't even really think so, I'm just a guy who walks around in a leather jacket with an open mind and a heart on his sleeve.
Feel free to ask me questions. My apologies for the long post. D:

MBTI is not dependent on behaviors, stereotype, level of socialness, how well you get along with others, what people think of you, or what you had for breakfast. MBTI is about functions. Understanding that is fundamental to correct typing. So it's one thing to learn a little about your functions, but that doesn't mean diddly-squat if you don't understand how they work together. Don't rely on quizzes or type descriptions to determine your type.

Enneagram is super internal. While yeah, people around you might have a sense of what your type is, only you can find that answer. My go-to advice for people unsure of their enneagram is to think long and hard about your fears. What makes you uncomfortable? How do you get comfortable after being uncomfortable? Again, like MBTI, it isn't about what you do, it's why and how you do it.

Seeing how ya have 35-ish posts under your belt, you should create a thread in 'What's my type?', cause this thread is for observations on people who already have a grasp of what their type is.

cosmic royal

Phoenix Flame
MBTI Type
xNTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Also, some members could be mistaken as other types if they're in a "function loop." For example, an unhealthy INFJ could be mistaken as an xSTP if they're utilizing lower Ti and Se more often. Mental disorders and stressful life circumstances lead to that also, but that's more complex.

Age can be a factor as well. Our functions are still developing at a younger age, so some functions show up more prominently than others.