• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION] Almost every 4 I know has a tendency to be shockingly blunt, without necessarily* being aware of how they come across. Several of those 4 friends have been INFPs mistyped as INFJs, and others have been mistyped the other way around.

Add to that the emotional stuntedness, as it relates to other people... Whether that's gender-related or not, it's a factor unrelated to typology IMO.

I don't see you as an INTJ at all, because I don't feel tertiary Fi from you at all. But Ni dom makes sense, so INFJ it is.

*Caveat there because sometimes they're VERY aware of it, as in, they play it up for maximum intensity. But other times it's a complete accident.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION] Almost every 4 I know has a tendency to be shockingly blunt, without necessarily* being aware of how they come across. Several of those 4 friends have been INFPs mistyped as INFJs, and others have been mistyped the other way around.

Add to that the emotional stuntedness, as it relates to other people... Whether that's gender-related or not, it's a factor unrelated to typology IMO.

I don't see you as an INTJ at all, because I don't feel tertiary Fi from you at all. But Ni dom makes sense, so INFJ it is.

*Caveat there because sometimes they're VERY aware of it, as in, they play it up for maximum intensity. But other times it's a complete accident.

That's a very refreshing answer to hear. It's original and not known of, which not many people stretch to make assertions based on their personal experience, which I understand why, but it helps for me to hear from others how they view the world through their lens.

In fact, it's how I communicate to others. I really wish to double like or love this post because of the openness.

:hug: Thank you.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=23583]Yamato Nadeshiko[/MENTION] I nominate you INFP.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Vibes of images you give off man.

i would require more scientific evidence than that in order to consider the possibility of another type

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i think anyone who was having their type second-guessed would want to hear reasons why besides vibes though

Well for first, you fit under the NF Kiersian temperment caring on gender issues and you seem to have a strong opinion on the matters. The way you push for Si in equality to other cognitive functions, making sure the oppressed have a voice.

You sound more comfortable with Ne, you art your blog. The write a lot. The fact you score INFJ on that buzzfeed quiz relating to more intuitive qualities than sensor is also a plus. I definitely think you have Ne and Si for sure. There is no question in that. I think you don't have Fe although you are a nice individual for sure.

Fi =/= douche bag.

You seem like you're strong in your emotions and are deeply in tune with them.

I mean if you want scientific, as Kierva said that's not my strong suit but chemistry is my guilty pleasure I hide from people.

Plus I don't think SJ's are that goofy to come out wearing an espeon costume in public. They're very much in keeping in check with their surroundings.

Plus many INFP's are homebodies. Imo, I think INFP's are the most sensor'ish intuitives.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
i think anyone who was having their type second-guessed would want to hear reasons why besides vibes though

Why I finally gave up asking those that saw me as ESFJ. That, and I just didn't care anymore. Those "vibes" are everywhere ahh!!!

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well for first, you fit under the NF Kiersian temperment caring on gender issues and you seem to have a strong opinion on the matters. The way you push for Si in equality to other cognitive functions, making sure the oppressed have a voice.

You sound more comfortable with Ne, you art your blog. The write a lot. The fact you score INFJ on that buzzfeed quiz relating to more intuitive qualities than sensor is also a plus. I definitely think you have Ne and Si for sure. There is no question in that. I think you don't have Fe although you are a nice individual for sure.

Fi =/= douche bag.

You seem like you're strong in your emotions and are deeply in tune with them.

I mean if you want scientific, as Kierva said that's not my strong suit but chemistry is my guilty pleasure I hide from people.

Plus I don't think SJ's are that goofy to come out wearing an espeon costume in public. They're very much in keeping in check with their surroundings.

Plus many INFP's are homebodies. Imo, I think INFP's are the most sensor'ish intuitives.

So you think I'm an INFP because I have strong opinions and care about gender issues and lifting up Si types? :thinking:

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It isn't that simple, but that may be a part of it.

