• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Been really introspective the past couple of weeks and thanks to some members on vent asking questions about Fi, I was able to reflect and get more in touch with mine. So much so, the self attached labeling of "INFP" is feeling more and more adequate as I leave it up. Admittedly I just changed it to see how it fit for a short while, but now I'm sort of buying into it....

Sorry [MENTION=23583]21lux[/MENTION], but that "I" will probably be staying up a tad while longer :newwink:

You guys have probably seen my video so you can make the call whether INFP fits or not, but ugh...I'm in Fi land right now hahaha I'll let ya'll know when I get back home from vacation.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Nope, don't feel bombarded :)

These are good things to consider. I really appreciate your feedback (hug!) You made me sit up and take note!

I am not resistant to determining I am a different type (enneagram…). I have long been envious of “S” types and consider it an honour to even be considered! I have recently abandoned some ‘strong beliefs’ I’ve had since childhood and although scary, it’s also thrilling :D

Difficulty due to: finding myself in many type profiles! Thus, I find it best to winnow the overwhelmingly applicable characteristics down as much as possible. Also, to rely on that feeling of “having arrived home” when reading descriptions.

A frequent complaint of many friends (and even more so family) is that although they authentically know me, I am hard to pin down and know in a COMPLETE sense.

I definitely DID relate to some of ISFJ. Like seeing someone in a crowd who has remarkably similar physical features to me. When I read INFX descriptions, I feel like I am talking with old friends who ‘get me’.

Yes, I think INFP’s are more uncomfortable in the spotlight. My family background required me to ‘put on’ extroversion until I reached an age where I made the decision to take off the social mask. I have a background in theatre and performing (dance, singing in a band). My introversion level measures only slightly less than my extraversion. I feel these factors may play a part?

Interesting. I agree with you that the ‘emotional expression’ aspect seemingly contradicts Fi/Fe. Good point! :thinking:

I do have a very practical/pragmatic side. I was not this way until I was married and saw in an intimate setting; HOW beneficial utilizing that way of thinking can be. I consciously made the effort - to adopt habits/ways of thinking that were opposite to myself but would serve me better - when rational or logical approach was appropriate.

I think I am even more so since my husband died and I do not want to ‘forget’ that influence. I know that isn’t traditionally associated with INFP and it has been bewildering for me when trying to make determinations also.

Having a chill and easygoing atmosphere is core to my life. I will base decisions (who to include more in my life, what to do for work, where to live…) based on this. I do NOT like drama, or things being written in stone.

So friendship with sexual tension sounds hella more fun than two people politely smiling and sticking their pinkies out drinking weak tea.

Ha! (laughs) I get what you are saying about personal preference. Even though dating is increasingly casual, I still know people who value a more traditional dating format. My 21-year-old cousin is currently planning a first-date for the girl he likes with flowers, a poem, dinner…the whole shebang. She is the kind that will eat that up ;D

I get that I am not socially a typical INFP at all & understand how this would make my type up for discussion.

I am very shy at times. I recently explained to [MENTION=22067]riva[/MENTION] that if TypeC had a party I would go: enter the room confidently, want to meet everyone, dance and laugh. But, if a week later I saw someone who I had REALLY liked at the party…I would quickly scurry into a subway entrance until I knew they had passed. Even though I desperately WOULD want to talk to them :doh:

This doesn’t prevent me from direct communication because I favour honest interface MORE, but the shyness IS present.

I do see myself in 2 - just don’t feel those motivations and fears - MORE SO than the ones within 4.

It may not be as readily apparent because I reveal myself VERY slowly. I have been on public forum’s before and this is the first time I am williing/trying to truly speed up the rate of opening myself. I recognize that the benefit’s outweigh my desire to keep to self. It may seem like I ‘put it all out there’ but in actuality I am struggling to figure out the appropriate speed. Given it normally takes, a LOT of one-on-one interaction to go to those “other levels” with people.

I understand the 4’s desire for connection (stronger than my need to help & display love although those elements are also key!) and knowing self. Also, the fear that if people truly DO know you that they will reject you. Because they prefer the ‘easy breezy you’ to the darker side that can also be present.

