• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I'm an ESTJ. WATCH OUT.

Watching out, watching out!

Okay, if I had to guess the order of BlueWing's functions, they'd be Ti + Te + Si.

That's impossible according to Myers-Briggs. Or maybe Bluewing is just trying to extrovert Ti, and is coming up with limited success.

If BlueWing is an INTJ, where's Ni?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...If BlueWing is an INTJ, where's Ni?

That's one reason he's not INTJ.

He doesn't have one.

And if he did, it would be screwing with his Ti pretty badly.

Ti needs a frame of reference to work within.
Ni inherently believes that frames of reference are arbitrary.

Thus, in a nutshell, Ni resorts to Ti's arguments with a, "Well, YOU say" response.
Ni "trumps" Ti in the functional equivalent of "rock, scissors, paper."

BW has total faith in his conceptual reasoning process and expresses none of the doubt that Ni usually cultivates.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's one reason he's not INTJ.

He doesn't have one.

And if he did, it would be screwing with his Ti pretty badly.

Ti needs a frame of reference to work within.
Ni inherently believes that frames of reference are arbitrary.

Thus, in a nutshell, Ni resorts to Ti's arguments with a, "Well, YOU say" response.
Ni "trumps" Ti in the functional equivalent of "rock, scissors, paper."

BW has total faith in his conceptual reasoning process and expresses none of the doubt that Ni usually cultivates.
If he had Ni, he wouldn't have much Ti.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sewer Space Clown, make us laugh with your hilarious ESFP ways.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
If he had Ni, he wouldn't have much Ti.

Right! If he had both, it would either make him an NFJ or an STP, and in both of them one either has a lot of Ti and not much Ni, or a lot of Ni, and not much Ti.

For some reason, I don't think he's an STP or an NFJ, and if Ni was on top of Ti in his case, I have a feeling his writing would make much less sense than it does.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
... if Ni was on top of Ti in his case, I have a feeling his writing would make much less sense than it does.

Which leads us back to Elfinchilde and Wildcat?

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
BlueWing is an INTP!!!!!!!
I think it's just that a whole lot of you don't want him to be one...
His style isn't like many of the other INTP's on this board (Haight, Jennifer, Xander..) but he is still an INTP- his long philosophical posts show strong Ti..

A Ti is intolerant of stupidity and he thinks y'all are stupid for not understanding his posts..at least he perceives it as a lack of understanding. I don't think that's the case for those who have been arguing with him.. but I think that's what he's thinking.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I think BlueWing's and my own type are skewed because of whatever internal influence knowledge of typology has on us, hence the confusion.

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP

Okay, if I had to guess the order of BlueWing's functions, they'd be Ti + Te + Si.

That's impossible according to Myers-Briggs. Or maybe Bluewing is just trying to extrovert Ti, and is coming up with limited success.

If BlueWing is an INTJ, where's Ni?

in his vivid imagination that he's not showing us. He's all about playing the movies in his head, but the problem is that they're dumb 1950s movies. That's why what he pretends to describe about the real world sounds more like a scene from "The Honeymooners".

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Don't hurt me, Martoon. :(

(Just a sec on that request.)

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Don't hurt me, Martoon. :(

(Just a sec on that request.)
:p

This is an interesting discussion on INTPs and anger. Could one of the madmins be so kind as to split the relevant posts off into another thread? If you don't, I'll be really, really pissed. :steam:
Fine!

Moved here, Dr. Banner.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
in his vivid imagination that he's not showing us. He's all about playing the movies in his head, but the problem is that they're dumb 1950s movies. That's why what he pretends to describe about the real world sounds more like a scene from "The Honeymooners".

What? :huh:

...and your evidence is, "all the stuff in his head that we can't see... but I know it's in there."
Interesting.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Maverick, since when are you an ENFJ? Can we paint each other's toenails?

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Maverick, since when are you an ENFJ? Can we paint each other's toenails?

Lovely :smile:

Since I finally realized that it didn't matter if I was "rational", I'm interested in people and relationships first and foremost! :yes:

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

It's only impossible in the archetype roles, but not in the strengths. Ideally, you would think the strengths would fall into the familiar order of Myers-Briggs, but the Cognitive Processes test suggests they can be in any different order. However, the archetypal roles will still be the same, and that's what those "places" (dom, aux, ter, etc) really are. Te will still be "oppositional" (5th place, and very "shadowy, associated with stress and requiring a lot of energy to use). Ne will still be "supporting" though there may be other functions apparently getting ahead of it in strength.

I'm wondering why again, people are saying BW lacks Ne. Someone may have mentioned it before, but I forgot.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've made my case. I'm entirely confident that I'm not an INFP, even if I'm not an INTP(hence the INXP consideration).

I'm tired of this whole "don't feel bad about being an F" thing. It's like mistaking a straight-man for being gay, and then telling him not to worry about it. No, there's nothing wrong with being gay, but it's pretty annoying to have everyone think you're gay when you are not.

Putting my case so far aside, I'd point out that no MBTI test has ever made me an F. I've taken plenty, many several times, and I've never been an F.
I've also done a great deal of reading on type descriptions. I've taken many different samples of that, and I've never found the INFP description more identifiable than the INTP one.

Aside from BlueWing's first ramble, and a few, small jabs from Nocapszy, no one else here has provided any comment other than me "seeming like an F" whatever that means. Again, I think it comes around to an emphasis on superficial, irrelevant qualities. Nor have you responded to my case.

And, more than me even being incorrectly perceived as an F, I'm taking objection to the idea that BlueWing has put together a great piece of work. It's just really long, not even as well presented as I would have made it, and mostly relies on completely misusing my words.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I've made my case. I'm entirely confident that I'm not an INFP, even if I'm not an INTP(hence the INXP consideration).

I'm tired of this whole "don't feel bad about being an F" thing. It's like mistaking a straight-man for being gay, and then telling him not to worry about it. No, there's nothing wrong with being gay, but it's pretty annoying to have everyone think you're gay when you are not.

Putting my case so far aside, I'd point out that no MBTI test has ever made me an F. I've taken plenty, many several times, and I've never been an F.
I've also done a great deal of reading on type descriptions. I've taken many different samples of that, and I've never found the INFP description more identifiable than the INTP one.

Aside from BlueWing's first ramble, and a few, small jabs from Nocapszy, no one else here has provided any comment other than me "seeming like an F" whatever that means. Again, I think it comes around to an emphasis on superficial, irrelevant qualities. Nor have you responded to my case.

And, more than me even being incorrectly perceived as an F, I'm taking objection to the idea that BlueWing has put together a great piece of work.
He has. You disagree because you don't like the outcome. You're attached to being a T.

It's just really long,
Because it's rigorous... yours was long...
not even as well presented as I would have made it, and mostly relies on completely misusing my words.
He doesn't misuse your words at all...

Did you really even read his damn post? If you did, I'm guessing you were too aggravated or upset to pay enough attention to what he said.

For the record, I never said I think you're INFP. I think you're INFJ.

Lots of INFJs confuse themselves for INTPs. Ask SH.