I think Si+Ti can appear Fi-like. I definitely don't think that only nice people are Fe and Fi users are meanie butts; however I think that my compulsive desire for my values to be shared by others is Fe (because a Fi user would value what they value irregardless of whether others valued the same thing or not)--which is why I sometimes become aggressive in threads on issues I value. To not respond would rub me the wrong way... and I think that this aggressiveness when it comes to me defending those things comes off as Fi, because people tend to believe that those with strong opinions are Fi types.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think Si+Ti can appear Fi-like. I definitely don't think that only nice people are Fe and Fi users are meanie butts; however I think that my compulsive desire for my values to be shared by others is Fe (because a Fi user would value what they value irregardless of whether others valued the same thing or not)--which is why I sometimes become aggressive in threads on issues I value. To not respond would rub me the wrong way... and I think that this aggressiveness when it comes to me defending those things comes off as Fi, because people tend to believe that those with strong opinions are Fi types.

So you're saying you're aggressive of these values because other people value it? Well there's clearly quite a few here aren't that passionate about those issues. :huh:

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
So you're saying you're aggressive of these values because other people value it? Well there's clearly quite a few here aren't that passionate about those issues. :huh:

No, I'm aggressive with defending the things I value because I want to spread that value to others. Fi doesn't care much about spreading as long as it exists as a "living example."

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Why I finally gave up asking those that saw me as ESFJ. That, and I just didn't care anymore. Those "vibes" are everywhere ahh!!!

Hmm, well if you wanted more reasons I could outline a few from what I've seen on the forum.

Your interactions tend to go very smoothly. Not to say you go about socializing with a certain "finesse" but I've noticed that even during conflicts with escalating levels of heat you tend to stay in the middle man position in one or two ways - delving into a "bigger picture" problem at large catalyzing the conflict, being playful and joking with others inadvertently helping prevent either side from getting far out of hand, etc. Those with an Fe ego (and ESFJs moreso than ENFJs due to differing interaction styles) value harmonious social interactions, fostering an upbeat and positive emotional environment where people can interconnect with others and communicate with each other. In that way I see you as that same kind of pleasant and tranquil.

In the same way I said in the past that [MENTION=24479]themightyfetus[/MENTION] excels at seeing the world in an optimistic light, I've seen the same kind of rose-tinted view of life come through in some of your posts. I think one time when I was lurking through the random thought thread I liked something you said about how you rediscover who you are when you gaze up at the stars. I think these very romantic portrayals of the world clue me into ESFJ, as a type that values happy and positive environments of course sees the world in a happy and positive light as well. And I think this also relates to what you experience as your Fi going "deep" (although admittedly I've never fully grasped what you meant when you said that haha). iirc you described as your Ne wanting to get to know everything, but your Fi provides accentuates it by warranting further thorough investigation. From an alternative perspective, it could be that wanting to know everything and gaining a deep understanding of it could be more rooted in Fe, as trying to intimately understand so much relates back to interconnecting with others and creating a warm and empathetic atmosphere. And on the flip side, Ne is less like "ooh shiny object" syndrome ( [MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION] once said she actually finds this symptom more in ExFJs, due to tertiary Pe and to keep the momentum of positive interaction flowing) and actually more disinterested by a surprising amount of what the world has to offer. I don't know about going deep, but I'd say the Ne ego rather latches onto ideas and concepts its engaged by and then seeks a way to bounce ideas off others because it's that building of ideas that is stimulating. So when I hear about the idea of gathering a deeper understanding in relation to one's environment, I think Fe.

And just to pull up a specific quote:

The beauty I so readily see in others, no matter how hurt deep down they may be, is something I can at times fail to see in myself

^This is something I've also seen common in ExFJ - stereotyped as "the givers" but I think more than anything else what they give is a sense of value at the expense of their own. I think there is a kind of social anxiety that can exist in Fe types (but especially ESFJ as Si can make them especially anxious about what can go wrong...which is why 6 is probably a common Enneagram typing for both SFJs), so while they grace others with an inherent respect and value they may be hard on themselves because of how much they perceive themselves as not being good enough. I think that's why self-love is a concept that resonates with many ExFJs as its a therapeutic concept to them, and I also think that's why so many ESFJs can misidentify as NFP nowadays as the idea of listening to one's own needs and caring for oneself can seem like Fi from the get-go. In addition the comment itself is...classically e2 at the very least. 2 gives so much love to others, but it stems from a lack of the own absence of love they possess for themselves. And while 2 and 7 are both positive outlook, it manifests differently. In 2, positive outlook manifests in how it influences and relates to its surroundings (much like what I said above about Fe...and its no surprise above all type combinations 2's correlation with Fe has been one of the strongest). On the other hand, 7's positive outlook manifests in the corners it cuts to escape from its own emptiness (the keyword being emptiness rather than shame). And while I could believe the idea of you chasing your own tail in that way, I do also feel a shame or insecurity regarding your sense of identity...and your naturally consistent positive influence in forum interactions is clear to me.