{Even if one is not REALLY dark, BUT that side is in such contrast to the sunny and personable side. I have often had people tell me “You can’t be grumpy. You are ___(my name)____.” I value my ISTP so much because he lovingly forces me to ‘rant’ sometimes}.

I understand the ’lessons’ of a 4. I have had to learn that profound creativity doesn’t put always put food on the table. That I need to not take myself seriously. To question the ‘stories or beliefs’ I construct and remember to do it with humour. That I can be vulnerable but still open.

These have been arduous lessons for me to absorb. I am still working on it all so I don’t back-slide when under stress…

Now what? (smiles)

I'm going to sleep. I'll try to respond to this tomorrow. :)

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
Not a ISFJ. But I never thought you could be.

However, I am getting a NFJ vibe.... I don't feel a lot of Fi in your answer. And INFPs have tert Si, so all those things you just used to push against being a Si dom have application here as well. And nothing in your answer seemed to push against being a Fe aux.

How do you feel about Ni and Fe? Do you relate to them at all?

I am still giving this thought (grins).

[MENTION=23583]21lux[/MENTION] helped me immeasurably and has given me more to 'chew on'.

One thing he spoke about that I found clarifying (hope it's ok I am alluding to this here, Lux) is the dynamic between Fi vs Fe involving ethics and it's application.

That Fe is more of a crusader, will work to change people's opinions with the goal of reaching consensus.

That Fi has strong inner morals/values but does not need to influence people to change. That they retain those values whether it is a consensus or not.

I strongly relate to Fi here. If I believe in something I may quietly go about looking to effect change. But, I don't need to. My preference is just to lead by example (taking attention to make sure I CAN be a worthy example :blush:). I don't need others to share my view. If I have the inner knowledge and belief that the value is correct = that is enough for me.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am still giving this thought (grins).

[MENTION=23583]21lux[/MENTION] helped me immeasurably and has given me more to 'chew on'.

One thing he spoke about that I found clarifying (hope it's ok I am alluding to this here, Lux) is the dynamic between Fi vs Fe involving ethics and it's application.

That Fe is more of a crusader, will work to change people's opinions with the goal of reaching consensus.

That Fi has strong inner morals/values but does not need to influence people to change. That they retain those values whether it is a consensus or not.

I strongly relate to Fi here. If I believe in something I may quietly go about looking to effect change. But, I don't need to. My preference is just to lead by example (taking attention to make sure I CAN be a worthy example :blush:). I don't need others to share my view. If I have the inner knowledge and belief that the value is correct = that is enough for me.

Thanks for the response.

I see Fi as the crusader. One of MBTI nicknames of ENFP is champion. Most ENFP descriptions I have seen talks of causes. Now Fi doms can do the "lead by example" thing, I guess, but most I know embody their beliefs (especially the ISFPs). My wife is a shinning pilar of Fi when engaged and few can not feel the intensity of her values. It is her not eloquence or connecting to everyone else, it is her profound depth of her values, that seems to be able to move mountains.

My values are mine. I don't sway back and forth with a group. I also don't proselytize others much.

What I do is find common ground with others and build a relationship on that. And I can do that with anyone anywhere. I don't shove my differences of values in the face of others. So can I be friends with an atheists and a born again Christian? Yes. Can I easily interact with communists and libertarians? Yes.

So, I try to work with others and nudge them to better themselves.

Most ENFPs I know can be pretty blunt and caustic when they find an area where someone disagrees with them that they otherwise connect with and try to battle the person into submission or cut them off.

Moreover, FPs use Te to communicate and tend to be harsher and blunter, saying what they feel without accommodation the feelings of others. My wife often uses blunt and harsh language, as well. Fe may sound more authoritative and compelling (so I have been told) but in person, I am always sensitive to the feelings of others and try to couch my language in a manner that is both emotionally sensitive and likely to impact others

So, a lot of what I sense about how you operate here and your real life seems to care about others. Now, a FP can care about others a lot if that is one of their core values, so it can get confusing.

Finally, functions have two sides and we just prefer one. A Fi dom will have strong Fe that is unconscious, and a Fe dom will have strong Fi that is really hidden. The path for each is to go to the other direction, hence I am spending a lot of time exploring my inner space, which is a very awkward and difficult process to me.