So there are a few reasons I could churn out for you if you were feeling in the dark about these suggestions :thinking:

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm, well if you wanted more reasons I could outline a few from what I've seen on the forum.

Your interactions tend to go very smoothly. Not to say you go about socializing with a certain "finesse" but I've noticed that even during conflicts with escalating levels of heat you tend to stay in the middle man position in one or two ways - delving into a "bigger picture" problem at large catalyzing the conflict, being playful and joking with others inadvertently helping prevent either side from getting far out of hand, etc. Those with an Fe ego (and ESFJs moreso than ENFJs due to differing interaction styles) value harmonious social interactions, fostering an upbeat and positive emotional environment where people can interconnect with others and communicate with each other. In that way I see you as that same kind of pleasant and tranquil.

In the same way I said in the past that [MENTION=24479]themightyfetus[/MENTION] excels at seeing the world in an optimistic light, I've seen the same kind of rose-tinted view of life come through in some of your posts. I think one time when I was lurking through the random thought thread I liked something you said about how you rediscover who you are when you gaze up at the stars. I think these very romantic portrayals of the world clue me into ESFJ, as a type that values happy and positive environments of course sees the world in a happy and positive light as well. And I think this also relates to what you experience as your Fi going "deep" (although admittedly I've never fully grasped what you meant when you said that haha). iirc you described as your Ne wanting to get to know everything, but your Fi provides accentuates it by warranting further thorough investigation. From an alternative perspective, it could be that wanting to know everything and gaining a deep understanding of it could be more rooted in Fe, as trying to intimately understand so much relates back to interconnecting with others and creating a warm and empathetic atmosphere. And on the flip side, Ne is less like "ooh shiny object" syndrome ( [MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION] once said she actually finds this symptom more in ExFJs, due to tertiary Pe and to keep the momentum of positive interaction flowing) and actually more disinterested by a surprising amount of what the world has to offer. I don't know about going deep, but I'd say the Ne ego rather latches onto ideas and concepts its engaged by and then seeks a way to bounce ideas off others because it's that building of ideas that is stimulating. So when I hear about the idea of gathering a deeper understanding in relation to one's environment, I think Fe.

And just to pull up a specific quote:

^This is something I've also seen common in ExFJ - stereotyped as "the givers" but I think more than anything else what they give is a sense of value at the expense of their own. I think there is a kind of social anxiety that can exist in Fe types (but especially ESFJ as Si can make them especially anxious about what can go wrong...which is why 6 is probably a common Enneagram typing for both SFJs), so while they grace others with an inherent respect and value they may be hard on themselves because of how much they perceive themselves as not being good enough. I think that's why self-love is a concept that resonates with many ExFJs as its a therapeutic concept to them, and I also think that's why so many ESFJs can misidentify as NFP nowadays as the idea of listening to one's own needs and caring for oneself can seem like Fi from the get-go. In addition the comment itself is...classically e2 at the very least. 2 gives so much love to others, but it stems from a lack of the own absence of love they possess for themselves. And while 2 and 7 are both positive outlook, it manifests differently. In 2, positive outlook manifests in how it influences and relates to its surroundings (much like what I said above about Fe...and its no surprise above all type combinations 2's correlation with Fe has been one of the strongest). On the other hand, 7's positive outlook manifests in the corners it cuts to escape from its own emptiness (the keyword being emptiness rather than shame). And while I could believe the idea of you chasing your own tail in that way, I do also feel a shame or insecurity regarding your sense of identity...and your naturally consistent positive influence in forum interactions is clear to me.

So there are a few reasons I could churn out for you if you were feeling in the dark about these suggestions :thinking:

Did he ask for it?

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Did he ask for it?

Whew, I didn't expect you to respond that quick. Well he said he agreed with the quote saying suggestions should offer more than just vibes...so I gave him more than just vibes. But the nature of the thread itself doesn't operate by request anyways.