Again, I don't know if you really are a FJ or FP, but so much of you vibes Fe....

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
jung is actually the one who said Fe types are more likely to be the moral crusaders but i cannot find the original quote atm.

Fe types want consensus--some will stereotypically "conform to the norm" and others will fight to make what they believe the "norm."
Fi types work independently of whatever that "norm" is. they do not seek to either change others views, nor will they compromise on their own.
Je vs Ji.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
jung is actually the one who said Fe types are more likely to be the moral crusaders but i cannot find the original quote atm.

Fe types want consensus--some will stereotypically "conform to the norm" and others will fight to make what they believe the "norm."
Fi types work independently of whatever that "norm" is. they do not seek to either change others views, nor will they compromise on their own.
Je vs Ji.

I'm definitely a Fe type, then.

HyperLock

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Je vs Ji.

If you happen to find it, do tell us

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Je vs Ji.

Question: so if an Fi user sees someone getting bullied. The bully's moral is different from the Fi person. So would the Fi user stop? Just stand and watch and say bullying sucks? Lol.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Question: so if an Fi user sees someone getting bullied. The bully's moral is different from the Fi person. So would the Fi user stop? Just stand and watch and say bullying sucks? Lol.

It doesn't mean Fi users never do anything to create change. It just means that they don't feel the need for that consensus the way Fe does

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It doesn't mean Fi users never do anything to create change. It just means that they don't feel the need for that consensus the way Fe does

I think this is a little tricky... I am not sure how other Fi users relate, but for me it's like, I can conform, I can adjust to the norm and I can be quiet for the sake of harmony and to avoid conflict... But I do have that inner fighter, I like to change people's views, I like to help people grow and I am thrilled by the idea of change itself, I want to influence human's life and I want even to influence society as the whole. I have high idealistic and even revolutionary goals... I just like to express this in friendly, comfortable and harmonius atmosphere for everyone involved and to avoid conflict as much as possible.

But idk...I decided I am a beta type mostly because of this, but I still think I am an INFP in MBTI and that I use more Fi than Fe... So... Take as it is

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't know if this is biased, but I think Fi is less about not standing up for people and causes and more about the ability to stand up for people and causes even if you're the only one doing it or it creates more conflict (or both). I might just be talking about myself personally though.

- - - Updated - - -

I sound like a 6.

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=23583]21lux[/MENTION] should be "boy!" not whatever he is typed as at the moment.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Ugh, I always feel like I'm in the middle.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I do not know for certain what I would do in a hypothetical situation. But if I did not intervene, I do know that I would hold myself complicit in the bullying, and not change or soften that valuation even if others tried to convince me otherwise. I've thought these things through more than others may realize, and while the capacity remains not to always behave in congruence with my feeling (not even a small capacity...). That's a Fi thing to me.

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have high idealistic and even revolutionary goals...

This interest will cause you to throw this...

I just like to express this in friendly, comfortable and harmonius atmosphere for everyone involved and to avoid conflict as much as possible.

...under the bus as you get older. In my opinion, obviously.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't know if this is biased, but I think Fi is less about not standing up for people and causes and more about the ability to stand up for people and causes even if you're the only one doing it or it creates more conflict (or both). I might just be talking about myself personally though.

- - - Updated - - -

I sound like a 6.

Yes, this is what I meant. Obviously both Fi and Fe can be and often are moral crusaders but they have different approaches and reasonings. It's just tiring to hear that only Fi gets those things and Fe just gets hivemind.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think this is a little tricky... I am not sure how other Fi users relate, but for me it's like, I can conform, I can adjust to the norm and I can be quiet for the sake of harmony and to avoid conflict... But I do have that inner fighter, I like to change people's views, I like to help people grow and I am thrilled by the idea of change itself, I want to influence human's life and I want even to influence society as the whole. I have high idealistic and even revolutionary goals... I just like to express this in friendly, comfortable and harmonius atmosphere for everyone involved and to avoid conflict as much as possible.

But idk...I decided I am a beta type mostly because of this, but I still think I am an INFP in MBTI and that I use more Fi than Fe... So... Take as it is

This sounds more like general feeling than just Fi. I'm Fe and I can relate a lot to this. Though tbh I do agree that you're an Fi type